A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show me your craft "room"!!  (Read 43279 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_room  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cowgirl

I get lazy sometimes...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005 08:08:00 PM »

wow! yours are all so organized! mines a tad bit messy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkninky
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005 03:22:27 AM »

instead of having a single room, i almost have a craft townhouse!:

its long enough to be my sewing/cutting/ironing table, please note the precariously leaning tower of fabric!

second table in dining room, this 'overflow' table holds more fabric and notions

one of the upstairs closets. my random crafts have dominated the floor. this is where i keep things that i want to REALLY keep the kitties away from, so here is where you'd find my vinyl, fiberfill, yarn, needles, jingly things!

here's my shelf of little things (in a seperate closet than above). in here, all of my little notions are safe. cut-out vinyl shapes, findings, pin backs, beads, jewelry pliars, stencil stuff and the like.

lastly, my sample closet is located in a third closet upstairs. i have an upholtery fabric sample book, and the bag is filled with vinyl samples  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littledoe
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2005 03:16:45 PM »

This is my first post on craftster!  Here is the table/centre my bf built for me in our computer/hobby room.  I just had to have it hot pink to counteract all the manliness in the room.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
gracella

I hope life isn't one big joke cuz I don't get it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2005 08:21:05 PM »

i have to sleep in my craft room- cuz its my bedroom too! i have a bunch of fabric stuffed into the bottom of my closet, and then some plastic drawers overflowing with yarn. i dream about the day when i can move into my own house and have **my own craft room!**. *sigh*. that'll be the day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Blackdragonfly
Goin out west...going to go craftin again

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005 12:11:57 AM »

My parents remodled their kitchen and were throwing out their old cabnets so I snagged thoes and have them in my crafting loft in my house and I have two desks (one for my two computers and scanner. printer, and plotter) then my boyfriend just finished making me a cutting table (that the fish tank is currently on) *urrg* Sad thing is that I do all my crafting on the living room floor downstairs so I can keep an eye out on my two kiddoes!

-Kate
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think I guled my fingers together again, hate typing with my nose!
Titania
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2005 11:14:39 PM »

My craft room is so disorganised.  I clean it out every now and then and intend to go on with the best of intentions, but it always ends up the same way in a matter of days anyway.  Here are a few pics:

The Desk:

A close up of the current mess on the desk:

An attempt at storage:

Another attempt at keeping things from spilling out everywhere:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sacredheartarts .blogspot.com

www.sacredheartarts .com

~* He does not need opium.  He has the gift of reverie *~ Anais Nin
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2005 11:02:01 AM »

I have to share my craft room with my boyfriend - he has his weight bench in there but I'd rather it not be! It gets in the way. We live in a two bedroom apartment and I'd really love some more colour in my rooms but I have no idea of what I could do. Anyone have any easy apartment ideas? I don't live near and huge stores. The closest Michaels is a 4 hour drive away - that's how small my town is!

Anyway, on with the pictures.

http://www.auriae.org/images/craft/craftroom.jpg ... My half of the room - the two table's and chair I stole from my parents storage and are now mine. Cheesy Yes, that is a box for a Brother Serger that I bought for $10 at a garage sale - and no I haven't tried it yet. I really should though!

http://www.auriae.org/images/craft/craftroom2.jpg ... Another view of my half of the room - and a dart board above my head. >_< The only good thing it's for is holding my crappy lamp so I can have more light to see.

http://www.auriae.org/images/craft/craftroom3.jpg ... The view from the doorway - see that damned weight bench is in the way of my crafting space!

http://www.auriae.org/images/craft/craftroom4.jpg ... The blank wall behind the weight bench. I'd like to add some colour or SOMETHING to that wall to help me be creative but I have no idea what I can do - no paint since I'm in an apartment. Sad

http://www.auriae.org/images/craft/craftroom5.jpg ... The door out, mini wall with his weight charts and part of the sliding closet door where I hide my material and shirts plus all of our other junk.

I wish I had more crafting junk like everyone else does! I have to steal from my mom's stash and soon she'll notice. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
imelda
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2005 02:34:12 PM »

I loving  seeing all of your workspaces!

Im really struggling with how to best organize the little space I have to make books. (NYC apt share situation).   I have a tiny bedroom with a loft bed, which takes up over half of the room. I have to use this space for my office too, since Im a grad student. I cant actually do crafty stuff at my desk, because I cant move around too well under my bed, so I end up dragging my projects to the living room and working on the coffee table. My feet fall asleep too! When Im done then I have to take everything back to my room.

Do any of you have ideas about storing large pieces of paper? I hate keeping them rolled up because they get all curly and dented I have most of it in a large cardboard portfolio, but I have to free space to store it flat. Its also getting harder to find stuff in there. Right now, it is propped up against the wall with a large plastic storage box.

How do you all store projects that youre not finished with?Huh When I had more space, I put them in separate baskets. Now my unfinished books either get tucked away and forgotten about or become clutter that interfears with my crafting, and sometimes get stepped on

Ive been fantasizing about having my very own workroom for all my crafty book arts stuff. Im hooked on the show crafters coast to coast, and the people on the show have such great spaces!

Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dropoffradar

undercover superheroine.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2005 01:53:55 PM »

here is my craft...."area", if thats what you want to call it. its actually in the middle of our upstairs kitchen, (yes, we have 2 kitchens...my house is an old apartment building...) which is generally just our junk room, which i struggle to keep looking half decent. enjoy.

general sewing area...

close up of the basket beside my machine, the pin cusion i cross stiched forever ago, my piles and piles of fabric and uncompleted projects, button can, bracelet loom, and misc. things.

these are the things i derive most of my inspiration from. the needle book was my grandmas, and the vintage books are just plain awesome. if im in a rut, they are sure to help me think of something new.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. i am. i am. i am.

i do personal swaps!

wists
last.fm
rissaroo
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2005 06:44:10 PM »

well i have all my craft stuff in two huge rubbermaid boxes, which means that anytime i do a project crap is all over the place becuase i inevitably need what is in the bottom of the second box i look in... this room also doubles as our office so i paint to the 30-second sound loop of Boyfriend Donny's computer games. The tubes of acrylic paint are in clear shoe boxes, loosely organized by color. I really need to start putting these things in drawers, well, someday maybe. Here is a picture in the messy situation, i was in the middle of doing some picture frames:

you will notice that the sewing machine has a handy spot on a shelf - yeah someday i might actually learn to use it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Rihanna Style
Why Women Hate Strapless Bras
Lawsuit Against Kitson Over Drug Related Apparel
Update Your Fall Wardrobe For Cheap
Zendaya Coleman Teams With NFL For Campaign
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...