A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,371
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: plastic easter eggs  (Read 3683 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zazazoom
« on: March 23, 2008 05:42:31 PM »

I got a big easter basket this year from my boy with a bunch of prefilled plastic eggs that open long-wise (if that makes sense). They also have two little holes on each side so I can't use them for making popsicles or ice eggs like I did when I was little. I am sure I won't save them to use next year, I usually don't do much for Easter, but I don't want to throw them away.

Ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008 06:18:59 AM »

Her's a link to a download-http://dwarnerdesign.blogspot.com/
It's a cut out of Robin,with the words "jingle bells,batmansmells,robin laid an egg!" You cut a hole in the bottom for the plastic egg,which holds it upright,and you could put a few candies in the egg if you wanted.Really cute-I made a couple last year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode CRAFTSTER 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008 12:19:41 PM »

You could make little popsicles - use a thick piece of heated metal to melt a notch in the pointed end, fill half of it with yummy stuff, then lay flat in the freezer.

You could maybe do some of that with those chocolate lolipops too. I'd use saran wrap as a barrier for ease of removal and to keep the plastic from releasing icky chemicals, though - I don't know what type of plastic they use in those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames.com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
zazazoom
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008 03:34:30 PM »

They also have two little holes on each side so I can't use them for making popsicles or ice eggs like I did when I was little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zenthistle
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008 06:45:28 PM »

If you have a garden you use them as seed starters since they will drain...
you could do some cool christmas light board and cover them with the eggs shells as A cool Christmas thing..

you could poke floral wire through the holes of the eggs then piece them together creating some kind of mobile, funky chandelier..  or flower..  you could push air dry clay or model magic into them and use them as a base for some kind of funky sculpture before it dries totally...  if you put saran wrap in side the eggs first it will cover the holes... then you can do you favorite thing...
  maybey you could sting them all together In a really funky way and Make the ultimate Mardi Gras necklace .. or some kind of springy room divider...  ...  Think of them as large funky beads .. cus those hole's have created something new...    you could spray paint them all gold n silver..  and   hot glue little Christmas scenes/ cards in them...

.. What interesting about your eggs is they open long ways.. so you Can get a thin string or ribbon and possibly close it in .. you have a loop at the top and perhaps a tassel at the bottom.. if your egg is clear.. you could perhaps decoupage or glue a scene.. think of looking through magazines and pasting on to the inside of the shell.. then perhaps putting some sequins and bigger sparkles and Simalar colored items in side.. you could even have a photo of your self in it..    you could use jewel glue or hot glue to seal the egg and decorate it with gems...  save the eggs to decorate a tree next yr for easter.. OR you could fancy them up for Christmas like Faberge

I actually have an easter wreath..  you get a Straw wreath from a craft store.. and hot glue.. either a feather boa all around it or Easter grass..  then you glue on all the eggs..  Tada easter wreath.. either sell it, use it or give to some one next year come spring time..

here are some cute egg wreath I found at target...
http://www.target.com/gp/search/602-9010160-3750245?ie=UTF8&ref=tgt%5Fadv%5FXSJH1060&afid=yahoosspslp&lnm=easter%20egg%20wreath&field-keywords=easter%20egg%20wreath

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf31962522.tip.html
this one looks  pretty busy but it's a very plastic easter egg wreath..

Or you could get one of those straw hats and  hot glue eggs into it.. 

« Last Edit: March 27, 2008 09:00:22 AM by zenthistle » THIS ROCKS   Logged
swtater123
Mama Sweettater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008 02:30:01 PM »

I can't find eggs without holes at all anymore!  What's with that?  I used to love making egg icesickles, now my daughter will not get to do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009 07:04:17 PM »

I think all Easter Eggs have holes in them now because I read about them being a suffacation risk for very small children in them place them over their face  and breath in they could get stuck. I mean, no, they didn't have holes in them when I was little, and I was fine, but I guess time improves stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stringofpearls
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009 05:27:48 PM »

Wouldn't the holes mean germs get on the candy? It seems odd to me.
If you drill one more hole in each half you could run a string through and make a hanging bird feeder...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009 06:38:14 PM »

OK, so this month's challenge is making things out of plastic easter eggs. You enter yours on May 1. Read about it here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299202.0

I am still pondering. Have fun with it whatever you decide.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009 05:40:12 PM »

why not just duct tape the holes, for eggsicles?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stretching Your Dollar: Great Affordable Gifts
Holiday Party Dresses from Boohoo
Glamorous Dresses for Every Occasion
The Tuxedo Is an Alternative to the LBD
Outfit of the Day: DVF Style
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce
Mountain Views
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...