A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,086
Currently Running With Scissors:
544 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show me your craft "room"!!  (Read 45373 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_room  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissMeshell
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2005 03:51:46 PM »

meowari...WOW, now that is some organisation! Grin
Thanks for the tips, and thanks gazicat, i'm going to have a huge cleanout as I have some time off now. I'll stock up on boxes, containers etc. and become organised! haha...no it WILL happen.
Then I will actually enjoy going in the room Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
afeminista
note to self - craft is my essence

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2005 10:18:49 AM »

i must find me those mug-ish bins - ikea you say... i love them... my organizing heart says i must go on a mission!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make you wanna make you need to make you wish
lyrem591
That's Mrs. Daniel Radcliffe to you

you didn't see anything...

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2005 04:56:50 PM »

wow! all your rooms are so great. i just got the idea of a craft room today, a little before i saw this post. my dad always complains that my room's not clean, but i say that i can't put it away cuz it's a work in progress. my brother's in college, and has a really big room so i'm working on making it into a craft room. he'll still be able to sleep in there when he comes home, but i'm gonna have a space for beading and sewing. that's the plan at least. i'll post pictures when i have it worked out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...thrashing around like a pair of eels all over the place..."--Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
BoredYetCynical
durka durka

Hey, Hey, I wanna be a rock star.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2005 09:11:16 PM »

Hi. My name is Linsey and i thought i'd show everyone my craft room. Now, it's a complete and udder mess. So that's why on my next days off and when i get home from work, i'm going to be working on it, aside from cleaning my disaster of an appartment. Now on with the mini tour!

My craft room is a small room once balcony that's at the back of my bedroom. This building was built around the 20's, 30's, or 40's, i'm not too sure, so there were mini balconies off of the back of each apartment. At one point in time a previous owner of the building decided to close up the balconies, creating little extra rooms. Here is the entrance to the room.

Lets go inside.

This right here is the main area when you come into the room. The reason it's so cluttered and unusable i will get too in just a minute. Here's another veiw of it.

Yes, there is a craft table under there somewhere.....

And if you look to the right while standing in the door way...

If you look to the left you'll see this....

Why is that space so empty you ask? Because this use to be in it's spot two days ago...

Mine and my fiance's computer desk and computer. and this..... was the computer chair.....

A big ol' honkin recliner. He refused to use anything other than his beloved recliner. Now that chair is still in that room, because the computer desk is now in the living room and we have a tiny little apartment and a huge monstosity of a couch, so there is no room for the chair. It will stay in that room for the time being. There is a little table that i've started a mosaic on, behind the chair. I'm going to move that little table and move the chair back some more. Now for the reason to why my craft table was unusable. Because the computer table and recliner were in there, my craft stuff was taking over my little space. So i was having to do my crafts in the living room here...

On a little side table next to the couch.

Now that the comp. table is now in the living room, i can expand my craftness. I'm going to butt the back of the table up against the side of the chair so i have room behind me, and the two craft storage units are going to go in that open space where the comp. table use to be. Because the recliner is staying in the room for a while, i can sit in it and do my crocheting (sp?). One of the yellow tall back chairs that my grandmother gave me, is going to serve as a temporary craft chair. I'm not too keen on using them because they've been gouging my hardwood floors. I'm asking for some area rugs to go on my floor for christmas, be cause these floors are a pain to clean, and if they don't get cleaned soon enough, the bottoms of my feet turn black from the dirt. Enough of that, now i'm rambling.... I'll post updated pics when i get the room redecorated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"This is way beyond my remote concern of being condescending"

Baby Sean Born on Nov. 11th 2007
StookeyDough
« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2005 11:04:08 PM »

At 15, my parents are always telling me to get my bedroom/crafting area organized so I can find things.  However, I don't understand it cause when someone needs pipecleaners I can dig up the ones i used in a 2nd grade indian project in two minutes...  i'll take pictures of my surprisingly clean for the moment area soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissMeshell
« Reply #155 on: November 25, 2005 12:58:03 AM »

However, I don't understand it cause when someone needs pipecleaners I can dig up the ones i used in a 2nd grade indian project in two minutes... 

Exactly!!! I know where EVERYTHING in my pigsty of a craftroom is, from that one scrap of a certain fabric to a certain button or so on and so on...

I just don't particuarily enjoy being in there because of all the mess Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2005 07:33:00 AM »

I just don't particuarily enjoy being in there because of all the mess

That is me, if my space is messy I cannot relax and enjoy the area.  I also need some sense of organization or I get stressed out.  But my organization does not look like it to others, and then it looks more organized to some.  So, I guess its all in the eye of the crafter. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2005 11:34:42 AM »

That is me, if my space is messy I cannot relax and enjoy the area.  I also need some sense of organization or I get stressed out.  But my organization does not look like it to others, and then it looks more organized to some.  So, I guess its all in the eye of the crafter. 

I call it organised chaos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
smokingmonkey
« Reply #158 on: November 29, 2005 01:26:39 PM »

Yeah, I can't work in a mess either. I'm a slob so things go downhill, but then I have clean up days like, once a month to get all the clutter out. My memory isn't so good, so I have to do it, otherwise there's a lot of stuff that gets totally forgotten about.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ImaHoundDog
« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2005 08:58:18 AM »

I love this site! These rooms are fantastic, can't wait to have my own craft room soon, One more month, the countdown begins. Great stuff everyone! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sneak Peek: Birchbox February 2014
6 Makeup Tricks Perfect for Date Night
How to Get a Killer Cat Eye
The Right Way to Apply and Wear Red Lipstick
Tips For Avoiding Dry Winter Skin
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...