A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
765 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY tailor's dummy  (Read 31325 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2005 06:50:57 PM »

HEY THERE Y'ALL!

heres to makin dressforms!!! 

DRESSFORMS ARE ROCKIN'!

thats my rockin friend heather as we made her dressform...ain't she a doll!!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amandatory
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2005 10:26:25 PM »

I have been trying to figure out a way to make my own dummy instead of buying one. This is great!! That video was really good. I am going to have my room mate wrap me up this week- he might be more excited than I am. The boobs worry me though, I have a really small chest and I think it will be a challenge to define my boobs with duct tape.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mojojojo
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2005 03:34:12 AM »

Wow! This is super helpful, thanks. I get so sick of dressing and undressing to see if things fit as I construct them. Now must waylay my mother into wrapping me up in tape..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scratch my name on your arm with a fountain pen, this means you really love me
cammieD793
Craftster!

PINK!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2005 08:39:55 AM »

hey so i cant get duck tape for a good price its all like 10 yards at the 1$ stor so thanks for the vid it helps me know what to do 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I yay me!
Era Vera
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2005 09:53:35 PM »

right, so i made one of these a while ago, using the masking tape and saran wrap method. it worked pretty well, except i didnt really get enough layes and when i was stuffing it, it got all deformed. especially where i taped it up the back. so i want to try that paper tape stuff, but when i looked for it, i couldnt find it. anyone got any tips?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://eravera.blogspot.com/ <-rarely updated crafting blog
http://modaveloce.blogspot.com/ <-fashion-y blog with some diy and photography/art stuff
le vikki
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2005 05:11:50 PM »

on a shoemaking note, i made a "last" of my feet today out of duct-tape. it worked well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Montecore
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2005 07:29:37 PM »

I can't thank you enough for this thread!  I almost spent $50 on an UNAJUSTABLE figure.  I can't wait to try this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eropunkish

gimme gimme that thing called love

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2005 09:13:05 PM »

Has anyone tried just using paper mache?  When I was younger I had a project where you covered a balloon in paper mache, then popped the balloon to make a pinata.  If you put on a crapload of layers, it becomes very stiff.  So I think you might be able to do away with the wire, and just use the paper mache and then stuff it...I will try eventually and post my results!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vintage vixens, traveling the line
swirling words across a page, if you would have it

wist - - >  http://www.wists.com/seabass_sews
fabricfightsfire
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2005 01:30:44 PM »

These are sooo cool! I love duct tape, and purses and wallets are ok, but a dressform is a great idea. I din't want otspend a lot on one that was not even my exact size, so this is just....... oh ilove you for posting this!!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
miffy
« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2005 02:13:53 PM »

Has anyone tried just using paper mache?  When I was younger I had a project where you covered a balloon in paper mache, then popped the balloon to make a pinata.  If you put on a crapload of layers, it becomes very stiff.  So I think you might be able to do away with the wire, and just use the paper mache and then stuff it...I will try eventually and post my results!

Actually... I'm thinking that paper mache would work really well. Though... you would have to find a way to make it REALLY sturdy, but a lot of people I know that have had children recently recorded their monthly "tummy growth" by paper mache-ing molds of their stomachs. Don't see why you couldn't do your whole torso, not just your tummy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Apostle Book Trailer
Stephen Hunter Talks About Dead Zero
Joseph Maroon Explains the Correct Dosage for Resveratrol
Meet Author Matthew Reilly
Liza Marklund Talks About Writing Crime Novels
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...