A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
474 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Science IS Art Swap! (SIGNUPS CLOSED! Sendouts by 5/7)  (Read 34350 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

antarcticraft
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #420 on: May 02, 2008 04:57:07 AM »

Hi Everyone! Our cable modem died, then there was a service outtage, so I have been away for a couple of days. Then I come back to hear that some of my stuff was confiscated? What on earth? If it was the candy and incense, I guess I can understand it, but I didn't have anything else in there that was at all mysterious. I am just sick.

I'm glad it was just the non-crafted stuff, but honestly, what the heck? I've never heard of that happening, and that stuff is so benign. I'm so sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
antarcticraft

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

« Reply #421 on: May 02, 2008 05:31:43 AM »

Hello, swappers! Just a reminder that the gallery is up (I've put the link on the first page, second post, but here it is again):

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=241265.msg2658267#msg2658267

Also, a friendly reminder not to leave "lurking" posts in the gallery (as per the Crafster mods' request). This clutters the server with unnecessary posts. Use the "bookmark" function to save pages you want to come back to - no need to go digging through the other galleries to find ours! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: May 02, 2008 08:00:54 AM »

FINISHED!!! and my medium is Soooooo cute!  Hopefully I'll be able to send tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Buns
« Reply #423 on: May 02, 2008 08:36:49 AM »

It's okay, AlternaWidget.... My family lives in another country and whenever we send stuff to each other it gets searched.  Once they searched a package of birthday presents and then lost it - it wasn't able to be replaced.   Cry

It kinda sucks but if you look on the bright side, at least it was the non-crafted stuff and still got sent on after. 

I have to finish all my projects at this point, but should be able to do it all mostly today.  I finally got moving on my large and I'm feeling good about it now, although before I was nervous about being able to pull it off. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlternaWidget

More insects to worry about

« Reply #424 on: May 02, 2008 10:30:48 AM »

Hi. No, it's worse than that. It appears my big project, the one I loved so much, is basically going to be trashed. I might as well post pictures in the gallery so you guys can see what's going in the rubbish. I'm in tears because I so wanted my partner to have this stuff, and to have it on time.
I am never swapping again (well, I say that now...) I am just so darned disappointed.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008 11:12:46 AM by AlternaWidget - Reason: Clarification » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Buns
« Reply #425 on: May 02, 2008 12:39:31 PM »

Oh no.....  did you find out from the customs office??  That's so horrible... did they give you a reason why??

I'm so sorry, that is just terrible.  I would feel like complete sh*t if one of my projects wasn't delivered.....

Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ashestoashes

you'd better not mess with major tom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: May 03, 2008 12:37:21 PM »

I think I'm almost done! I finished up a project this afternoon(aside from one little detail), and realized I had three things made. I started another project last weekend, but I'm not pleased with it, and I might make one other small thing in it's place instead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists

I dig personal swaps.
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #427 on: May 04, 2008 04:04:46 PM »

I am officially finished! Yay! But, now, because I have a meeting after school and then I have to tutor, I don't think I'll make the PO. And, because I have 2 hours of tutoring on Tuesday, I won't make it then either. And, I don't know when I can go on Wednesday, either. Yikes! I think I'll have to try to go before my meeting...and be a few minutes late...hmmmm....

But, I love what I made! And, I hope my partner does too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 04, 2008 04:47:29 PM »

I have finished two smalls and a medium,  and I am nearly done with my large.  I will be sending on time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

justusetape
« Reply #429 on: May 04, 2008 07:52:39 PM »

Woo hoo! I am done. Now comes the part of the swap I dread... the post office! (ours is closed for remodel so the next closest one is doing double-duty. not a fun place.) But most likely I will make it there tomorrow. Just need to get a few pics in the daylight first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Rock These Holiday Hair Trends
Pretty Double Knot Ponytail Tutorial
Klorane Dry Shampoo Review
How to Create the Perfect Chignon
Faux Hawk Hair Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...