A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,969
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Curlers *w/tutorial link **UPDATED pics of outcome p.1 ***AFTER WORK p.5  (Read 74921 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008 , curler  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tragicheroine
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2008 03:18:11 PM »

They are so cute and well-made. And your hair looks great! Thanks for the tutorial link!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008 03:19:51 PM by tragicheroine » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SugarySweet
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2008 04:19:40 PM »

That is an awesome idea!! I always wanted fabric curlers, I was just not sure how to make them.  Wink

Your hair looks great. They made great curls!!  Grin
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008 04:21:55 PM by KimsCozyKitchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

keeperrox
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2008 04:23:16 PM »

They held up fairly well, and I'm sure if I used any product it would have been even better by the end of the day.  I walk to and from my car twice with a good amount of wind, so I think they were curlier before I left work.  Here's what they looked like when I got home:

And hopefully that will be all of the cheesy pics! Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008 04:26:20 PM by keeperrox » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sillylittlepanda
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2008 04:39:35 PM »

incredible!  I meant to buy some curlers today, but I forgot them while looking for something else.  Also, I have been looking for a new project and have all of the supplies.  It was meant to be!  Thanks for posting this!  Yours are also cuter than the expensive ones  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
muffinpod
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2008 05:02:24 PM »

my mom used to put foam curlers in my hair on saturday nights when i was a kid so i would have curls for church on sunday. i think the length of time they were in definitely helped the curls stay put. or.... try putting them in when your hair's a tad damp and let it dry with them in?

at any rate, those rock. very cute and old timey. love them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunsenhoneydew13
copacetic

superherogirl.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2008 05:16:23 PM »

I remember my mom rolling my wet hair up with strips of fabric at night, then me having to sleep on the lumpiness and then having lots of trouble pulling the knots out of the now-tightened fabric the next morning. 

These look like they'd be SO much simpler and infinitely more gentle!!

Great job and thanks for the link to the tut  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
michellealicious
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2008 05:28:11 PM »

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial and giving a review on how well they work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mirchita

somewhere over the rainbow....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2008 07:18:29 PM »

I absolutley love them, the results are great, even the after pics. I really love how my hair looks with curlers, but never have enough time to make all the process and get the kids ready too, it simplifys everything!!! and also, I have long long hair, I didnt want to cut it off until I can use it with curlers a couple of times, because I love it with some soft big curles and long, but never find big curlers or they are so expensive (for no time to use them)... so I can make them bigger to make that effect, I really love it, and I have to try it now, thank you very much for share it... beautifull hair by the way!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2008 08:12:13 PM »

These are SOOO awesome...this definitely rocks Smiley

I may have to try this, as I gave up on curling my hair ages ago because the curlers were too hard to sleep on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
keeperrox
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2008 08:35:37 PM »

Well, Craftster sure does boost your ego, even if this wasn't my idea!  Thank you everyone for such awesome words about the product, the outcome, and my hair in general!  I'm actually getting it cut this Friday.  I was planning on getting a sizable chunk taken off, but now that I've made these, I think I'll just get a trim.  I can't make them obsolete so soon, and I bet these will be great for the summer.

I recommend these curlers to anyone with an ounce of sewing skill.  Not only were they easy to make and use, they are hands down, the most comfortable curlers.  Ever.  Before these, I used my mom's old hot rollers (I remember her using them on me in the 80s, so they are at least 25 years old), but they aren't the best things for my hair AND it added about 20 minutes onto my morning routine, between rolling and setting/cooling.  Plus, I'd prefer to always let my hair air dry if possible, but sometimes my hair gets frizzy without some heat while styling.  These totally eliminate the heat AND the frizz, so they definitely fit the bill!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008 08:36:12 PM by keeperrox » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Catherine Hickland Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
D.J. MacHale Talks About the Morpheus Road Trilogy
Julia Gregson Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Meet Authors Mary and Carol Higgins Clark
Rick Warren Reveals Who He Identifies Most
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...