A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 94
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fairy tales, Folklore & Fairies gallery of gorgeousness!  (Read 63962 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RoaneFaery
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2008 09:25:58 PM »

I can't wait for my partner to get her box!!  I hope she likes the goodies I made.    

I just checked the tracking and it said it was in my city.  I hope I get it tomorrow!  Now I feel bad about how my box was packed.  But if I had wrapped everything neatly it never would have fit in the box!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
http://www.wists.com/RoaneFaery
Pintrest:
http://pinterest.com/roanefaery/
My Swaps:
Last completed swap: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
eternallyeve
Tutorial Contributor

Live - Love - Create

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2008 02:55:57 AM »

OK, I really hope Zemolina doesn't mind but I just have to post the stuff I sent her! I have been busting to share it all and I'm soo proud of the finished pieces.

So, from left to right, top to bottom:
- The total haul
- resin pendants (my art, disney image, my art) - all this resin work was the first batch I ever did, I am sure I'm hooked. Shown on the green packaging and against a white sheet to show their transparency
- Clay figurines from Zemolina's wist, Snow White is about 2 1/2 inches high
- Resin Red Riding Hood pendant on white faux leather chain. My version of her Wist post
- Tiny clay charms - Red Riding Hood, big bad wolf, Snow White's apple, White Rabbit, Alice
- Clay covered mushroom vessel - upcycled from a water bottle lid, covered in clay and filled with little toadstools
- Snow White doll - this is the 'extra' cause to be honest she kinda scared me  Embarrassed. First ever doll, I usually just do plushies but the book I followed was excellent. And she's as anatomically correct as a doll can get  Tongue
- Altered book turned into notebook holder, and notebooks covered in pages. I could never have done this if the book were in good condition but all the pages were falling out to I used it to my advantage
- Hair bands and little house pin from Zemolina's Wist - my knockoff version as I could not find the fabric anywhere so I printed a web image of it out on transfer paper and made them that way, lol. I can't believe it worked  Cheesy
- Original bookmarks using online digital scrapbooking stuff, my own art and quotes from her favourite authors. Cardstock covered in contact
- Pouch set using my most favourite flannel ever! Bright green and red ladybugs *swoon*, lined in bright red and with a matching brooch.
- Gnome applique from Andrea Zulli's amazing pattern, boxy pouch adapted from dragon[knit]fly's great tute, and little pouch free-handed from the boxy pouch techniques.

I'm glad Zemolina is happy, I was pleased at the finishes on everything, I tend to get lazy sometimes and not put a professional finish on the stuff for myself, yet for other people I go to more effort,  Undecided go figure.

Now I'm off to post a few thing's in the other Craftster area to get some feedback... Yay! first swap completed!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008 02:57:19 AM by eternallyeve » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit me Smiley
Website - Gallery - Blog - Tutorials - Store

Our collaborative craft blog!
Hand Made-n's
zemolina
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2008 03:09:25 AM »

I received my parcel from eternallyeve! It is sooo amazing, everything is just so perfect!
WARNING: Crazy ridiculous amount of pictures ahead!!!

Inside! Just looking in here you know its going to be the best swap package ever!

(Almost) everything pulled out (cat trying to sneak into picture):

Cute wee purse/makeup bag

Whats inside? Notebooks!

Now to see whats inside all the other packages:
Resin goodies:

Cute hairties and pin:

The boyfriend asks: hmm, whats this in the red tissue paper?

WOW, I mean would you look at that thing, its amazing! But whats inside?
Mini mushrooms! Sooo cute

But thats not all the polymer clay goodness, oh no Cheesy

I mean, look at the detail in those! The little wolf has teeth!

So now your thinking, wow, what a great package, but thats not all. Nestled in the box was this cutie!

Isn't she adorable???  I wish everyone could see her in real life, she is amaaazing!!
Headshot:

Shoes!!

There were also these great bookmarks which she designed herself, but I couldn't get very good photos of, so hopefully eve has some!

