A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
691 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Going Green Swap Gallery!!  (Read 15096 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rosesanplacebos
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2008 12:57:23 AM »

Wow, great gallery guys! Looks like it was/is a lot of fun!
Hope you do it again, I'd love to join in the fun!
I really really really love that tarp bag a few pages back! What a wonderful idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shade of Shadow
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2008 01:31:41 PM »

thank you all so much!
I took the bag out on its own. You can find him here and praise me into heaven: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=240457.0

So we can keep this thread clear for all the other goodness and greenness everyone made!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ecstatic
Infected with Icanmakethat

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2008 03:39:07 PM »

Oh my gosh, I just got THE most wonderful package. This is my first swap, and I think my partner has ruined me for all other swap partners! Thank you SO much. I LOVE it all!  Grin

This was from my wists, and I ADORE it. It's on my desk now.

Another view (isn't it amazing?!):

Journal, aptly titled "Reflections":

A whole bag (this is just some of them) of funky buttons that I can't wait to use! And a great nameplate for my desk. Now, I'm a professional.  Cheesy

Finally, candles and reusable bags for shopping. They're so much better than the ones I have, as they have LOTS of room on the bottom:

There was also a small white parrot toy for my cat, lots of feathers. But, before I could take a photo, my cat stole it! Obviously, that was a hit. If I can get it back, I'll post a pic. Thanks so much, again. This was such a wonderful introduction to swapping! I hope you like everything I sent equally as much.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never lose a holy curiosity. - Einstein
http://www.wists.com/ecstatic
Cabin Fever
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2008 04:24:56 PM »

I love that magazine bowl!  I figured if I tried to make that it would take me months, so I didn't even try!  Nice package of goodies you got!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2008 04:49:26 PM »

Magazine bowls are not hard to make, just verrry time consuming.  It does look pretty cool, though. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--20/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
Recovering from surgery and crafting again!!!
Kaissa
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2008 06:13:24 PM »

wow, that magazine bowl is beautiful! That was one of the things i tried to make...that ended badly  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goodnorevil

First name: Neither

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2008 06:17:13 PM »

Love the magazine bowl, love everything! Good work, chicas!

Can't wait for psyche to get her package, and for mine to arrive...... magic mail fairy, do your stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Science is crafty too.

http://www.wists.com/goodnorevil
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2008 02:17:23 PM »

Skellerz and I have both gotten our packages, and I am sooo happy! First, here is the awesome package I got from her.

A wonderful knit shopping bag that is sturdy, but stretches really far. It is in awesome colors, too. New fave shopping bag! I also got armwarmers that fit me perfectly. I mean PERFECT. I'm glad it's still cold on and off here, so I can wear them without looking too dorky. Although I will wear them a bit this summer, too. Number three is a wonderful headband (that I need an action shot of). It is in a super pretty blue, and I will be wearing it to work a lot. I also need to get a better picture of the details in the headband. I don't know what the pattern is called, but it is so pretty. The extras are a knitted dish scrubber and 2 zines she made. Overall, a VERY sweet package, I am thrilled.

Now what I made for her. First, a rug out of an old wool sweater and fabric that was saved from the incineration pile of a clothing factory. I hoped it would help keep her warm at her new dorm this fall. And the cover comes off so it can be washed without felting the lining.

Cloth pads, pantyliners and a vinyl bag. All out of stash fabric. First time making them, so I hope they work okay...

Here's the whole package with a thingy for picking up hot bowls out of the microwave, a few dorm-friendly recipies and a lavender and rice filled eye pillow.

Proof positive that swapping rocks! Seriously, when she gets feedback, I am voting for "awesome!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordp ress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
Skellerz
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2008 07:09:17 PM »

*blush* I'm SO glad you like it, and I'm SO relieved that the armwarmers fit!
The headband pattern is "Larkspur Headband," you can find it on ravelry, I believe, and the bag is an adaptation of MagKnit's Saturday Market Bag (pretty much the only thing from there I used is the lace background stitch though).
The armwarmers were totally improvised, but I'm glad they worked out (my arm measurements are very similar to the ones she gave me, so they were done by ear, so to speak).

The pads are fantastic, and saved me about $40 in overdraft fees, as for some reason my direct deposit is not working *glares at bank*.  The eye pillow is awesome!  The dustier green in the rug goes PERFECT with my bedspread for the dorm, and I'm making that banana bread sometime this weekend ^.^

Stellato was an AMAZING partner, period, let alone for a first time swapper like myself.

Hope you enjoy the zines!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shade of Shadow
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2008 01:23:47 AM »

I RECEIVEDD!!

Thank you so much Littlegreengirl for your lovely package!

First Green suprise: I received the box I sent to her. Makes me think of Amelie with the gnome travelling the world. Well I have a cardboard box travelling the planet now!

He got here a little bumped and bruised.

Check the little button on a string owww!

It all came in this amazing oxfam bag!

Really cute bowl made out of a vinyl fromTygers of Pan Tang. Now I really have to search for the music belonging to it.

Adorable knitted/crochetted baggy! Modelled by my lovely assistant Smiley

Cute T with butterfly on (really out of) it.

I am in love with this scarf made from recycled sari silk! Totally me and my colours!

Q sais "Mwiank yauouwww!"

She's going wild with the little mouse you knitted her!

Thanks again Littlebluegirl, I love it all!!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008 01:27:41 AM by Lunastara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Most Comfortable Flat Boots
5 Different Ways To Wear A Denim Shirt
5 Ways to Layer Winter Clothes Like a Pro
Taylor Swift Wears Crimson in Paris
How to Wear Jewel-Toned Leather for Fall
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...