A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
777 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 54
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Science IS Art Swap! (SIGNUPS CLOSED! Sendouts by 5/7)  (Read 32187 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Buns
« Reply #270 on: April 09, 2008 08:17:29 AM »

Well I have my large figured out and will go out for some supplies this week.  I really hope it works because it will be so cool if it does!

I have a medium vaguely figured out and no really good idea for a small yet.  I'm starting to feel a little bit worried, but this always happens to me so I think I'll be okay.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the_trademarks
« Reply #271 on: April 09, 2008 08:41:38 AM »

I haven't started yet either. I have ideas I just have to get on the ball I guess. Thanksfully I don't think I will have to spend too much on supplies. Hopefully I will start in the very near future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swap for pogs, Polly Pockets (the little ones) and Gameboy Advance Games. PM me if interested!
chilledsoup
biogeek extraordinaire

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #272 on: April 09, 2008 12:45:41 PM »

Does anyone know if you're allowed to bring sewing needles and mini scissors on an airplane?  It's probably a poor idea to sew on the plane (what if you lost it?) but I'm traveling a lot this month and was wondering if I could bring those items in my carry-on bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GrannysAnnie

"It's always something!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: April 09, 2008 03:39:56 PM »

Does anyone know if you're allowed to bring sewing needles and mini scissors on an airplane?  It's probably a poor idea to sew on the plane (what if you lost it?) but I'm traveling a lot this month and was wondering if I could bring those items in my carry-on bag.

I would actually call the airport and ask, because I'm sure they wouldn't mind telling you all about their policies  Smiley.  Two years ago, I tried to bring a steel crochet hook on the plane and they wouldn't let me take it, so I don't know.  BUT lately they haven't been as strict in general (like they don't really freak out over liquids anymore as long as they're in small amounts).  But yeah, just call.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The screenname says it all - I'm my Granny's Annie!

*PhD student and audiologist extraordinaire*
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #274 on: April 09, 2008 03:43:02 PM »

I have a list of ideas, and I'm narrowing it down. I have one idea almost set to go, but I need to figure out what it will turn into in the end. I think that will depend upon how well the first part goes. I have an item that I definitely want to use, but I have a couple of options for how to use it. It depends on my skills... Those items could end up as the large and medium. I'm still tossing around ideas for the small (which could end up being more like a medium/small). I have vacation in a week and a half, so I'll get the bulk of the work done then, I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: April 09, 2008 04:04:15 PM »

Is there such a thing as crafter's block?  I am totally stalled at the moment.  I have one brilliant idea, and can't seem to get any further.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--20/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
Recovering from surgery and crafting again!!!
TracyBSN

Cut, Sew, Ask questions later...

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 09, 2008 04:07:05 PM »

I do believe you can take sewing needles.  My SIL took a pair of kids craft scissors (with the blunted end) and she had no problems.  You might also check on the airline's website often they will have information there for you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2008 04:12:43 PM »

Is there such a thing as crafter's block?  I am totally stalled at the moment.  I have one brilliant idea, and can't seem to get any further.

Crafter's block absolutely exists! I've started making a list whenever I see something, or an idea does pop into my head. Otherwise I forget what brilliant ideas I came up with Wink

If you are still stuck in a bit, PM me and I can share some of the ideas I won't be using!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
justusetape
« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2008 04:24:19 PM »

I have just started on my first item, but am not sure if it will turn out as a medium or large one. As for  the other two... since all my plans change, I will not even bother making them until the last minute. Going to focus on this first item now.... I really think waterbaby will like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: April 09, 2008 05:00:05 PM »

Crafter's block absolutely exists! I've started making a list whenever I see something, or an idea does pop into my head. Otherwise I forget what brilliant ideas I came up with Wink

If you are still stuck in a bit, PM me and I can share some of the ideas I won't be using!

Thanks, I may do that.  I had all of these really good ideas, and tried a few and nothing is working.  I have one that will absolutely work, but the others were duds.  The best part is that the one that will work is my large item.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--20/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
Recovering from surgery and crafting again!!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 54 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Building an Affordable Posing Table
How to Choose a Great Flashlights
Making Coroplast V-Flats for Backdrop
Using Light and the Setting in Your Photograph
Awareness of Shadow in Photography
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...