I'm sorry for all the photos, but everything was so perfect and I really wanted to capture the detail.  I love that I got all this stuff which I am absolutely useless at making, the polymer clay stuff, resin. I am sooo happy with my package, thank you so much!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zemolina
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2008 03:10:39 AM »

oh nuts, I spent so long typing out my post that eve beat me too it >.< shall I take my images down? Thats a lot of pictures, sorry everyone for having to see it twice! Let me know if I should take them down okay?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eternallyeve
Tutorial Contributor

Live - Love - Create

« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2008 03:39:13 AM »

LMAO! We must be on the same wavelength! If mine takes up too much room just pull it down mods  Cheesy.

Sorry Zemolina, how funny is all that?!

I'm so glad you like the doll, I was a little worried about her since she was my first one but I hoped you would give her a good home. She was kind of pleased to be going to New Zealand to be honest, something about being a 'wordly lady' and that she really wanted to see where Lord of The rings was made... a serious fantasy junkie, that one  Cheesy.

I hope the Wist knockoffs suit your expectations... now I'm off to read your pm where you have probably already responded to everything I have posted here  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit me Smiley

Hand Made-n's
zemolina
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2008 03:57:39 AM »

Thats your first doll??? Wow! I can't wait to make outfits for her! she's a bit annoyed at my pokey little apartment, but she cheered up when I told her we are moving soon Cheesy
Everything is fantastic! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spookshowbaby77
« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2008 04:10:32 AM »

Wow! There is some serious gorgeousness going on in this swap! Grin

Awww, Margo is adorable in the fairy wings! And the fae house is such a clever idea - lovely.

I also really love the little gnome pouch and the red riding hood and wolf charms - too cute!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2008 04:25:36 AM »

Oh my, this swap just never lets us down!!!!  So awesome! 

Allegory, you CERTAINLY had nothing to worry about!!!  I love, love, love the purse, the pillow is awesome and would match my quilt that Athenamat made me ( Grin) that little fairy house is sooo creative and adorable!  You did such a great job on everything! 

EternallyEve, that doll is breathtaking.  She's flawless and I love her!  The little lady bug bag with the gnome on it is super cute and those pendants are so neat!  The book turned notebook holder is really cool too, I'd have never thought of that one!

I LOVE THIS SWAP!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2008 05:56:06 AM »

WOW!!! This gallery keeps getting better!!!

Allegory - your fairy house is sooo sweet. I wish I'd thought of that!! and I couldn't even begin to make such a great pillow!! Smiley

Eternallyeve - oh I love those resin pieces!!! Since you are hooked, can we place orders? My favorite Fairy tale is Beauty and the Beast. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008 05:56:35 AM by Pogo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
eternallyeve
Tutorial Contributor

Live - Love - Create

« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2008 06:20:31 AM »

Since you are hooked, can we place orders? My favorite Fairy tale is Beauty and the Beast.
Aww shucks *blush*. All these kind remarks are making me grin like a fool and are giving me a little buzz. I was just saying to Murbeck how we all admire and compliment other Craftster's stuff but we rarely think of our own stuff in the same way. You have all given me a big boost!

And funny you should mention that, I had a great time making gouache and ink drawings for this swap and I have some more pieces in mind. Let me get some ideas together and get over the enourmous amount of party organising I have coming up and I will post some finished stuff. I am always up for a personal swap and it gives me experience in creating 'sale-quality' stuff.

Honestly you guys keep me inspired. I love Murbeck's bag and cuff (that fabric rocks!), Eukarya's book and egg are amazing, Athenamat's quilting skills are awesome (my next quilt plan is just a simple block pattern  Undecided, nothing as great as hers), Thanate's bag is inspired, I envy Spookshowbaby's embroidery, DangitJess's Cerberus is amazing (I want one too  Tongue) and Allegory's fairy house and doggy wings are gorgeous. Without Craftster I would run dry, so compliments from you lovely people warms my heart.

Thank you again
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit me Smiley

Hand Made-n's
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 94 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Delete the Background of an Image in Photoshop CS3
How to Deselect a Selection in Photoshop CS3
How to Deselect Objects in Flash CS3
How to Display or Hide a Layer in Photoshop CS3
How to Display or Hide the Layers Palette in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...