A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: After 10 years of knitting abstinence...  (Read 1117 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kachoo
« on: March 27, 2008 07:00:27 PM »

... I may present you SOCKS....
The last pair of socks I made when I was 12 and stuck in Home Ed so I kind of got forced...cause back then I thought knitting isn't cool at all...but times change and these were actually really fun to make (cause I choose to make them).
A big Thank you goes to knittinfiasco for helping me out with turning the heel and for showing me the cool website (knittinghelp.com)...
The pattern for the Socks is called 'Little Guys' and is in the book 'Knit Socks!' by Betsy Lee McCarthy. I didn't use the furry yarn for the top part though.
I used Bernat Softee Baby in 'Candy Baby' and I made both socks at the same time on two sets of DPN to avoid the scary second sock syndrome...

Last but not Least, the socks...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the goal to arrive safe and sound in an attractive and well preserved body but rather skit in sideways, Chardonnay in one and Strawberries in the other hand, the body completely wrecked and used and at the same time cheering… WOW, what a ride…
Ace007
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008 07:07:13 PM »

Great Job!!    i really like the yarn you used
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftykatt

Geek knitter <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008 07:08:42 PM »

Wow! Well done you. I've never made socks, I'm too scared of the heels Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sierrabird
What are you looking at??

You crack me out!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008 07:16:23 PM »

I love them. The yarn is so bright and cheerfull!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kachoo
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008 07:21:47 PM »

Thank you Guys...
@ Craftykatt : don't be afraid of heels or turning it or anything it's really easy once you see how it's done, knittinghelp.com did the trick for me, there are a lot of videos...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the goal to arrive safe and sound in an attractive and well preserved body but rather skit in sideways, Chardonnay in one and Strawberries in the other hand, the body completely wrecked and used and at the same time cheering… WOW, what a ride…
beckey23
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008 10:11:14 PM »

Your socks are so adorable!!! I have yet to find a baby sock pattern that I like, I may have to check that book out.
CraftyKatt: I was scared of the heels too, but now they are my favorite part. Just give it a try, you may like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."
stitch and stones
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008 12:24:59 AM »

They're so cute, they make me happy inside. I, too, am afraid of heels. One day though, one day...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap hungry- send me a yummy PM.

http://www.pinterest.com/amberburrr/

although imperfect, love is real, and it is balled up next to you smiling and rubbing sleep from its eyes. -the raintree
phoebefayre
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008 09:04:06 AM »

Your socks are so adorable!!! I have yet to find a baby sock pattern that I like, I may have to check that book out.

Agreed. I have had the hardest time finding an appealing (read: appealing and free) toddler sock pattern.

Kachoo: These socks are so cute. Love the colors, too. They look a little like the Thuja socks modified for a baby...which I've actually considered doing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That IS fresh to death.
El blog
rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008 09:08:08 AM »

They are cute.

10 years, damn!!!! I start having hives after a week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kachoo
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008 11:55:19 AM »

@phoebefayre: why don't you go to a library and check their knitting books, if you find something you like you can always make a copy and it's free Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make the Perfect Potato and Aubergine Bhaji
How to Savour A Delicious Sushi
How to Cook Chicken with Ginger and Spring Onion
How to Cook Kung Pao
How to Cook Homemade Sashimi Using Crab and Sea Bream
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...