A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Perfect Shrug??  (Read 9699 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IslandTurtle
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2005 09:33:54 AM »

I would love a translation of that. Its so beautiful Smiley
All I have are the pictures from their website http://www.ingelise.dk/language.3 but its not big enough for me to see how to make it.

I knit and crochet and would love it if you would send me the translation of that. Please??  Cheesy

-Wendy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bagheraa

I'm not a llama! (I am a black leopard)

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2005 10:17:10 AM »

I'm sorry everyone - I didn't see this thread until now!
Anyway, I'm Norwegian and I happen to have borrowed this exact copy of "Alt om hndarbeide" from the library (I also liked the shrug alot, but even better a sweater from the same copy which I am planning to knit as my first 'grown up size' sweater) .
I don't care too much for this magazine, most of their knitting (and sewing) patterns are very pretty, but the magazine itself is not very well written and until the last couple of months they wouldn't give out the specifications of the yarns. And as their yarns are not to be found anywhere outside Denmark, and not possible to order from the magazine, the patterns were a bit useless. But after much pressure they have started to include the specifications. They still don't list the yarn brands (only the title), so I haven't been able to find the yarns anywhere online. But at least it's possible to substitute. They use alot of acrylic yarn anyway, so I prefer the substitutes.

Well...I am sure it's against copyright laws to translate the pattern and post it here, but I think I will try and do it anyway... or what do you think? Wink

-bagheraa-

PS I also know that the magazine's publisher recently published a knitting book with many of the patterns from the magazine. I am not sure which languages it comes in, but if you want to give it a try, you can try and call [+45] 7399 6633 which is the number to the head office in Denmark.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bagheraa is on Ravelry Wink
IslandTurtle
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2005 10:31:50 AM »

I personally wouldn't mind a good sized clear picture of it. I don't need the pattern as much as I'd love to have a big enough picture to see the laced edges and details. But if no picture is available, I'd like a pattern thats similar to it. I live in Florida so I can't buy the magazine  Sad , otherwise I'd have it by now but I would love to own it if even just for the pictures  Cheesy

-Wendy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2005 12:08:38 AM »

Actually I wasn't talking about the same one (light green w/  lacy borders) as you, Island turtle, but it is also really lovely !!!! Someone found that one ?...They apparently come from the same magazine though(french version that is..).
I think the initial "perfect shrug" was this one
, which I'm in the process of re-finding in my tons of mags, so I can  translate it..

And btw, don't you think the hot lava cardigan http://www.bluealvarez.com/bluealva/hotlava.html really looks pretty close ? Or even the Shimmer http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter03/PATTshimmer.html with an added lenghth of  ribbing around the whole thing ?

Till then, I found another pretty close version, also in a french mag,

This one I've already translated. If you're interested please PM me (with your email adress), as I wouldn't want to post it...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005 05:25:47 AM by prunille » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2005 01:39:17 PM »

*sureptitiously points to a couple pages back where she posted the link to the pattern she wrote that mimicks this pattern.

Not to gloat or anything, but if you ARE looking for something similar, that's my take.  And, since I've been knitting less than a year and hadn't even followed someone ELSE's pattern when I wrote that one, I'll also say, making your own version is EASY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2005 04:43:34 AM »

just as a quick update on my former post : I haven't forgotten this "perfect shrug" thing,I know  it's been published in the february 05 issue of the french mag "fait main", ..but it appears I apparently hadn't bought that issue despite what I first thought (guess I had just looked at it so many times in the shop it felt like I did..)
..anyhow, I've asked several people around me if they had it, so far haven't had any luck... so I might end up back order the issue.
I'll put a post as soon as something happens..

sylvie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
lilacbutterfly
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2005 06:05:41 PM »

Lothruin,
That is an awesome shrug. Good job! I will be attempting this one soon.  I have been wanting to make a shrug for a while, and have been collecting patterns for a while, but this one screams out to me.
Melanie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2005 06:53:40 AM »

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
FunkyKristen

karaoke goddess :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2005 09:05:37 PM »

i know this is a knitting thread.... but for what it's worth, the pattern you're discussing reminds me of a thread i was looking at earlier.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=34278.0

it's made from this pattern but with a modified stitch throughout:
http://www.softmemories.com/AntiqueCrochet/free/~BedJacket.htm

i thought that, if anything, it might help some visually-oriented people see the construction of the piece, regardless of stitches used! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sham
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2005 09:11:07 PM »

am i the only one that saw the subject line and started singing  the nine inch nails song "the perfect drug" only as "the perfect shrug"?
hahaha. yeah. sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Sacred River by Wendy Wallace
Jonathan Alter Talks About The Schmooze Gene
The Center Holds by Jonathan Alter
5 Ways to Slow Aging in Your 20s
One Question From The Master Interviewer: Ken Coleman
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!
Meatless Monday: Marinated Pasta Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...