A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 306,365
Currently Running With Scissors:
769 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 94
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fairy tales, Folklore & Fairies gallery of gorgeousness!  (Read 77408 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: May 06, 2008 03:54:10 PM »

Send it my way Jpoparock!!!  Cheesy  lol- your super fertility powers that is!

Thanks for your kind words, so sweet of you to say.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008 03:55:56 PM by murbeck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
Allegory

A Modern Girl Made of Middle English

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 06, 2008 05:14:58 PM »

Thanate - I'm sad to have missed knowing about the graphic novel until now! But with regards to gorgeous comic books though have you ever checked out the Aria series? The *early* ones are the most beautiful comic books I have ever seen (believe when Jay Anacleto is doing illustrations).
Not sure if this link will work since it is a search, but shows a few of the covers - http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=116251

Holy gummi bears!! Pogo..you know Aria!

I loved the early Aria series. I used to sit and just sketch out the covers for practice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap fabric (and maybe some other things) for tattoo/flash magazines. I seriously need about 1000 magazines. PM me!

My kingdom for KinderEggs

http://www.wists.com/allegory
eternallyeve
Tutorial Contributor

Live - Love - Create

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #412 on: May 06, 2008 05:59:54 PM »

Beautiful crafts Ralph! I would love to know more about your pack too, I love the books and the bracelet - what are they made out of  Shocked.

Lovely stuff! You are very lucky Sulky
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit me Smiley
Website - Gallery - Blog - Tutorials - Store

Our collaborative craft blog!
Hand Made-n's
zemolina
« Reply #413 on: May 06, 2008 06:55:07 PM »

Yay! Our internet was down for a week while we moved, and I come back online and theres 10 more pages to read Cheesy Everything is so great, this swap is the best!

Eve, I'm so glad you decided not to send the little fairy baby in your swap package, because it just worked out so perfectly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ralph
no... gone completely

The fat man walks alone.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #414 on: May 07, 2008 02:11:10 AM »

Thanks for all the compliments.

The jewelery items are made from bamboo tiles or beads that came from a set of bamboo coasters that I cut apart. they have a really lovely smooth feel to them. The images are copyright free illustrations that I've collected from various places on the internet transfered onto the tiles using a celuloe or toner transfer method.

(a great tut can be found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=156073.0)

I used the same method to transfer the images onto the sides of the box. The images on the lid and inside of box I drew onto white tissue paper and the decopaged the tissue onto the box with PVA.

The smaller book is a piece of original fiction that I wrote, printed onto a lovely parchment type paper and then bound with a simple pamphlet stitch. The blank journal was bound with chain stitch and decorated with rubber stamps. The bookplates I hand drew then scanned into my computer to resize and add the text, I then printed them out onto the same parchment paper. The bookmarks are hand drawn. The magnets are made from a beautiful wrapping paper I found and my Xyron machine. Those are all the details I can think of for now. Any other questions, just ask me!

-Ralph 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have decided that the hokey pokey is what it's all about.

Post a project on every completed project board on craftster: 30/39
Al-most-there.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329582.msg3997110#msg3997110
Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

« Reply #415 on: May 07, 2008 06:14:55 AM »

Holy gummi bears!! Pogo..you know Aria!
I loved the early Aria series. I used to sit and just sketch out the covers for practice.
Allegory - Please, it would be "know AND LOVE Aria!" Cheesy
Aren't the images gorgeous beyond belief? If I draw worth a darn I'm sure I would have been sketching those covers too. Smiley

Ralph - wow, thanks for all of the info about your package! I'm gonna go check out the toner transfer method now!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #416 on: May 07, 2008 06:13:53 PM »

posting pics of my super amazing stuff tonight.. I swear.. and hopefully my partner will get her stuff SOON!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
Ren
Ren

controls bunnies writing literary works of genious

« Reply #417 on: May 08, 2008 02:49:20 AM »

Ralph, you did an amazing job with yours crafts! My favourite is the little fairy in the jar! :]

Murbeck, I'm too young to be starting a family just yet, not in mind, but for the simple fact that I've yet to finish University and get a stable job and place to live. I know it's something I want for the future but I've always said that if it doesn't happen, it was the path chosen for me. I was blessed with 2 sisters and 2 brothers, along with a further 2 stepsisters and a stepbrother. Once they all grow up and start having children of their own, it's going to turn into a madhouse when we all get together! In a lot of ways, being part of a big family means there is always someone there, and that might be why I feel that way about children. As for you, I'd do exactly the same! Keep trying and trying until you can't try anymore. ;] I hope that the stork brings you a little bundle of joy in the near future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: May 08, 2008 05:41:25 AM »

Ren- I can understand that aspect of it  Smiley  I have a large family as well, but there haven't been any babies in my generation yet and I'm the oldest of my immediate cousins and sister and I as accepting as I've become with this whole ordeal, I think I'll be the opposite of you and it's gonna be really hard for me when one of them gets pregnant before me because I always imagined giving my parents their first grandbaby and my papa (dad's dad) his first great grandbaby that they all were hounding me for for so long until they found out about the issues.  So it's been hard on the whole family.  The day that we found out that my embryo failed, me and DH were at my parents house (while everyone was at work) and I swear when my dad came home he was crying even harder than any of us and he's a big bad hard working guy!  So all that combined makes it just a little bit harder, but like I said- we've grown much more accepting and have come to see the bright sides of being childless.  We get to be selfish and spend all our money on OURSELVES and we can go where we want and party on the weekends, granted I'd give it all up in a heartbeat but it is fun too  Smiley  We are still in the habit though of planning our lives around the family we want (like we buy cars that will fit a car seat, we bought our house with a room for baby, etc) but we're working on it  Smiley  I'm not giving up, I know we're still young.  My last birthday was the hardest because I had always said I wanted 2 kids by the time I was 25.  Reaching 25 and not even being preggo with one sucked, but luckily I had some good friends (including DH) to pull me out of my slum. 

I'm glad I've got ya'll too!!!  You make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside  Grin  Thanks again for all the support!  I never intended to exploit myself like this- I swear I'm not fishing for attention, but I appreciate all that you gals have given me just the same.  What a great group of friends I've aquired!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

« Reply #419 on: May 08, 2008 06:36:00 AM »

I'm glad I've got ya'll too!!!  You make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside  Grin  Thanks again for all the support!  I never intended to exploit myself like this- I swear I'm not fishing for attention, but I appreciate all that you gals have given me just the same.  What a great group of friends I've aquired!
I'd be surprised if anyone thought you were fishing for attention. I still think you are brave for sharing all this and I really hope you get your baby "soon", for I have no doubt you will be a mom (and a great one). Smiley
I'm glad to call you a friend!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 94 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design a Cartoon Monster
How to Design a Cartoon Pig
How to Do a Pokemon Drawing
How to Create a Cartoon Fish
How to Practice Drawing Bulldog
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Cake Stands
February 3, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: 3-D Heart Card

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...