A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,185
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Alice in Wonderland Swap (Sign Up Closed, Mail By 3/12/05)  (Read 13799 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hillarybillary
your a pansy I'm a cowboy....

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2005 03:36:20 PM »

Dern it all to hell!!! I said I quit swapping why did you have to have a alison in wonderland swap??
I HAVE to be in this one!!!! My senior year in college one of my final projects the entire semester was bases around the theme of alice in wonderland and OZ. AHHH dern you alison.
*h
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005 03:46:47 PM by hillarybillary » THIS ROCKS   Logged
alison
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2005 11:53:23 AM »

Dern it all to hell!!! I said I quit swapping why did you have to have a alison in wonderland swap??
I HAVE to be in this one!!!! My senior year in college one of my final projects the entire semester was bases around the theme of alice in wonderland and OZ. AHHH dern you alison.
*h

SO many people have put in their swap sign up that they had quit swaps or been burned in swaps in the past...

I promise that I'll do my best to make sure everyone is happy!  There will be no bad swappers on my watch (i hope!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpyRI
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2005 10:59:07 PM »

Smiley I just want to say that I'm new and this is my first swap, but I am so excited about this and have been playing with it all night! It's been a while since I've really looked at Alice, you know what I mean?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it had a beat, you could dance to it
ilonavg
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2005 05:50:44 AM »

It's my first time as well. Smiley I'm from the Netherlands, so I'm contributing to the lovely international nature of this swap. Smiley I'm wondering which other European countries are present in this swap.
Anyway, I'm full of ideas at the moment and I can't wait to get started on the big bunch of stuff I have planned. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In olden times when wishing still helped one...
littleone
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2005 08:24:25 AM »

i havent sign up for this one because im having trouble coming up with ideas Sad
can anyone help me with ideas for this swap? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosered

terror of the highseas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2005 02:00:40 PM »

For anyone who needs some idea inspiration, here's some things that I've come up with.

If you can find a copy of Alice in wonderland at a thrift shop for a dollar or whatever, you can make copies of the illustrations and put them onto things like bookplates or journals or make them into decoupaged art pieces. If they are black and white you could make a little colouring book.
You could always make a painting of a character you like in your own version.
You could get a deck of cards and make the two, five and seven of spades into their little gardener characters from the book. Or anything of the sort with cards! Little notepads or books maybe! Or use some clear packing tape and make a wallet.
You could get some fake white and red roses and make some hair clips or bracelets. Or weave them into a knitted scarf. Or get some pipe cleaners and make little caterpillars.
Make an alice plush doll out of felt. Or a cheshire cat!
Or maybe make some felt cuffs with some hearts and glitter on it.
I would image it'd be easy to get heart themed supplies since valentines day is around everywhere.

Hahah I totally didn't think I could come up with that much when I started, and now I'm really excited to get started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alison
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2005 02:13:36 PM »

Hey can I join this swap?

you have to be a member of craftster for one month before you can join any swaps.  sorry!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DithMer

Have a good one, and learn everything you can.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2005 02:25:14 PM »

having... inner... conflict.  want.. to... join.. swap... but... already... doing... 5.. others... oh the turmoil.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilonavg
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2005 02:34:48 PM »

Hahah I totally didn't think I could come up with that much when I started, and now I'm really excited to get started!

Me too. Smiley
Here's some more inspiration for those who need it. You could also theme your items around mushrooms, 'drink me'-potions, 'eat me'-cookies, Alice's growing and shrinking, white rabbits, (mad) tea parties, certain famous quotes from the book, falling down the rabbit hole, unbirthdays, Humpty Dumpty and so on..
I think this is a very versatile theme, you can put a bit of Alice into anything, from purses and t-shirts to charms, cards and soaps.

Anyway, can't wait to get started. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In olden times when wishing still helped one...
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2005 03:24:32 PM »

Very exciting. Just PM'd you... my first swap as well Smiley   (Can't wait to get started! )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 18/21
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 17/21
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 3/21
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 19/21
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 16/21
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...