A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: COLLEGE FINALS CARE PACKAGE SWAP (SIGNUPS CLOSED: SENDOUTS 5/10)  (Read 12829 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stitch and stones
« on: March 27, 2008 09:12:46 PM »

Swap name:  COLLEGE FINALS CARE PACKAGE SWAP
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: ELMPIXIE AND STITCH AND STONES
Sign-up date range: 3/27-4/10
Date to send item by: May 1st, but some will adjust slightly so you get your goodies before your finals date

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NOPE

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NOPE

Age requirement? CURRENTLY A COLLEGE STUDENT

Swap Organizer herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES

PLEASE READ ALL DETAILS BEFORE SENDING IN YOUR QUESTIONAIRE!!!

Details of swap:

This is a swap to give college students a chance to pamper and be pampered during finals.  Matches will be set up so that you receive your package during or as close to finals week as possible, but are finished crafting before your own finals.  We will be sending 2 mediums and 5 smalls, which gives a chance to do 1 large if you would like, and also the chance to send lots of small things such as tea or chocolate covered espresso beans (two of my favorite finals necessities) Hopefully everyone will get lots of time to craft, but if there are people who have their finals too soon after April 10th to have enough time to do all that just make a note of that in your questionnaire and we will either lower the crafting amount or partner you up before the end of sign-ups.

NECESSITIES: You must communicate frequently both with the group via the forum, and with your partner via private message.  If your partner doesn't communicate with you please inform one of the organizers so that we know and can take care of it.  Bad communication will merit a bad communication comment in your feedback.

You must be willing to post pictures of what you receive (if you own a camera), although considering the fact that this is based around finals, some lag time for finals to finish is acceptable.  Not posting in the gallery after you receive will also be noted in the comments in your feedback. 

Also, please remember this is a crafting swap. Please remember to be courteous with your crafting and try not to bail out on the crafting time. We do understand that this swap is before finals and is an add to the workload, but we don't want any disappointment. So please, if you do not think you will have ample time, do not sign up and remember craft unto others as you would have crafted to you!  Wink

You must inform "elmpixie" when you have sent and received.  Including the DC# of your package

ONCE YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR PARTNER YOU MUST DISCUSS SEND-OUT DATES, WHETHER YOU WANT THEM BEFORE DURING OR AFTER YOUR FINALS. 

IF YOU ARE SENDING AFTER MAY 10TH YOU MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST PM ELMPIXIE AND TELL HER YOUR PERSONAL SEND-OUT DATE. 

MAY 10TH IS STILL THE CUT-OFF DATE FOR FEEDBACK ETC, SO YOU HAVE TO TELL ELMPIXIE OF YOUR DATE IF IT IS PAST THAT SO YOU DON'T GET BAD FEEDBACK!

PLEASE USE THE SUBJECT "College Finals Swap _______ (approval, question, sent or received) WITH ALL COMMUNICATION WITH EITHER ORGANIZER

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer "stitch and stones"

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?:
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no):
What are the dates of your week of finals (for ex 5/10-5/15)?
Would the May 10th sendout date work for you?
What is the name of your school/ college/ university?
What is your major?
Any allergies?
Anything in particular you would like in a care package? (Warm things, food, fun distractions, silly things, craft supplies, things to help concentrate etc):
Anything in particular you would NOT like?
Any particular crafts you would like to receive? (crochet, beading, clay etc):
Crafts you would like to do?
Crafts you would NOT like to do?
Rate your craftliness 0-newbie 10-uber uber crafter?
Fave Colors?
Fabrics/materials?
Do you have a camera to post pictures of your received package?
Links to a wishlist or wist or favorites on etsy or ravelry?

Anything else about you? (put as much here as you would like, the more the better)

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008 08:59:34 PM by stitch and stones » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap hungry- send me a yummy PM.

http://www.pinterest.com/amberburrr/

although imperfect, love is real, and it is balled up next to you smiling and rubbing sleep from its eyes. -the raintree
elmpixie
I need my hat, but not for my head...

Four's Treble

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008 09:48:46 PM »

AND partners are up!

DON'T FORGET TO MESSAGE ELMPIXIE IF YOU MOVE YOUR SEND-OUT DATE PAST MAY 10TH.  I MUST GET THIS INFORMATION BY 4/14, OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE COUNTED AS SENDING LATE IF YOU SEND AFTER MAY 10TH

elmpixie-kraftyKT
stitchandstones-JessJazzz
rira-amybarnett
hngoodlett-kittenbonanza
chasing_cars-elensule
pocketwatch-sasserdesas
rikaheart-lindsey goes to eleven
tch345-jessica.marie

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008 08:34:12 PM by elmpixie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST
BLOG

Couture
Bag with a plan
Wearables
Wall-E
stitch and stones
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008 10:01:30 PM »

I know! I'm seriously bouncing up and down waiting to approve people. I'm being bad too- I really need to be studying. Whoops. There goes the traditional college attitude for priorities.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

although imperfect, love is real, and it is balled up next to you smiling and rubbing sleep from its eyes. -the raintree
tcha345
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008 06:37:48 AM »

I like to play the "search craftster instead of doing my homework" game.  I have about 3 papers to write!  Shocked

Oops! I'll have to seriously think about this swap.  I don't wanna put off my school work anymore but at the same time.... I would sort of really like to join....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm awesome. Smiley

I have vintage yarn that I would like to give to someone! Please send a message if you'd like to obtain it.  I have lots!
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008 08:09:51 AM »

I sent in my questionnaire before my first class. I'm very excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008 08:28:04 AM »

this is now in my planner to do.

quite excited I am... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
GatorWrangler
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008 08:55:14 AM »

When are other people's finals? Mine are April 22-29 which I'm a little worried about because it's so close to the end date.  It would be great if people have later finals and I could craft after my finals and before my summer classes start.  I think that would be the only way I would be able to join this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
tcha345
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008 09:05:19 AM »

My finals start May 5th, then I graduate on the 10th!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Woo-hoo! Last finals ever! (Unless I decide to go to grad school)

Still contemplating this one. I think if I finish most of my papers this weekend then I'll sign up on Monday.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008 09:06:15 AM by tcha345 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm awesome. Smiley

I have vintage yarn that I would like to give to someone! Please send a message if you'd like to obtain it.  I have lots!
stitch and stones
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008 11:47:04 AM »

GatorWrangler- The sendout date we used is a basic guideline for sendouts. That's why in the questionaire we added if the May 10th sendout date would work with your finals. We expect that once you get your partners, you will communicate when you both want to send out, even if this is at different times.

This doesn't mean though, that you send elmpixie your send/ recieve information on May 10th. Make her job a lot easier and just send that info when you all can Smiley Also, the May 10th sendout will be the cutoff for negative feedback, ie. not sending, sending late with no communication, sending a week too late with communication etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chasing_cars

n00b knitter. ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008 12:53:01 PM »

Heyo, I'd like to sign up and am PMing my info to you, stitch, but my finals are actually quite a long time before anyone else's, I think: the week of April 27th. I am, however, perfectly okay with receiving the package after my classes are over. I can just save the stuff for midterms next year, or whatever. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

More out of place than anything you know.
Like an opera at a disco.
When all you wanted was a rock show (tonight).
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Apple Cinnamon Bundt Cake Recipe
How to Make Chocolate Panna Cotta
Dangerously Delicious Maple Bacon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
“Cupcake Wars” Stars Make Sweet Potato Cupcakes
How to Make a Blackberry Skillet Cake
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...