A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,881
Currently Running With Scissors:
753 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WICHITA CRAFTERS UNITE!  (Read 4222 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wichitamom

Sewing & Crafts oh my!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008 10:10:02 AM »

So Ladies how'd it go!!! Sorry I couldn't be there my daughter has dance on Thursdays and until yesterday I hadn't thought about carpooling her but it looks like from know on Thursdays would work for me. How often did you guys decide to meet?

I also thought we could start a little forum I know some other crafty moms that are not a part of craftster that would love to get in on this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brookeincraftland
BROOKE

formerly was polKadOt_iT.then they took over :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008 08:31:41 PM »

hey wichita mom- we missed you. Glad that thursdays will work for you now also Smiley I think advertising or whatever through that other forum would be great! we wanted to find as many people as we could to get involved. Look forward to meeting you next time

brooke
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have paint all over my fingers and fabric all over the floor. Yeah it was a good day!
Orrkid
Crafty WICHITANS Unite!

I'm addicted to DDR. I need a 12-step program.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008 10:50:59 AM »

I need your help! I've been trying to come up with somewhere that we can meet, and nothing is coming to mind. Hobby Lobby and Michaels aren't going to work.

We need some place that has an elevator/no stairs and has parking nearby. We'll also need some place to spread out our work - unless we're all so addicted to embroidery that it's all we end up doing. Smiley If there's a fee, we'll need to know about it ahead of time so we can discuss how to handle it. It would be nice if it could be centrally located, but that's not as important.

Post your ideas here! I appreciate your help. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But we have flamethrowers. And what this indicates to me, it means that at some point, some person said to himself, "Gee, I sure would like to set those people on fire over there. But I'm way too far away to get the job done. If only I had something that would throw flame on them."
embroiderywitch
embroiderywitch

Unique Gifts For Unique People

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008 11:05:35 AM »

I will probably be a little late for the meeting. I have to pick up some items around 6:00-may be able to do that a bit earlier. Are we going to try for that back table again?? See you all tomorrow.

Colleen Mills Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wichitamom

Sewing & Crafts oh my!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009 07:50:35 AM »

Are you guys still meeting on a reg basis?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Orrkid
Crafty WICHITANS Unite!

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009 11:15:48 AM »

Yep! We meet at 6:00 tomorrow (Thursday) at the Panera located at Central & Hillside. Hope you can make it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But we have flamethrowers. And what this indicates to me, it means that at some point, some person said to himself, "Gee, I sure would like to set those people on fire over there. But I'm way too far away to get the job done. If only I had something that would throw flame on them."
Orrkid
Crafty WICHITANS Unite!

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009 02:56:38 PM »

Okay, I've posted the news about us being on Meetup.com on the first post, as well as our Yahoo group info.

Does anyone know how to link to our Wichita Craft Club group on Facebook?

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to where we can promote ourselves online?

Back to Meetup...they offer flyers with tear-off tabs. What are your thoughts on those?

Help me get the word out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jblythe
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009 01:36:54 PM »

Is there a current group happening?  I'd really like to find some gals to do a weekly craft night with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Orrkid
Crafty WICHITANS Unite!

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009 10:49:56 AM »

Is there a current group happening?  I'd really like to find some gals to do a weekly craft night with.

Yes, and we'd be happy to have another member!  We meet at Panera at Central and Hillside on Thursdays at 6pm - just look for the group of people crafting in the back room. Bring your current project(s) as well as any examples you might have of completed work - we'd love to see what you've made!

I'd recommend following us here:
http://www.meetup.com/Wichita-Craft-Club

You can RSVP for each meeting, and check ahead to see how many members are planning to attend. Once we get a large enough group, we're hoping to add some group activities and other things to our calendar. Feel free to post other questions here in case someone else is wondering the same thing. Smiley We look forward to meeting you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sweet Peas With Kim Westad
Upcycled Gift Wrap
Handmade Portraits: Yokoo
How to Crochet with Front and Back Posts
How to Make a Pom Pom Bow with Wired Ribbon
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...