A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 301,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
720 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 94
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fairy tales, Folklore & Fairies gallery of gorgeousness!  (Read 68170 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #400 on: May 06, 2008 11:33:18 AM »

Nice haul Sulkycat! Cheesy

Ralph - Details!! What are the bracelet and necklace (etc) made out of? They look awesome!

Side note - Murbeck - I hope you enjoy Stardust. I'll warn the movie is a bit different. Gaiman said something like it was "his child but with a mohawk" in an interview. I enjoyed both though. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: May 06, 2008 11:40:21 AM »

I too was wondering what they are made of, the details are gorgeous!  The book is really pretty, I love the pages!  Oh and the wee fairy is so adorable! 
Yup!  You got spoiled!

Pogo- thanks for the heads up, that's good to know.  I also read the Twilight Series and I'm almost NOT looking forward to the movie because the previews look a little far off and I'm super unhappy with a lot of the casting.  I try to appreciate the book and movie as seperate entities for most things I read =P  Harry Potter I started reading after like the 2nd movie, so those I entirely appreciate seperately, though the books are, as always, better  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
thanate
wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

crafty alchemist (now, with tea!)

« Reply #402 on: May 06, 2008 12:54:28 PM »

Murbeck-- you should really see if you can track down the original graphic novel version of Stardust at some point, too.  Even if it's just flipping through it in a bookstore or a library sometime, it was written as a joint effort of story & pictures, and they're fabulous.  Not that the book isn't good on its own, or anything.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pogo
Ardiente

« Reply #403 on: May 06, 2008 01:01:08 PM »

Murbeck-- you should really see if you can track down the original graphic novel version of Stardust at some point, too.  Even if it's just flipping through it in a bookstore or a library sometime, it was written as a joint effort of story & pictures, and they're fabulous.  Not that the book isn't good on its own, or anything.  Wink
Thanate - I'm sad to have missed knowing about the graphic novel until now! But with regards to gorgeous comic books though have you ever checked out the Aria series? The *early* ones are the most beautiful comic books I have ever seen (believe when Jay Anacleto is doing illustrations).
Not sure if this link will work since it is a search, but shows a few of the covers - http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=116251
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #404 on: May 06, 2008 01:06:58 PM »

I will most certainly do that!  I, like so many of us on this site, could sit and look at pictures for hours! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
Pogo
Ardiente

« Reply #405 on: May 06, 2008 01:08:54 PM »

PS - And the series is fairy themed. The series was just awesome...haven't checked if they've done anything recent though.

I may have to go visit them now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spookshowbaby77
« Reply #406 on: May 06, 2008 01:17:13 PM »

Shocked That's a fabulous package, sulkycat! You did an amazing job, ralph! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eukarya
Freelance Artist and Maker of Crafty Things

Crazy loves me!

« Reply #407 on: May 06, 2008 01:17:47 PM »

I will most certainly do that!  I, like so many of us on this site, could sit and look at pictures for hours! Smiley

BWAA HAAA HAAA HA!! That line got a mad giggle that morphed into a belly laugh out of me!!
Soo true! Wink

Ralph - your crafts are awesome, so detailed and beautiful!

Sulkycat - I've got my work cut out for me to match that Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thanate
wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

crafty alchemist (now, with tea!)

« Reply #408 on: May 06, 2008 01:18:16 PM »

nice!  I actually only know about the graphic novel because it was Neil Gaiman, but it came out as a 4-part serial, and then multiple hardbound versions, at least two of which have the pictures.  

But the Aria things look pretty nice; I'll have to keep an eye out for them.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jpoparock
Psychotic Crafting Bunny

I am the zombie queen.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: May 06, 2008 03:18:22 PM »

Murbeck!! *super huge hugs of happiness*

I've been away for the weekend/bank holiday just spending time with my folks so missed a lot of what was going on but having just re-read over everything, I have concluded that you are indeed a very special, very warm and very lovely woman! And I feel so sorry for you! I personally am not planning on ever having children I have a sort of a plan and am highly determined to stick to it, and kids, though surely lovely, would feel the strain and it just wouldn't be fair to put kids into the plans) but i always choke up on hearing a story such as yours. I'd gladly swap with you. I'm over-fertile so even if i "produced" with a low fertility male, i'd have a higer chance of becoming pregnant. At least thats what the docs said. Perhaps I can send some extra fertility to you and your DH? *more hugs*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm making a blanket for my uni room as it gets so cold! If you can make/spare any 5X5 inch squares of crochet, I'd happily swap you for something! Please PM me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 94 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose Jewelry Making Tools
How to Become a Professional Jewelry Maker
How to Make Teardrop Chandelier Earrings
How to Make Hemp Bracelets
How to Choose a Jewelry Making Kit
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...