Swap name: Science IS Art!
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: antarcticraft
Sign-up date range: 3/24 - 4/7
Date to send item by: 5/7
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
Age requirement? No, but if you're under 18, make sure you have access to the post office and shops for supplies so you can send on time.
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YESDetails of swap:
Science and art are often portrayed as polar opposites - left brain vs. right brain. This swap is for those who know better, or would like to explore the creativity in the sciences, from molecules to galaxies. This swap isn't restricted to "lab-based" science, either - you can find inspiration in cabinets of curiosity, museum exhibits, or nature journals, too.
The possibilities are limitless! How about a quilted periodic table, a fake organism in a jar, a mosaic of the molecular structure of caffeine, a watercolor of fungi on a log, crocheted manatees, a necklace made of shells, an embroidered lab coat...
Anyone with an interest in science, math, and nature can participate! We'll be crafting one small, medium, and large (or the equivalent), with some optional crafty or non-crafted extras. Other requirements:
1) Communicate! Please post to the board at least twice during the swap process - this helps us know you're around and at least thinking about your items. PM the organizer and your partner as soon as you ship and receive (don't just post it in the forum)!
2) Post photos of your swap package when you receive! Some people are a bit slow to do this, but part of the fun is seeing what everyone else made. This also helps the organizer know that you've fulfilled all the requirements of the swap.
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
Branches of science that inspire you/you enjoy most (e.g. astronomy, zoology, microbiology):
Your relationship to the sciences (student, professional, armchair enthusiast):
Items you'd like to receive:
Items you wouldn't like to receive (e.g., I have too many totes!):
Colors you love/hate:
Your personal style, in a few words:
Crafts you can do:
Crafts you can't do but admire:
Allergies or other concerns for your partner to know:
Do you smoke? Have pets?
Wists, blogs, or other sources of crafty inspiration for your partner:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:
8. Raindancing ---- First-time swapper!
16. sxyskeksis ---- First-time swapper!
17. Lera-star ---- First-time swapper!
21. eggyolk ---- First-time swapper!
22. ptarmic wumpus
24. Flip Flop ---- First-time swapper!
25. zazazoom ---- First-time swapper!
26. TeraBella01 ---- First-time swapper!
27. attentionspanofnone ---- First-time swapper!
28. love2teach ---- First-time swapper!