A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,069
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help on a jacket...  (Read 1252 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sdelnegro514
« on: March 27, 2008 05:15:17 PM »

I really don't know if this is in the right spot, so sorry if it's not. I haven't really posted on here.  There is a jacket I want to make that I saw one of the guys of My Chemical Romance wearing.  Here's two pictures of it:

Hope they work. The thing is, I can't find a pattern even close to it and also because the zipper goes off on an angle.  Could someone help figure something out? Haha thanks everyone!
~Shannon
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010 02:05:50 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dancemonger
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008 11:22:12 PM »

Hmmmm.  All I can think of is to look for a double-breasted military or motorcycle jacket pattern with epaulets and adapt it for the angled zipper?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.
P. G. Wodehouse
xbrokenabyss
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008 02:52:06 PM »

That's a motocycle jacket, or something like that. Here's a tutorial on how to make it: http://community.livejournal.com/t_shirt_surgery/4120364.html#cutid1

Good luck!
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."   Abraham Lincoln
sweet_apple_pie
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008 03:04:03 PM »

it reminds me of this one http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V2973.htm?search=jacket&page=11

you can easily manipulate the collar and add zipper pockets, but it has the main structure of a jacket and a side zipper
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sdelnegro514
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008 04:34:27 PM »

Wow thanks guys! I'm not sure which I'm going to do. My mom and grandma are going to be helping me on this because I just took a sewing class in school this year for first semester elective. Thanks and I'll definately will post progress, when I actually accomplish anything. Haha. If anyone else has ideas, please post them. I appreciate it all!
Shannon Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mindyyy
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008 05:51:46 PM »

punkrockdomestics.com has a great tutorial for this.

I suggest drafting it on muslin or some old t-shirts before actually going into your good fabric.

It's surprisingly simple once you figure out the main shapes. I'm still having trouble with the upper collar size, however. GOOD LUCK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imokaynow
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008 04:45:53 PM »

I'm coming into this a bit late but I have made that Vogue pattern and it is great and the next one I make is going to be heavily modified to be a lot more like Frank's (my whole reason for making it also). There is also a Hot Patterns pattern for a similar jacket http://www.hotpatternsstore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HP&Product_Code=vhp_bbj&Category_Code=ja Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Holiday Specials Now Listed!  http://smerchant.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Lemon and Egg White Mask For Acne
Red Carpet Beauty Secrets Revealed
The Bubble Fantasy Nail You Can Do at Home
Tips For Fall Nails, Makeup and Fashion
Christie Brinkley Shares Her Beauty Secret
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...