A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,763
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: yay! my first post! three purses! (lots of pictures)  (Read 2969 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Awesome Monkey
« on: March 27, 2008 10:13:15 AM »

wow i used a lot of exclamation points there...oh well, i am pretty excited. So i was a little nervous about my first post showing my creations because i just like to look around this site for ideas, but i don't think my stuff is as great as the amazing things other people post, but nonetheless, i am posting

i made this one using the tinafish tutorial http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=35575.0 for a slouchy hobo bag, but i made it deeper (actually that was on accident but i liked how it turned out). it was a denim fabric with cherries on it that i got from the remnants rack at joanns for 64 cents a few years ago, i thought it was a great deal =]

close up of the hurley patch i sewed on and the cherries on fabric

this is my new guitar bag that i made using mewyam's tutorial http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=210511.0. mine came out way too small but it fits my wallet and phone and stuff, so i like using it. i made a lot of mistakes on it but i made it from some old capris, pants, karate gi, and purse that i saved from the yard sale stuff in the garage so it cost nothing to make =]

it also has a really cool zippered pocket inside that i forgot to take a picture of...

and last but not least my new gusset bag from this tutorial http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=95787.0...which was very frustrating to make because my sewing machine wouldn't cooperate, but i like the outcome. next time i think i will use some thicker interfacing because it doesn't hold its shape too well...

close up of the giraffe that i made myself  Grin

sorry for the many pictures but i was pretty proud of these three bags...let me know what you think. i'll appreciate some constructive criticism too.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2008 08:41:25 PM by Awesome Monkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged
perrywinkle
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008 10:50:32 AM »

i love your bags and your giraffe is so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JennasMommy
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008 11:22:59 AM »

Wow awesome bags. They are all nice, but the homemade giraffe is my favorite! How did you mark his face and spots? Doesn't look like brown felt. Just to let you know I too felt (and still do at times) intimidated when I first found craftster a few months ago, right around the time I started sewing. But then I realized we all have to start somewhere. Can't expect my projects(mostly purses,bags and clothes) to as perfect as some that have been sewing for years. Anyway you really did a great job, give yourself a pat on the back Wink

Mary
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Awesome Monkey
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008 11:26:04 AM »

Wow awesome bags. They are all nice, but the homemade giraffe is my favorite! How did you mark his face and spots? Doesn't look like brown felt. Just to let you know I too felt (and still do at times) intimidated when I first found craftster a few months ago, right around the time I started sewing. But then I realized we all have to start somewhere. Can't expect my projects(mostly purses,bags and clothes) to as perfect as some that have been sewing for years. Anyway you really did a great job, give yourself a pat on the back Wink

Mary

thank you so much. i made the face by just sewing little lines and somehow it turned out like i wanted it to and the spots were brown felt that handsewed onto the giraffe body
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roolen1
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008 12:19:32 PM »

really cool!!! great job! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008 12:39:13 PM »

I think they turned out great (but I can't sew)!!
I love the guitar purse and I particularly loved your sweet little giraffe!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
peachtastic
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008 08:58:03 AM »

all of those are great, but i have to say my favorite is the guitar  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008 09:01:12 AM »

guitar bag  rocks!!!

the  cherries  bag is cool did  you use a pattern?

and teh girraffe is darling.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008 09:02:48 AM by jloveg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
Awesome Monkey
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008 08:26:52 PM »

guitar bag  rocks!!!

thank you! and for the cherries bag, i just kinda drew out my pattern based on the tinafish tutorial, but i didn't have enough material so i didn't cut it out as wide as it should have been so it came out deeper, but i still like how it came out =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008 08:07:07 AM »

guitar bag  rocks!!!

thank you! and for the cherries bag, i just kinda drew out my pattern based on the tinafish tutorial, but i didn't have enough material so i didn't cut it out as wide as it should have been so it came out deeper, but i still like how it came out =]

yes the  out come is great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Match Coarse Textured Hair with a Square Face
How Style Straight Hair for a Heart Shaped Face
How to Style Hair for an Oval Face
How to Cut Curly Hair for a Round Face
Perfect Haircut For My Face: Trish Fermin - Oval Face Straight Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...