A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 309,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial Pg 3: Kid's Purse, Crayon Roll & Doll Blanket (Lots Pics)  (Read 55621 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Astrodoll
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008 09:49:19 AM »

I wish your daughter had come to my bdays when I was younger Wink That is the cutest little set!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetdandies
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008 11:28:14 AM »

This is a great creative gift. I'm going to have to make some crayon rolls for my little cousins. In my opinion, doll blankets go over really well with little girls. My little cousin loved hers!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly!!

Buy Handmade
www.sweetdandies.etsy.com

www.wists.com/sweetdandies
SewFixated
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008 04:34:57 PM »

You are very talented and I love the wrapping paper blanket idea, so cute!

You should join the kid swap-
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=234166.0

That swap sounds really fun.  I would have made this exact gift for that swap.  Unfortunately the sign-ups end long before my one month anniversary, which is April 20.  I have seen several swaps that I would have joined but oh well.  April 20th shall come one day! 

I hope to be able to make a tutorial later this week if all goes well in my household.

When we went to church today we saw the little girl who received the gift.  She had her purse and crayon roll and looked very pleased.  The gift was a big hit at the party.  (I spent the least amount of money on my gift, it was all part of my stash.)  It feels good, to me, to make a gift for someone that they will really like and hopefully keep forever.  IMO it's much better than another Elmo that talks and moves. Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008 04:53:43 PM by SewFixated » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

My Wists
psoupdesigns
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008 06:26:07 PM »

i agree, store bought stuff is not as much fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kyraji
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008 08:44:38 PM »

Wow, that's so colorful! I love the little details you put into the design. And hah, that crayon roll looks like it must've been fun to make.

Love that dragonfly fabric, love love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Animal Crossing Wild World Crafting addict :3
JennasMommy
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008 05:42:39 AM »

Great job on everything! I have the same crayon roll tutorial saved on my computer for when DD (15 months) is old enough to color. I rather give( and recieve) a homemade gift over a store bought one anytime! Keep up the great work!1

Mary
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrsc
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008 01:26:36 PM »

I love this bag! It is soooo cute and a great gift idea. I'm really liking the crayon cozie. Great first post.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008 01:28:33 PM by mrsc » THIS ROCKS   Logged

And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands...Exodus 35:25
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
http://gollyholly.etsy.com
yonorris14
I love to hear my sewing machine hummmm

Inherited the crafting curse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008 05:50:31 AM »

what a sweet idea!  i love when my kids receive handmade, PRACTICAL gifts that they'll use and reflect their personality.  i hope she enjoyed the gift you made her!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Inspiration exists, it just has to find you working." - Picasso

www.abernathycrafts.com
thrueyessoma
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008 01:18:28 PM »

i am IN LOVE with this!!! i am going to try to make these for my little nieces who both LOVE purses and would DIE and go to heaven if they had one of these, especially my niece whose name starts with A and would probably turn into an "i want i want i want!!!" monster if she saw these pictures!

this is brilliant, you did such a beautiful, wonderful, fantastic, amazing job. (i could go on with the words but i'll leave it at that).

do you happen to have a tutorial for any part of this project? or are you planning on making one? the little girls and myself would be eternally grateful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewFixated
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008 12:45:18 AM »

i am IN LOVE with this!!! i am going to try to make these for my little nieces who both LOVE purses and would DIE and go to heaven if they had one of these, especially my niece whose name starts with A and would probably turn into an "i want i want i want!!!" monster if she saw these pictures!

this is brilliant, you did such a beautiful, wonderful, fantastic, amazing job. (i could go on with the words but i'll leave it at that).

do you happen to have a tutorial for any part of this project? or are you planning on making one? the little girls and myself would be eternally grateful!!

This week was hectic for me but it's almost over.  I should have some time tomorrow to make a tutorial.  I have to make a gift for a little cousin's birthday party anyway. 

Thank you for all your kind words.   I do love the colorful dragonfly fabric and the crayon roll tutorial that I used was excellent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

My Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Blow Dry Layered Hair
How to Blow Dry Long Hair
How to Blow Dry Thick Hair
How to Blow Dry Thin and Delicate Hair
How to Blow Dry Hair Straight
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Solar Light Garden Mushroom

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...