A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 303,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Curlers *w/tutorial link **UPDATED pics of outcome p.1 ***AFTER WORK p.5  (Read 85202 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008 , curler  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2009 12:05:09 PM »

Thanks sweets!  I also want to re-thank Shawnee over at Life with Monkey for such an awesome tutorial!  She deserves 99% of the credit (the other 1% of credit probably goes to my dad, because without his genes I wouldn't have such great hair!).
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2009 12:10:25 PM »

You're welcome! Cheesy

When life gives you lemons, make cocktails! Grin
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2009 07:36:17 PM »

hmmm i just read the entire thread and am intrigued.  I've always wanted curly (or even wavy) hair.
how long does it take to roll your hair? 
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2009 11:45:34 AM »

how long does it take to roll your hair? 

I've been using hot rollers for a very long time, and it's very similar, so it only takes me maybe 10 minutes and my hair hits about mid-back.  I'm sure, like all things, it gets easier with practice, because you'll get the technique down, where the sections go, etc.

You can bet your balls it's Neil Diamond!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2009 04:26:42 PM »

way to flippin' go honey.
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2009 03:53:36 PM »

I love these! I cannot wait to make them.
I have straight, tangley hair, often borderline ratty or frizzy, that won't curl at all!
It won't hold a heat set ever, and the only way I can set it is to dampen it with a product like mousse or spray, and then roll it and leave it for about 6 hours. So i really need a curler I can sleep in but won't make funny kinks like those foam ones! This looks like it will work perfectly.
red buttons
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2009 01:45:21 AM »

oh my gosh, I just HAVE to make this, never seen anything like it and it's just what I've been looking for!!! I don't like the idea of using my curling iron, just thinking about the heat frazzling my hair is bad enough!
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2009 01:05:41 AM »

The curlers are cute and your hair turned out great! Fantastic job.

I'll try it once

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2009 08:38:31 PM »

This is a wonderful idea for a more bouncy look than the usual rag roller. It makes less tight curls than the way I normally do it with the rags.

I just take a long strip of cloth and roll my hair up on this. No sewing involved. I make mine about a foot long and maybe about two inches wide. No hemming either. Just roll your hair up on the strips and tie a knot. Don't tie it really tight because you won't it to be easy to untie in the morning. I don't wet my hair either, just set it dry. In the morning, I just finger comb it all out. It last most of the day for me and I have fine hair. It does make it curlier than the sewn ones though. The sewn ones give you a lot of body but less curly look. The more curls you set, the curlier the hair.

You don't have to get it right the first time, just the last time.
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2009 03:26:24 PM »

I should have posted this earlier in case anyone, like me, still found it uncomfortable to sleep in the curlers, no matter how soft they are.  I put my hair in a ponytail on top of  my head and then put the hair hanging out of the pony in the curlers.  I have used as little as 3 curlers for big soft curls and as many as 10 curlers for small, tight curls. 

I set my hair practically every night before going to bed.  It takes 5 minutes, tops.  I usually start with dry hair (or blow dried to nearly dry) then spritz with water lightly and add some hair setting gel before rolling.

I get compliments on my hair all the time!  In fact, on the rare occasions I've had to run out, my friends didn't know I was setting my hair.  The rollers are so pretty and colorful that when my hair is in a "roller bun" my friends thought this was a hairstyle in itself!  Now I wake up every day and my hair is ready for whatever I'm doing with no additional prepping.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hairapy Ep 105: Jennifer
How to Get a Red Carpet Ready Hairdo
Hair How to: Top Knot Hairstyle
Simple Blow-Dry Steps for Voluminous Hair
3 Must-Have Beach Look Sprays for Sexy Hair in Seconds
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quilted Patchwork Basket
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...