A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,805
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My bedroom needs a change! Help! UPDATED PICS Pg 2  (Read 1672 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LTR450GirlOrl
« on: March 27, 2008 06:39:47 AM »

Well, I love my room, but I'm really needing to change it up a little. It's looked the same for about the last 4 years, lol. I definately need something more, lol. My room is long and narrow so as far as I know, the furniture really cant move around too much I dont think. I am planning on removing the little shelves by my computer desk and possibly removing the white table with lamp next to my dresser. I love that table so I wont be getting rid of it, just moving it to the attic most likely, lol. Dont mind the sewing machine - its new and lets just say its not being cooperative, lol. Anyway, I'd like to keep the yellow walls, but I've also been thinking of painting them something different - ahh I'm so confused, lol. As you can tell I love bright colors and 4wheeling, lol. Below are a bunch of pics - I was trying to be sure you could tell how the room is layed out. I'd love to hear any suggestions.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2008 08:54:13 AM by LTR450GirlOrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not a real sport unless you can die from massive internal injuries.

http://i31.tinypic.com/14uja81.gif
Linda P
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008 07:55:18 AM »

Can you put the bed where the desk is now?  If it will just fit in either direction, you could put a ton of pillows on it, and make it look like a day bed or a couch...
Linda P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SkitzoLeezra
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008 10:05:10 AM »

Can you put the bed where the desk is now?  If it will just fit in either direction, you could put a ton of pillows on it, and make it look like a day bed or a couch...
Linda P

Aw, shucks, Linda P done stole my thought!
Flip that whole room!  Bed where the desk is. 
LONG wall-to-wall table where the bed is, place computer and sewing machine there.  (You can make long table out of inexpensive hollow core doors or just use those long folding tables.)
Dog bed underneath. 
Make a fabric skirt to attach to front of table with Velcro.  Coordinate with existing fabrics and colors.  Sew a little button detail to reveal the dog bed area.   
Whatever you use on the fabric skirt, add that to bottom of green curtains to lengthen.  Purchase curtain rod that projects from the wall a bit more. 
The 2 ceiling fans are different so consider painting the fan blades of the darker one.  How about a giant fabric covered bulletin board near proposed new bed location?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LTR450GirlOrl
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008 11:31:35 AM »

I actually used to have my other bed over where the desk is, lol. It was only a twin, but my full size will fit - barely, lol. I love the idea of a long desk on the other wall - a folding table would have to be the way though because all of my walls (Other then the side of the room the door and closet are) are concrete block, lol. Putting those two little shelves the tv and fish tank are sitting on were an act of God, lol. I'm going to have to rearrange my room again this weekend and see how I like the look of that Smiley As for sewing, I havent even attempted it yet, lol - I'm having a time just getting the darn thread to catch - hopefully I'll conquer that this weekend as well, lol... I'm crafty, but I've never sewn before, lol. I'm debating too if I need try a new color scheme - I just bought the green curtains which I LOVE - and I'm somewhat playing with the idea of painting my long wall a light orange (almost like the color of sherbert)... so many ideas... so little time and $$$ haha Wink Thank you so much for helping me out!! The more creative idea the better IMO Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SkitzoLeezra
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008 12:33:38 PM »

I'm going to have to rearrange my room again this weekend and see how I like the look of that

PLEASE post photos if you change something!

As for sewing, I havent even attempted it yet, lol - I'm having a time just getting the darn thread to catch

THIS is the place to resolve your sewing questions.  Craftster folks know everything about sewing machine issues.  Post your question before spending hours on it.  And when you sew your table skirt, what a great way to learn, it is all straight stitching!

Keep the green curtains, just add to them. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

demekah

Just Being Creative..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008 01:07:12 PM »

I saw you have a lot of white wall left at the side of your desk. Maybe you should make yellow circles in the same color of the wall come out of the wall like this:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just Being Creative..
LTR450GirlOrl
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008 01:38:34 PM »

That looks really cool Demekah! What program did you use to do that if you dont mind me asking? I have a few graphics programs at home and didnt even think to use them for ideas, lol. I will definately post pics if/when I start changing things up. AS for the sewing machine, I just havent had the time to mess with yet, my weekdays are so busy, lol. It doesnt seem like a big issue, just trying to get the needle to catch the bottom thread (wouldnt think that would be so hard, haha)... I'll definately post the question on a sewing board too Wink thanks again you guys!! Looks like I may have my weekend cut out for me already, lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

demekah

Just Being Creative..

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008 01:54:31 PM »

I used Sketch-up. You can download it at http://www.sketchup.com/ for free. At http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse you can find all kinds of furniture to put in your 3D image.

Do you let us see some pictures of how it turned out? Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just Being Creative..
supermedic
SUPERMEDIC

Live Love Laugh But Laugh the Most

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008 08:08:38 PM »

what you can do if you are worried about spending alot of money on paint since you like the yellow is get a feather duster (the old kind feather duster with feathers and not those long feathery sticks) and with very very little paint you can add design to the walls--you could put yellow and green (like the curtains)on the white wall or green and white on the yellow wall or whatever way works for you.  I did this on the walls in my computer/craft/sewing room and everyone loves it.  The design comes out sooo cool--

I dug up a pic of my wall so you could kinda get an idea what it looks like.  these were plain white walls and with just the paint on the lid of the can we did the whole entire room in about 20 minutes.  Very simple.  I have also had friends copy it and use more than one color and get a really cute look to.  and you control how much of each color there is.  If you want i can tell you how to do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LTR450GirlOrl
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008 04:26:38 AM »

Thanks for reminding me about the feather duster idea! I did that in one of my old rooms when I was a kid - I'll definately think about doing that again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Project Cain Book Trailer
Geoffrey Girard Explains Cain’s Blood
Christopher Rice: What Are You Reading?
Colleen Hoover: What Are You Reading?
Architect’s Suburban Home Haven For City Artists
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...