A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: i heart manatees swap! (sign ups 3/23 - 4/6 - send out 5/2)  (Read 10658 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wildfyre
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2008 02:09:37 PM »

I've always liked manatee's.. I guess I could relate to being huge and kinda clumsy. Then an ex roommate liked the word Dugong and for some reason he decided that was my new nickname.  Undecided I now collect Manatee stuff whenever I can find it. I have the cutest little plushie manatee that I found in a thrift store Smiley

I really want to join this swap! But I'm not sure if it'll work out timing wise ..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
zoemarie
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008 04:10:02 PM »

I signed up.  I already know what I'm going to make.  =) I used to work at Sea World Orlando as an educator, and spent many an hour with the "little" darlings.  The manatees, one of the polar bears, and the belugas were my favorites.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarahswingset
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008 01:21:00 PM »

i am so sorry i have been absent for a few days and it took me awhile to approve the last few people!  of course i had a super busy week and then BAM! hit with the sick!  sometimes i think i just get too busy to take care of myself and see the warning signs and then it's too late and i'm in full blow "so sick i can't get off the couch" mode!  blah!   anyway, i am sending emails and getting things organized the best i can but i am still a little delirious with the flu, so let me know if i forgot anything! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

titancia
Are you a good twin or a bad twin?

It's Thistle with a Bobo on her head!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2008 08:01:39 AM »

Whoohoo, I'm approved! I can't wait to get started on crafties for this!! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harvey

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2008 01:29:40 PM »

Don't worry sarahswingset, sometimes life get in the way. I am currently recovering from managing to pour the pasta water down the front of me. Tongue
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008 02:29:01 AM by Harvey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harvey

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2008 02:30:44 AM »

2 days to go. I still have to get used to the date being the wrong way round Wink it confuses me. In Aust we do day month year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2008 08:13:30 AM »

Just when I said no more swaps I wonder on to the swap page and look what I find? Sending my info  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreamergirl
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2008 02:17:50 PM »

I've been getting back to looking through craftster and damn it, this website is always such a temptation. Now I want to join this swap. :/ I actually have a stuffed toy of a manatee on the monitor right now, I made it his permanent residence just cause he looked so cute there. He always brightens my mood when I see him over there.  Cheesy

PS: When did you all get obsessed with manatees? Seriously, I'm starting to realize maybe I'm not the only one who saw a photograph in a fifth grade Biology textbook and went.... "awww, so chubby and cute."
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarahswingset
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2008 03:36:16 PM »

PS: When did you all get obsessed with manatees? Seriously, I'm starting to realize maybe I'm not the only one who saw a photograph in a fifth grade Biology textbook and went.... "awww, so chubby and cute."

no you aren't the only one!  it was fifth grade for me!!  we had to do a class project on a sea animal and all the dolphins and whales and standard stuff was taken by the time it was my turn to pick from this huge pile of books on a table and then i saw a manatee book and fell in love.  i wrote a report on them and it's been obsession and true love ever since! 

i went snorkeling with them about 5 years ago which was something i had dreamed of since 5th grade when i found out you could do that!  i really would like to go again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2008 10:48:30 PM »

It was first grade for me. We were learning about all the sea creatures, what really sealed the deal was when my Dad went to FL and came home with a manatee T-shirt for me the next year.

Last year my hubby and I went snorkaling with them too. It was so awesome! Best vacation I ever went on! Takes up most of the pages in the vacation scrapbook, lol. Even my Hubby who I don't think fully understands (but indulges) my love of them was in awe. We want to go back when they're more out in the springs but money of course gets in the way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best New York Pizza
How to Make Baked Catfish with Green Beans and Sweet Onions
How to Make Orange Chicken Burgers
How to Make Candied Clementines
Tangy Vinaigrette Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...