A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: i heart manatees swap! (sign ups 3/23 - 4/6 - send out 5/2)  (Read 10951 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frankierevolver
Miss M. Sassypants

Mo'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008 09:32:26 PM »

LOL - That song dugon video is so cute! My lovebirds started singing along with it. Okay now I HAVE to join (I had this bookmarked and intended to.. but.. yeah okay now I must!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chilledsoup
biogeek extraordinaire

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008 10:51:17 PM »

Aaah you got me!  I just sent in my info.  I am becoming such a swap addict it's not even funny.  But you know what *is* funny, and it's manatees!  I wish the starting date was sooner, I've got another swap also starting around that day, but I'm so anxious to get my craft on that I'll probably sign up for the max number of swaps while I'm waiting, hehe.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tsuki_Tsubasa
~*Meow*~

Resident book worm..... X3

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008 06:55:18 AM »

LOL That video rocks Tiffie. XD <3 Poor thing lost out to the octopus and the dolphin though. I think it's cuter that the octo personally. <3 hehehe

Lookey what you can adopt online! I've been wanting to adopt one for ages now. I'm hoping I can soon.~~  Grin
http://www.savethemanatee.org/adoptpag.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight, and see the dawn before the rest of the world."
Oscar Wilde
bigfatroses
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008 06:57:53 AM »

I adopted a sweet little manatee by the name of Floyd way back in junior high.   Still have his picture.  If I wasn't maxed out with my swaps, I'd join this one in a heartbeat. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
tiffie1023
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008 07:02:21 AM »

LOL That video rocks Tiffie. XD <3 Poor thing lost out to the octopus and the dolphin though. I think it's cuter that the octo personally. <3 hehehe

Lookey what you can adopt online! I've been wanting to adopt one for ages now. I'm hoping I can soon.~~  Grin
http://www.savethemanatee.org/adoptpag.htm

i was totally going to adopt a manatee,  i had one picked out and everything, my friend mel and i were going to do it together, but then life totally went crazy.....but i think it could still be in the cards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal swaps are my favorite

wists! http://www.wists.com/tiffie1023
Tsuki_Tsubasa
~*Meow*~

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008 07:10:06 AM »

bigfatroses- There's a Floyd on that site for adoption. I wonder if it's the same one? Here's the description of him: FLOYD was born in the summer of 1978 and  has spent every winter at Blue Spring State Park since birth. He is a "ham," often seen in films and magazines.
That would be cool if it's the same manatee. Grin

Tiffie- We should totally adopt ours at the same time! XD I wanna get mom one for her birthday too.~ She -loves- them and would have joined this swap but she's in the middle of her first swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight, and see the dawn before the rest of the world."
Oscar Wilde
tiffie1023
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008 07:24:27 AM »

Tiffie- We should totally adopt ours at the same time! XD I wanna get mom one for her birthday too.~ She -loves- them and would have joined this swap but she's in the middle of her first swap.

i could totally be convinced.  is margarito still around? i really liked him because he was gimpy.  only one flipper.   Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal swaps are my favorite

wists! http://www.wists.com/tiffie1023
Tsuki_Tsubasa
~*Meow*~

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008 07:33:13 AM »

He is still there!
MARGARITO is the son of Lily, another Blue Spring manatee. She brought him to Blue Spring on November 24, 1984, and he has returned every winter since that time. He can be identified by a number of scars from boat hits and a missing right flipper.

Poor baby though! T___T I hate that so many of them are hurt from the boat propellers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oscar Wilde
bigfatroses
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008 09:49:16 AM »

bigfatroses- There's a Floyd on that site for adoption. I wonder if it's the same one? Here's the description of him: FLOYD was born in the summer of 1978 and  has spent every winter at Blue Spring State Park since birth. He is a "ham," often seen in films and magazines.
That would be cool if it's the same manatee. Grin

If his mother's name is Phoebe, it's the same lil guy!  Smiley  I may have to re-adopt him! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
cigarettesandvalentines
Red ships of Spain!

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008 10:03:12 AM »

aw, I want to adopt one!  I'm surprised at how reasonably priced it is. yay manatees!

http://www.xerratus.com/content/binary/oh-the-huge-manatee.jpg
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008 10:47:48 AM by rackycoo - Reason: please don't hotlink photos from other sites. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Someone has to go back and get a shitload of dimes."

Personal Swaps? Love 'em! Drop me a PM

etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/historystuffed

http://hamiltonsstupidhat.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Square Origami Box
How to make an Origami Butterfly from Water Bomb Base
How to Make your Own CD Cover
How to Fold an Origami Lucky Star
How to make an Origami Waterbomb or Paper Balloon
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...