A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 304,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Going Away Gift - Pics are gone, sorry!  (Read 3415 times)
Tags for this thread: name  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindsycarranza

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 27, 2008 07:50:43 PM »

Name hanging? I really dunno what to call it but I LOVE it!!!
One of my clients (I clean houses) is moving to Denver, which makes me sad I really love them so I decided to make them a little something. I really love my creation it kinda just came to me!
I also made them a folder titled Tips from your favorite cleaning lady Smiley
Just something fun because they need organization tips, they had me do a lot of organizing for them and loved what I did so I though I'd give them some tips to help out Smiley

Anyways I'm rambling...
It's a scrabble tile rack that is mod podged with scrapbook papers. I drilled holes and used screw eyes and split rings to attach everything. The letters are scrabble tiles that I painted (they are meant to have a bit of an unfinished look but you can't really tell in the pics). There are heavy duty magnets attached to the back and rings attached to the top. So you can either hang it, set in on a ledge, or put it on the fridge. On the rack is their last name and hanging from that are the names of the family hanging vertically. (Josh, Mary, Calli, Brett, Nina, Elvis and Molly - the last two are their pets).

K finally the pics!

On the fridge

On a ledge

Hanging

Close up of magnets and hanging rings

I totally love how my idea in my head came to life and how it turned out!!!
I can't wait to give it to them I hope they love it too!

Pics are gone, sorry!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011 05:31:10 PM by lindsycarranza - Reason: pics are gone, please delete » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
tcha345
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008 07:56:59 PM »

Anything with Scrabble tiles is awesome in my eyes! I think they'll love it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm awesome. Smiley

I have vintage yarn that I would like to give to someone! Please send a message if you'd like to obtain it.  I have lots!
cedarwaxwing
P is for Prue trampled flat in a brawl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008 08:21:05 PM »

Wow, this is so cool. I bet they will absolutely love it. What a great gift. Hitting 'this rocks'
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MrsLewis907
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008 08:33:09 PM »

That is so awesome! That is such a great idea and it turned out wonderfully!! Smiley I'm rocking this too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008 09:06:17 PM »

Oh thanks ladies!!! This was a lot of fun to make!
There are SO many things you can do with Scrabble letters -  I love it Smiley

I need to get some more Scrabble sets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
staciart

Old, but not rotten...yet.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008 09:38:05 PM »

ROCKED IT!!!  This is sooooooo creative and unique and they are going to love it!  I predict that this will be the BEST going-away gifty they get and will ever get!

I can't imagine how touched they're going to feel that you put so much thought, creativity, love and work into this and it is only for them!

*sigh*  I want to steal this idea, but I don't know anyone to give it to.  Smiley  Yer awesome girl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008 09:42:07 PM »

ROCKED IT!!!  This is sooooooo creative and unique and they are going to love it!  I predict that this will be the BEST going-away gifty they get and will ever get!

I can't imagine how touched they're going to feel that you put so much thought, creativity, love and work into this and it is only for them!

*sigh*  I want to steal this idea, but I don't know anyone to give it to.  Smiley  Yer awesome girl.

Oh thank you so much!! I can barely wait until tomorrow to give it to them!
I thought about making one for my husband and I but I think it would look a bit silly with just two names Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008 09:51:18 PM »

That is SO clever!

I was kind of bummed because I think that would be cute for some people I know - but nobody I know uses the same last name as their SIGOT.  But, it occurs to me it could say "Welcome" or some such thing at the top instead of a last name.

Oh goody, one more thing to add to my list of crafts to do "some day".  (Boy that "some day" is going to be a very busy time.)

(And I agree about loving most anything made with Scrabble tiles)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008 09:59:47 PM »

That is SO clever!

I was kind of bummed because I think that would be cute for some people I know - but nobody I know uses the same last name as their SIGOT.  But, it occurs to me it could say "Welcome" or some such thing at the top instead of a last name.

Oh goody, one more thing to add to my list of crafts to do "some day".  (Boy that "some day" is going to be a very busy time.)

(And I agree about loving most anything made with Scrabble tiles)

I think Welcome would work wonderfully!

Ya my "someday" is pretty booked too LOL

Thanks for your comment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pharmgirl
Handmaker of all things!

I like makin' stuff. :)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008 10:28:57 PM »

This is really cool.  This looks like a hip and cool craft that would be on HGTV's Creative Juice.  I used to clean houses.  I cleaned two a day, five days a week.  I fell in love with a few of my families, too.  It is hard work, my back can testify to that. But the reward of helping people get clean and organized is a great feeling.

I like your name hanging and I'm sure you will get lots of hugs and maybe a few tears, because they will LOVE IT!  I'm sure they are going to miss you, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Reuse Soda Tabs
How to Crochet an iPad Case
How to Arrange a Nativity Scene
How to Build a Bookcase
How to Build a Bunk Bed
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...