A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Curlers *w/tutorial link **UPDATED pics of outcome p.1 ***AFTER WORK p.5  (Read 78760 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008 , curler  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

silvia3891
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2008 03:20:34 AM »

you had a great idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
try.fail.repeat
Driven by insomnia and DIY.

It is possible to jazzersize to Slayer.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2008 10:35:22 AM »

I don't have any pics, but my hair turned out pretty well. I had to hit it with some hairspray and curl a few parts that didn't take with the curling iron.Towards the end of the day they had become loose waves...But that was to be expected. All in all I'm pretty happy with them. They're so much more comfortable to sleep on that those stupid sponge curlers for sure! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P. US Army Pfc. Jason Cox 06.16.08
keeperrox
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2008 12:45:04 PM »

Yeah.  The biggest problem I've had is getting all the strands of hair to dry completely.  If they don't, then I'll have pieces that won't hold a curl.  I wish I had one of those drying caps that plug into a blowdrier that they used to have back in the '60s.  I bet they would work perfectly. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bbkf
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2008 03:00:01 PM »

these are awesome!!  i made mine this evening out of an old pair of pyjamas, the stuffing out of a teddy off the ex and the bead off an old bracelet.  epic hair and recycling  Grin Grin Grin

they're in now and i'm super excited for morning to see how big my hair will be.  thanks for the link love, and hurrah for first button-hole attempt success Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bbkf
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2008 08:35:35 AM »

I LOVE IT!!

this is after a day of having the curlers out.  i used no product either, just dampened it a little last night.

My hair btw is razored with many different layers, the longest being nipple length  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
keeperrox
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2008 03:12:34 PM »

Aaaaaa bbkf! Your hair looks awesome!  Aren't these the best?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dayzi

Proud momma of 2 Boston Terriers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2008 08:04:13 AM »

Just had to chime in here and recommend that everyone try these. Grin  I have very thick heavy, slightly wavy hair and can never really get curls to stay for an extended period of time. The 'best' method I've found is to french braid my hair when it's wet, sleep and take it out in the morning, but that tends to leave it a little damp and even then half way through the day most of the curl is gone. I want to wear my hair curly for my wedding next week and my sis insisted that with a curling iron & lots of hairspray she could get it to stay. Not wanting to spend the day with ridiculously stiff hair, I was still looking for another option and I stumbled onto these curlers. After seeing everyone's results, I figured it was worth a try.

No pics to post, but I tried these out on damp hair last night and so far today they're still holding up well with only a bit of sprunch spray. They were really comfortable to sleep in too!

Thanks for posting keeperrox!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftykc
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2008 02:03:09 PM »

You have no idea how happy I am to find this!  I have ultra straight long hair and start a job tomorrow.  I was trying to figure out how to do my hair, besides the standards of hairbands, pony's, and pullbacks, and wasn't looking forward to getting up so early just to have curls.  Tonight I will have to get out the old standby foam rollers I had totally forgot about, but then plan to make these this week. 

Thank you all so much for posting the pics.  You made my week-- no, you helped make my new career AND sleep in a little. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to do it AAAAALLLLLLL, I just don't know where to start.
daizyduke
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2008 10:43:57 PM »

Yeah.  The biggest problem I've had is getting all the strands of hair to dry completely.  If they don't, then I'll have pieces that won't hold a curl.  I wish I had one of those drying caps that plug into a blowdrier that they used to have back in the '60s.  I bet they would work perfectly. 

I had that same problem about hair still being wet in the morning and not holding the curl. Best solution I found was to start with DRY hair. Get a spray bottle and dampen each section right before rolling. Not too wet, not too dry. It ends up completely dry in the morning and curls stay in nearly all day - even on my 10 year old daughter after a full day at school!  Complete strangers came up to me and commented on her hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~ Maya Angelou
arcadian green
I wants flies in on dragons!

I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2008 02:23:20 PM »

I made these fabric curlers a few nights ago and tried them out last night. I have super straight hair that doesn't like to curl at all. I put in a little bit of product before I put in the curlers and used some hairspray when I took them out. I took them out this morning and they were a little bit curly but not as much as I wanted. After just four hours my hair was straight again.  Sad  My hair hates me! I think I'll try hair gel next time because I really do like these.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Animate Crush Test Dummy
How to Use Paths and Dupliframes in Blender
How to Get the Perfect Body with Photoshop
How to Use The Blender Interface
How to Navigate in Blender
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...