A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,208
Currently Running With Scissors:
358 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show me your craft "room"!!  (Read 43412 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_room  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BRoKeNHeaRTeDLoSeR
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2005 01:28:48 AM »

I needed to move all my craft stuff so i recently cleaned out my closet. I looked at it and thought.. white..? thats very uninspiring and decided it needed to be painted. Well since no one would help me I had to do it myself, which to me being only 14 and only doing few paintstrokes in my life was a big undertaking, but since my mom paints like crazy (fricken awesomely) i knew how. So i guess its time to stop rambling and show the pics.

my table. the sewing machine is on a shelf thing and you can kinda see it.

all my stuff.

and my stars i freehanded (who needs a stencil or tape, i say just wing it. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lamamarco
Lauren :)

sewing IS love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2005 09:18:39 AM »

Ohh I love the color of your room (mine is similar, just a little lighter) and the stars are cool! Smiley
-Lauren
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mllejessy
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2005 03:28:53 PM »

I purposely looked for a 2 bedroom apt so I could have a crafty room.

I don't, however, have a crafty table--just my computer desk, with my mostly useless computer hanging out on the floor around it.

I also need more crafty shelving!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2005 03:00:35 AM »

one step closer to being done!! last night we hung the door that seperates my room and the rest of the garage.. floors, your next!!! eep!! i cant wait to show you guys when its finally done..im so excitied!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
sugarkitty
so cute it hurts...

so cute it hurts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2005 04:24:00 PM »

Finally! My fiance and I just moved - it took me days and days to get my studio together. I am a seamstress by trade, so it's not just my 'craft' room; it's my office, too! The pics are going clockwise around the room...starting with the closet (we removed the doors).

The first view of my fabric stash...

Another view of my ridiculously large fabric collection. These bins are HUGE (24 x 17 x 16) and they are FULL! There are 9 bolts of fabric behind them that you can't see. I sort of have an addiction.  Roll Eyes

Inside the closet. In the back right corner (though you can't see it well) is a rack with about $2,000 worth of steel boning.  Tongue

My beloved sewing table (a hollow core door and two saw horses) with my beloved Brother CS8150 and beloved Huskylock 901. Mmmm, Huskylock.

My jewelry-making table. Not too exciting.

My computer/faxing/printing/scanning/copying/emailing/filing/packaging/phoning/surfing station. Yes, I drink beer when I craft.

My jewelry-making supplies.

The most important shelf of all: My stereo and CD changer. I can't work without music. Just can't. Also, all my patterns, and two more sewing machines. Yes, I have 4 sewing machines.   Undecided

This doesn't even show the basement - where I keep all my packing and shipping supplies. As well as art/craft supplies that I don't use on a regular basis. Sheesh, I have a lot of crap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarkittycorsets.com ~ sugarstuff.com ~ sugarkitty.etsy.com
janetsjunk
Crafty & Artistic Momma

Everything happens for a reason.

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2005 06:39:00 PM »

Okay, here goes.  I was going to take pictures before I cleaned but remembered more than halfway through so you'll just have to see it now...it's almost done.  I've still got a little more sifting to do, organizing and there will be one more banquet table brought up to cut fabric on and such.  I'm pretty lucky because where I work, they were selling these tables for $10 a piece a few years back and the third one we got for free.  I just bought the spool holders last weekend for my birthday, the drawer things are stuffed full of fabric and notions, the tub on the floor is stuffed full of fabric, patterns are stacked like books on the shelves, etc.  The silvery denim looking bag to the right of one of the tables is a bag I just completed (the one with the red stripes).  The lining is Betty Boop.  I will be posting that in the purse section soon.  The other denim bag was one of the first ones I made from a pattern and I use it to tote samples of fabric when someone wants to have one custom made.  The room is about the same size as our two car garage, it's called a bonus room and is on our 2nd level.  I am just using one of the corners.  Enjoy and let me know if you have questions.  Smiley  I'm so excited to get started on something new.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2005 07:14:59 PM by jankeldesigns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mireneh

working like a dog?!?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2005 07:09:53 PM »

Funny, I saw this thread as I was taking a break from getting my craft/living room together.  As soon as I finish - (now that I have more ideas, thanks guys!) I'll take some pics and share.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support your local animal shelters and be a responsible pet owner by spaying or neutering your pet.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is waaaay more than being tired - imagine having the flu every day, quadruple that, and that's me on a good day!  No, I did not stay up too late last night either.....
mayerlove
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2005 07:30:23 PM »

that is super organized. awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
littledoe
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2005 10:24:52 AM »

Sugarkitty, I'm drooling over your space!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FerretNose

Shine on, you crazy diamond...

« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2005 07:03:29 PM »

My craft room is integrated into my decorations. What I mean by that is that there is no space large enough for me to have a craft area, so I got creative. In my living room is a shelf that is decorated with a Geisha doll and other Japanese decorative items. Beside it, I have a huge hatbox with Japanese flower decorations on it. Inside is all my kanzashi making stuff, (because I've gotten hooked on it.) In another part of the room (which is mostly victorian) I have a couple of stacked Victorian style hatboxes which I keep embroidery stuff and decoupage stuff in. There is one of those big pretty gift bags in front of a window, and all my stencil crap is in there. My sewing supplies are in one of those Singer compartmented tins that looks vintage, so it can be in public view. The sewing machine is stored on the bottom of my baker's rack and covered with a huge doily. I have other craft items hidden around the house in pretty tins as well. There are pretty binders stuck here and there among my book shelves with patterns and such in them. For long term storage, I have one of those long flat plastic boxes under my bed and one of those little cardboard chest of drawers in my closet, which also hold my jewelry, makeup,and hair junk. My only problem is remembering where it all is. My round dining room table doubles as my work area. I keep a platic cover on it that's okay to get paint and junk on, but I have a square cloth that goes over it that just hides the top if company's coming. So i just grab up my bag, or hatbox, or tin, or whatever and bring it to the table and get to work. (incedentally, the only decoration on this table is a great big vintage lookin gtin that we keep our daily medications hidden in.)

Man, I envy you folks with their own craft spaces, even if it's just a nook.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wanna trade ATC's!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ferretnose/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Gets Easier and What Gets Harder
What It Means to Be a Strategist
Why a Psychologist Chooses Design Career
Design An Arts Education
Design An Arts Education - HGTV Star Danielle Colding on the Arts
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...