A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,044
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 94
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fairy tales, Folklore & Fairies gallery of gorgeousness!  (Read 63360 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sulkycat
« on: March 24, 2008 11:49:57 AM »

Here you go, post your pics here!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008 10:50:23 AM by sulkycat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008 01:02:36 PM »

haha!  I just noticed the title "...gallery of gorgeousness!"  love'n it!!!   Cheesy

Well, it's set, I'll be sending my package to Athenamat tomorrow, so hopefully we'll have some pictures in here very shortly!!!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008 10:08:24 AM »

The amount of care, creativity and thought that went into my package is incredible.  I am sitting here BLOWN AWAY.  Murbeck is such an amazing swap partner!!!

First, I opened the box and I saw the fabric (that the bag is made out of) and literally my first thought was, I have no idea what that is yet but I love love love that fabric.

THE BAG IS GORGEOUS!  I need a new bag big enough to carry my laptop but not as ugly as my giant backpack.  LOOKITY!

It has lots of pockets on the outside and inside (even pen holders) and was thus stuffed full when I got it.

Ignore my pjs and very messy apartment (the boyfriend is away and so it's craft and tea time, I see three dirty mugs Shocked)

Next to it in this photo is a lovely painting!  It has all different languages for enchanted.  It came with a note translating each language.

My first thought when I saw the painting was OMG -- no more sea themed bathroom, I want it to be enchanted themed!  Then I realized my bf wouldn't spring for that so instead I want an enchanted theme studio when I move Shocked  This will so be taking a prominent place on the wall.

When I started pulling everything out of the pockets, Hobbes got interested in the bow.  But I think he was actually smelling what was inside ... more on that later.

Here is everything all spread out!  All the toys are fairy themed and there are stickers and even fairy themed bath products Shocked  The red boxes all contain more surprises that she made.

This fairy cuff is freaking GORGEOUS.  It has a small stencil of a fairy and all my favorite colors. This antique button is seriously lovely.  Here I am wearing it, do try to ignore the fact I'm wearing pjs....

Then there were these too cute gnome cat toys.  At first, I thought, no way am I giving them this.  They always demolish their toys.  This is for the boys to look at.  Then when my back was turned photographing something else, Calvin jumped on the bed and ran off with one.

This is the shot I tried to get of him blurring by

I find him on the pile of dirty clothes rolling around with it.

Then his dominant brother took it away.

I realized that they have catnip in them which is the only thing to explain their craziness over this toy.  I didn't see them steal the second one but I can't find it Shocked  Silly kitties.

Oh the tag was very sweet on this too, it read, "Look what the cat drug in, for Calvin and Hobbes."  (she knew my kitties names, awww).

Fairy portal made from clay!  She has some serious clay skills.  The white looks just like rocks too with this marbley effect.  The note said this: Place in a convenient spot and you're sure to find fairy friends paying you visits.  (She tied this sweet little tags to nearly everything)

Her card to me was sealed with, get this, a real wax seal!

And this may be my favorite thing.  So clever!

A clay gnome in a jar!!

The note read: In this jar, I caught a wee gnome, he promised to stay, if I gave him a good home, So I packed him his shroom, and sent him to you, I trust that you'll love him, as much as I do.

DEAREST MARIE, I CANNOT EXPRESS IN WORDS HOW THRILLED I AM WITH THIS PACKAGE!  YOU ARE FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC.  I will not take this cuff off except when I shower.  I will carry this bag everywhere.  I will find an honored place for the lovely home decor things (the painting, the gnome in a jar, and the gateway).  The storebought fairy themed items were a very cute touch too.  And the kitties are already high.  Thank you!!!!

EDIT to add some action shots!

New (temporary until I move in May) homes for the arty items

Bag with laptop in it!

Style shot!  Notice me wearing my fave pink hoodie and the green pleather wallet.  Notice how much this all goes together?  Yes, that's right, Marie completely "got" my style.  I would have bought this bag if I saw it in a store ;P

« Last Edit: March 29, 2008 01:21:39 PM by athenamat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
sulkycat
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008 10:27:00 AM »

what a fabulous start to our gallery of gorgeousness!

thats a pretty incredible package, i love everything in it - & the pics of your cats attacking the gnome toys are great!

well done murbeck - now RELAX!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ren
Ren

controls bunnies writing literary works of genious

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008 10:47:35 AM »

Amazing package, it's making me feel nervous now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008 10:50:36 AM »

I am nervous and I made her a quilt! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
sulkycat
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008 11:14:04 AM »

and i am nervoius and i am running the flipping swap!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008 11:34:59 AM »

Well, I just got to my destination in TN right off in the first 10 minutes I couldn't resist any longer and am soooooooooo happy to log on and see that not only did you get my package but even more excited by how happy you are with it!!!!  I really was so nervous  Cheesy  The pictures of the cats with the gnomies are hysterical!  Yes, there is absolutely cat nip in them, and I just happen to come across a post of yours where you mentioned their names so I was all over personalizing that for them  Smiley  I had so much fun making everything for you!  I can't wait for that quilt!  Grin  But I'll be patiently (and squiggly) awaiting  Wink

Thanks for your enthusiasm, it meant so much!

~Marie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
Allegory

A Modern Girl Made of Middle English

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008 11:37:14 AM »

It is all so very lovely..

And it made me giggle a bit because I have a feeling all of our minds are traveling down similiar paths..I have two projects on my desk that are very close to something posted (No more hints savvy!  Tongue)

I *promised* myself today that I'd make new hammocks for my rats but looking in the gallery and seeing the awesome package that Murbeck sent makes me want to do nothing but finish my things.....I need a sewing wench  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap fabric (and maybe some other things) for tattoo/flash magazines. I seriously need about 1000 magazines. PM me!

My kingdom for KinderEggs

http://www.wists.com/allegory
meganlorraine
-Meg

Do what you like: Like what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008 12:57:00 PM »

Oh, Marie... You had no reason to be nervous. I will say that Gnome in a jar is my favorite that is so beautifully crafted. Very very veeeery nice job Smiley I knew you would do well Wink

Okay, I'm off to spring break tomorrow in Mississippi!! I'm so excited and plan to do some serious by the pool/beach craftyness. Can't wait to come home to all the wonderfulness that is this swap!

Have a great week everyone

*Megan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need bottle cap earrings with pictures of my kitty. Will swap anything for them!!!!!!

Pinterest- http://pinterest.com/meganlorraine/

I love personal swaps and would love some help making quilt squares. Let me know if you're interested!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 94 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Zero No Ruizu of Zero No Tsukaima
How to Draw Ultimate Echo Echo from Ben 10
How to Draw a Seal Character from Crossfire
How to Draw Catdog Campers
How to Draw Dory and Nemo
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...