A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
836 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Raspberry Lemonade Easter Cake. Pic Heavy.  (Read 1398 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lucastheboo
« on: March 23, 2008 06:17:52 PM »

So I looked all over the internet but I couldn't find a Raspberry Lemonade Cake that sounded good, so I did the crafty thing and made up a recipe.

First I'll show you what I used to make the cake.

The Ingredients were:
1 Box Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Classic White Cake Mix
3 Large Brown Eggs
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 1/3 Cups Water
1 Cup Whole Milk
16 Ounce Box of Raspberry Flavored Jello
16 Ounce Box of Instant Lemon Flavored Jello Pudding
16 Ounce Tub of Cool Whip Topping
8 Ounce Tub of Cool Whip Topping
Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue Food Coloring
Crisco-Pilsbury Flour No-Stick Cooking Spray

The Tools I used were:
Lots of Mixing Bowls
Mixer
2 9 inch Teflon Cake Pans
Measuring Cups
Measuring Spoons
Wire Cooling Racks
A Cake Decorating Bag With Multiple Tips (For the First Time)
Teflon Safe Spatula

Mix the cake mix as directed, pour 1/4 of mixed cake batter into a separate bowl and reserve. In the bowl with 3/4 mixed cake batter, mix in Lemon pudding mix and 1 cup of milk. Pour Lemon cake batter into 9 inch pans. Mix 1/3 packet of Raspberry Jello with the 1/4 bowl of cake batter, pour Raspberry batter over Lemon Batter in 9 inch pans. Using a Teflon safe spatula swirl the Raspberry and Lemon batter around to create a marbled effect.

The left is swirled the right is not.

Bake at 350F for 28-38 minutes or until cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.

The pudding makes the cake a bit more dense than a normal cake mix would be and it tends to crack, I'll give you a tip for decorating further down.

Leave cake in pans and let cool on a wire cooling rack for about an hour, or until completely cool. Once cake has cooled remove the cake from the pans.

Mix the rest of the Raspberry Jello powder with the 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip, scoop Raspberry Cool Whip into your cake decorating bag and use a large starburst tip.

Squeeze a ring of Raspberry Cool Whip around the top of the bottom cake, and fill in the ring with the rest of the Raspberry Cool Whip to create your middle layer, then put the cake for the top layer on upside down so that it will be smooth and flat on top.

Using the 16oz. tub of Cool Whip and a spatula, cover the entire layer cake, so that you will have a blank canvas.

Now you can mix small amounts of Cool Whip with food coloring to put in your cake decorating bag, choose a tip that you like and the sky is the limit, but as a precaution Cool Whip is a hard thing to work with, but it makes for a light alternative for frosting which I needed for this cake.

As you can see my cake is Easter themed, I was running low on white Cool Whip by the end of it so I didn't get to do as much as I wanted but it tasted great and turned out looking pretty cute and very Homemade, lol.

What I took home.

Hope you Enjoy it, and comments are welcomed.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every gay and lesbian person who has been lucky enough to survive the turmoil of growing up is a survivor. Survivors always have an obligation to those who will face the same challenges.
the_trademarks
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008 06:18:55 PM »

mmm, delicious. pretty cake.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swap for pogs, Polly Pockets (the little ones) and Gameboy Advance Games. PM me if interested!
maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008 06:47:48 PM »

:That cakes looked so cute!!!! Before it was eaten obviously  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
Kaissa
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008 07:27:24 PM »

yummy. this sounds so good!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
accountantbyday
Semiadolescent By Night

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008 04:45:04 AM »

This looks great - I really love lemonade flavored things and I am DEFINITELY going to make this cake when I have an oven again! I made a cake frosted with Cool Whip for Easter this weekend, too.  It's great to see some other people who like to use light recipes! 

This is what I did for my cake, which you could try some time for a light, easy cake topping:  take a 4-serving box of fat free, sugar free Jello instant pudding (whichever flavor you like; I have successfully used lemon, butterscotch, vanilla and chocolate and I suspect any flavor would probably be fine).  Combine the pudding mix with 1 cup skim milk and whip according to the package instructions.  Then stir in an 8 oz tub of Cool Whip.  I like to use this on sheet cakes, because it gives a thick, sweet topping that sets up.  On a layer cake it might drip a bit. 

By the way, that topping recipe makes a really delicious replacement for whipped cream in strawberry shortcake if you make it with vanilla pudding.  Most people don't even miss the cream. 

Nobody who wasn't there when I made my cake (used no oil, and used a can of pureed mandarin oranges and a half cup of apple sauce instead) was able to guess that it was light!  It turned out extremely moist - it was the first no-oil cake I'd ever made and it was a really pleasant surprise. 

So anyway, I can't wait to try your wonderful looking cake!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lucastheboo
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008 08:28:30 PM »

Thanks for the comments, I think I'm going to try a different flavor combo soon, and maybe do it sugar-free, both my grandparents are diabetic so they would greatly appreciate it, and sugar-free stuff tastes good too. Goodluck accountantbyday  I hope you post pics of the cake after you make it, I'd love to see how my recipe turned out when someone else tried it, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every gay and lesbian person who has been lucky enough to survive the turmoil of growing up is a survivor. Survivors always have an obligation to those who will face the same challenges.
accountantbyday
Semiadolescent By Night

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008 09:05:07 PM »

You know, it's funny, I used to think that sugar-free stuff was awful.  Now I love it.  I don't know what I'd do without low-sugar and sugar free things at this point.  I think once you're a lot more accustomed to things not being as sweet, the natural sweetness in things really steps up to the plate.  So to speak. 

When I can bake again, I'll make this and I'll try to let you know how it turns out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tragiqcandy
I'm your new philosophy

Runs with scissors. In the dark.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008 04:12:13 PM »

I honestly about cried when I saw the post title. I LOVE all things raspberry lemonade. It looks delicious, and I'm kind of speechless in appreciation at the moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lucastheboo
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008 09:42:14 PM »

LMAO I too love raspberry lemonade and stuff in its flavor is so hard to find, glad you're happy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kylie Jenner’s Beach Haul
Fashion Haul: Gina and Jasmine Share Their Bargain Picks For Summer
DIY Idea: Embellish Shirt Collars the Cool Way
Diane Von Furstenberg Designs First Archive Collection
Samii’s Beach Fashion Haul
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...