A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,792
Currently Running With Scissors:
749 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Curlers *w/tutorial link **UPDATED pics of outcome p.1 ***AFTER WORK p.5  (Read 74710 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008 , curler  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

keeperrox
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2009 12:05:09 PM »

Thanks sweets!  I also want to re-thank Shawnee over at Life with Monkey for such an awesome tutorial!  She deserves 99% of the credit (the other 1% of credit probably goes to my dad, because without his genes I wouldn't have such great hair!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2009 12:10:25 PM »

You're welcome! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
mouse123
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2009 07:36:17 PM »

hmmm i just read the entire thread and am intrigued.  I've always wanted curly (or even wavy) hair.
how long does it take to roll your hair? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
keeperrox
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2009 11:45:34 AM »

how long does it take to roll your hair? 

I've been using hot rollers for a very long time, and it's very similar, so it only takes me maybe 10 minutes and my hair hits about mid-back.  I'm sure, like all things, it gets easier with practice, because you'll get the technique down, where the sections go, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cbass

You can bet your balls it's Neil Diamond!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2009 04:26:42 PM »

way to flippin' go honey.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twobluestripes
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2009 03:53:36 PM »

I love these! I cannot wait to make them.
I have straight, tangley hair, often borderline ratty or frizzy, that won't curl at all!
It won't hold a heat set ever, and the only way I can set it is to dampen it with a product like mousse or spray, and then roll it and leave it for about 6 hours. So i really need a curler I can sleep in but won't make funny kinks like those foam ones! This looks like it will work perfectly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
red buttons
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2009 01:45:21 AM »

oh my gosh, I just HAVE to make this, never seen anything like it and it's just what I've been looking for!!! I don't like the idea of using my curling iron, just thinking about the heat frazzling my hair is bad enough!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chelseaxbaby
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2009 01:05:41 AM »

The curlers are cute and your hair turned out great! Fantastic job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eveH

I'll try it once

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2009 08:38:31 PM »

This is a wonderful idea for a more bouncy look than the usual rag roller. It makes less tight curls than the way I normally do it with the rags.

I just take a long strip of cloth and roll my hair up on this. No sewing involved. I make mine about a foot long and maybe about two inches wide. No hemming either. Just roll your hair up on the strips and tie a knot. Don't tie it really tight because you won't it to be easy to untie in the morning. I don't wet my hair either, just set it dry. In the morning, I just finger comb it all out. It last most of the day for me and I have fine hair. It does make it curlier than the sewn ones though. The sewn ones give you a lot of body but less curly look. The more curls you set, the curlier the hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You don't have to get it right the first time, just the last time.
mikknits
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2009 03:26:24 PM »

I should have posted this earlier in case anyone, like me, still found it uncomfortable to sleep in the curlers, no matter how soft they are.  I put my hair in a ponytail on top of  my head and then put the hair hanging out of the pony in the curlers.  I have used as little as 3 curlers for big soft curls and as many as 10 curlers for small, tight curls. 

I set my hair practically every night before going to bed.  It takes 5 minutes, tops.  I usually start with dry hair (or blow dried to nearly dry) then spritz with water lightly and add some hair setting gel before rolling.

I get compliments on my hair all the time!  In fact, on the rare occasions I've had to run out, my friends didn't know I was setting my hair.  The rollers are so pretty and colorful that when my hair is in a "roller bun" my friends thought this was a hairstyle in itself!  Now I wake up every day and my hair is ready for whatever I'm doing with no additional prepping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rev Run and Tyrese: You Wore That to Church?
Rev Run and Tyrese: How to Dress For Your Age
Designer Spotlight: Dip In LA
How To Get Red Carpet Dresses
How To Dress Up For a Big Night Out
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...