A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,168
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Storage room to Craftroom! (img heavy!)  (Read 2716 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_room  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tavernkitty
Amigo of the Catigos

Woot!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 12, 2009 04:58:34 PM »

Okay, we bought our house this June. EVERY room was white. Having lived in apartments, and dorms now for the past seven years I hate white. We actually painted every room in the whole house within two weeks of moving in. Our craftroom color = candy apple green.  However we seemed to have aquired more stuff then we know what to do with considering we lack closet space and the only storage space we have is in the 'attic' which is only accessible through a tiny little square in the ceiling of our closet. (We have yet to even look up there.) So sadly the designated craft room became the storage room and we just kept piling things up in there. Heres some before pictures-

When you open the door you used to see this!

We finally went nuts because we started putting our crafting stuff into the library room. -_-

Enough was enough, so we dropped everything that we were doing, went to target and got a 25 shoe cubby and came back. Some elbow grease, some thought, and a little inspiration we managed to clean out and put away about six bins worth of craft and find homes for the none craft items elsewhere! Although we're still working on the library room.

My lovie fixed up the broken computer desk so that we would finally have a sewing table! (Labyrinth + manga collection = <3 and inspiration!) The blankets and stuffed animals hide our holiday storage bins.

Shoe cubby into yarn rack! (theres yarn behind yarn, we still have more but theres no more room for it in the cubby, Im going out and buying another one or conning my dad into making me one.) And our fabric stash finally can be in one place!

We're happy with the outcome. Now we just need to organize the rest of the house. >.<
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009 05:01:42 PM by tavernkitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my Wist
dannispring240
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009 05:12:25 PM »

Ooo I spot a Luna! ^_^

Great work with the room! I love the shoe cubby idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very sorry to anyone wishing to look at the pictures that I have previously posted. Photobucket deleted my account without warning.  :/

wist: http://wists.com/dannispring240
etsy: http://stumpcrafts.etsy.com
Granite_turtle

Granite? Yes as in tombstones...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009 05:27:52 PM »

Where did you get that particular shoe cubby?  It's so compact!  I love how colourful it all is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

After checking out Regretsy I'm pretty sure I could sell my stuff on Etsy.
tavernkitty
Amigo of the Catigos

Woot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009 09:47:54 PM »

Where did you get that particular shoe cubby?  It's so compact!  I love how colourful it all is!

Target. We actually also found that cute pink owl there too for 1.99. It says its supposed to be a place mat but we like it better hanging on the wall. lol. They had the 25 box shoe cubby on sale for 39.99. Not that big of a deal but I think we really needed something like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my Wist
skankamaggot
It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009 10:33:46 PM »

I love the transformation!  All your yarn looks so organized!  My guy and I bought our first house in September and we painted all of our rooms before we even moved in, I just can't stand white walls anymore either.  I LOVE that green color, it would be perfect for my bathroom I might eventually repaint.

One tip though - EXPLORE THAT ATTIC! At least go halfway up a ladder with a flashlight and see if there's anything up there.  I was terrified to go in my attic, it's a small hole over the garage but my cats always stare at the ceiling in there and make strange noises at it so it kinda freaks me out.  However, I finally pulled down the steps and went halfway up and right near the opening there was a bunch of stuff, including a box of about a dozen UNOPENED ACTION FIGURES from the early 90's!  There was also bags and bags of Christmas stuff (good stuff!) and some other junk.  The killer is, the previous owners repaired the attic stairs before we closed so they totally knew it was all there, you could see it as soon as you opened pulled the steps down.  Total bonus so now I don't feel bad about selling them on ebay  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

witchytree
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009 10:23:40 AM »

I love the green walls!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't make me release the flying monkeys.
Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009 10:40:06 AM »

Love what you've done.  It looks like a fantastic place to get creative.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lorchick
Obsessive Compulsive

; p

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009 10:32:47 AM »

I love the shoe cubby idea! I'm going to have to go get one. I could stuff yarn in it like you... or I could probably stick in random fabric... or just lots of little labelled buckets of this and that!!! <3 <3 <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have sixtybillion more ideas than actual completed projects. Blog stalker, fast talker, slow walker!
I am lorchick of ON{thelaundry}LINE blog.
Smell the flowers, kill the bugs, laugh at your mistakes, and hide the laundry! Cheesy
Jewel Crafts by Jenn
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012 10:51:21 AM »

That is a fantastic green color! We are getting ready to move into an apartment and I'm afraid that with our budget, we will not be able to get one big enough for me to have my own craft room, so I will have to make do with crafting in the corner of the computer room!   I would love to have an entire room that is all mine! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Select the Right Calligraphy Set
How to Create a Cartoon Rabbit
How to Create a Cartoon Duck
How to Design a Cartoon Dinosaur
How to Design a Cartoon Giraffe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...