A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show me your craft "room"!!  (Read 43249 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_room  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tenika
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2005 07:11:21 PM »

My scrap room. Ah, just thinking about it makes my heart go pitter pat. I was a kitchen table crafter girl for over 3 years in our last tiny little house, so when God blessed us with the chance to move into a house that had 4 bedrooms....one of which was on the bottom floor right off the living room [where husband plays his video games] i was overjoyed. What a true blessing that I am still grateful everyday for. Sure, it's got a plastic kitchen in it. Toys are usually littering the ground which adds to the clutter but it's comfortable. All my business things. Right there. Surrounded by my t-shirt creations. It's me.

The walls are painted sunshine yellow & periwinkle blue because those colors make me happy. I have a Flat Eric doll straight from England sitting on my shelving. I have a HUGE poster print of a Sarah Lugg creation because she is one of my FAVORITES. And speaking of favorites, you can't forget the framed Depeche Mode poster Brent surprised me with. I've also got my favorite photos framed & a Beatles poster too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[ Tenika M. ]
Scarlet Beautiful. nifty tees for sale.
http://www.scarletbeautiful.com
wist list
ParanoidEv
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2005 11:14:25 AM »

Most of the time I craft in my own room. The sewing machine/stuff and fabric is in another room.

My crafting section in usually the floor, or my desk. It's usually loaded with crafty stuff!
This is the only good (but old) picture of my UGLY yellow (I HATE yellow) desk.

Desk right now:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Put your hay on the ground and your sexy legs in the air! You have the right to remain wheeking for pellets!
shannon1981
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2005 12:10:05 PM »

I am so inspired by all the craft areas.  I love the idea of putting it in the closet.  I think i'm going to have to redistribute my storage closet goodies and make that my craft area.  I can't wait to get started, you are all so inspiring.  I'll post pictures if I ever get it finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
norsgoebel

the cutest of the 7 deadly sins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2005 12:49:55 PM »

This is my crafting area.  I got one section of the basement when we refinished it a couple of years ago.  I just got new IKEA storage which helped clean it up a bit.  We had an extra cabinet from the brew kitchen that I got as well so the flow of the cabinets carries across to my space.  We also mismeasured for the counter tops and had to buy and cut new so I got a big hunk of the old piece and bought table legs from IKEA and made it a table and that goes along with the other stuff in the room too.  So even though it's kinda a crazy space it matches every thing else in the basement.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take a peek!
http://www.polytypicarts.etsy.com

2 sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm sh*tfaced...N.P.
sugarkitty
so cute it hurts...

so cute it hurts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2005 01:16:02 PM »

FerretNose, I envy that you're able to delegate your space so creatively (and from what it sounds like, beautifully as well). Don't get me wrong, I'm eternally grateful to have such a studio workspace as I do...but everything in it is so...utilitarian, and well...ugly! My table is a door resting on sawhorses for cryin' out loud, hahaha. Granted, my table is 7'x3' and cost a grand total of $50...but it's still ugly. And don't even get me started on my metal utility shelves.  Ah well, I should stop my bitchin'...I'm super lucky to have my own studio. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarkittycorsets.c om ~ sugarstuff.com ~ sugarkitty.etsy.com
lexi
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2005 01:38:31 PM »

click for larger image

It's usually this messy when i'm in the middle of projects. to the right of this is another table w/ my stereo.
that red & black box is my favorite storage piece Smiley it's got 9 drawers. I have another one for paper that's got 3 drawers. They're from Ikea - the FIRA series & i got red & black stain. I painted roman numerals on the 9drawer chest with white acrylic paint.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005 01:52:57 PM by lexi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There is all this untouched beauty / The light the dark both running through me / Is there still redemption for anyone / Jesus come" -Over The Rhine
starlawill
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2005 07:40:05 PM »

such lovely craft rooms everyone!!! and ferretnose, i've gotta give you credit for being so crafty for hiding everything around the house. i feel for ya! living in nyc i've had to deal with the same thing! well, until recently. we finally got a nice big apartment and i've taken over half of our fairly large bedroom:

here's the main area with my nifty desk (christmas present, thank you hubby). it actually folds down to a smaller cabinet thing but i never do that.

my bookshelf with all my reference books, magazines, and then shoeboxes full of things. i'm lucky to have a graphic designer as a hubby so he's constantly getting me lots of awesome stock photo/illustration books to play with!

then on the opposite wall from the desk, my design wall, fabric storage and on top of that, sanctuary for my cat to get away from my puppy

hope the pictures aren't too big!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarkitty
so cute it hurts...

so cute it hurts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2005 07:47:17 PM »

Your pictures are great! Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarkittycorsets.c om ~ sugarstuff.com ~ sugarkitty.etsy.com
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2005 02:41:49 AM »

everyones rooms are given me such great ideas!!! we finally got the floor and baseboards done..we just need to paint them and the door...i cant wait to post pictures of this damn room we've been building now for a few months!!! its soo close to being done...im hoping by this weekend ill be able to move my stuff in and get unpacked...with all the money we've put into this so far, this is my birthday present to myself and from josh... of course he says hes getting me something else...but...im hoping to be able to post pictures this weekend...and the color of the room you ask? haha pink!!!!! i needed something cheery and bright. and a little leopard print here and there!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
DogGrrl
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2005 10:06:33 PM »

I am always amazed at how people organize their crafting spaces.

Here is my craft room (although it rarely looks this tidy!  Grin)

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010 08:40:14 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Louis Vuitton Resort 2014 Collection Revealed
Miley Cyrus Vs. Taylor Swift: Rocker Vs. Chic Fashion
The Vera Wang Dress Code
What To Wear: Chevrons
Sarah Jessica Parker Launching Shoe Collection With Manolo Blahnik
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...