Okay, here's the wallet tutorial for the wallet in this thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=23368.0
Same pattern, different fabrics. Enjoy!!
Here's the finished wallet!http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/A.jpghttp://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/B.jpg
1. Ready to get started? You'll need to cut three pattern pieces that look like this:http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/01.jpg
- two large outer fabric rectangles (8" x 4 3/4")
- two large outer lining fabric rectangles (8" x 4 3/4")
- two "Pocket A" size rectangles (4 3/4" x 2 7/8")
- two "Pocket B" size rectangles (4 3/4" x 3 1/2")
**Note -- this makes a verrrry snug wallet when it comes to fitting in cards.. Bump up 4 3/4 to 5 inches if you want a roomier wallethttp://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/02.jpg
Making the Inside of the Wallet:
2. Now prepare the pockets by folding over the top edge 5/8", pressing and pinning:http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/03.jpg
3. Sew the tops down, this is a great places for a decorative stitch!http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/05.jpg
4. Grab one of your large rectangles of outer fabric and place it RIGHT SIDE UP in front of you. Align Pocket B with the short sides of the large rectangle (should match right up) and pin.
Make sure your pockets are also RIGHT SIDE UP!http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/07.jpg
5. Grab a card you'll be carrying in you wallet and slide it under the pocket. Mark where you want your pocket to end (how deep it is) and sew. Free free to use a pen to draw a line to follow while sewing, this will never show.http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/09.jpg
6. Repeat the same thing on the other side. Trim your seam allowance so you can see the ends of your big rectangle again.http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/10.jpg
You're inner pockets are finished...http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/11.jpg
7. Grab your Pocket A's and align them to each end, over the Pocket B's. Pin!
**Note -- if you want to add decoration to these pockets (a strip of ribbon, etc), do so before this step.http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/12.jpg
8. Take one of your large rectangles of lining fabric and place it RIGHT SIDE DOWN over the whole shabang. http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/13.jpg
9. Pin! Notice I left three pins close together on one of the short sides... this is because you're going to leave an opening here in order to turn this baby inside out.http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/14.jpg
10. Begin sewing just after your three pins and sew clockwise (5/8" seam) around the whole thing...http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/15.jpg
Until you meet the pins againhttp://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/16.jpg
11. Trim off your seam allowances (be careful if your fabric frays, don't trim too close) EXCEPT for the side with the opening.http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/18.jpg
12. Turn your wallet inside out! Don't freak out if some of your stitches come out near the opening when you do this.. just be careful.http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/19.jpg
13. Hand sew the little opening together.http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/21.jpg
Tip: Pull your last stitch through the pocket to conceal the end. Press the whole thing.http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/22.jpg
The hardest parts are done!!
Making the Outside of the Wallet:
14. Grab your two leftover large rectangles. Place them RIGHT SIDES TOGETHER.http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/23.jpg
15. Pin the same way you did before (with your three helper pins).http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/24.jpg
16. Sew around clockwise again and trim your seam allowances -- remember to leave the seam allowance on the side with the opening!http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/25.jpg
17. Turn inside out, tuck in the rough edges...http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/26.jpg
18. Hand sew closed... Press.http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/27.jpg
19. Use a decorative stitch all around the edges... This is the outside of your wallet so decorate as you see fit...http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/28.jpg
Put the Wallet Together:
20. Hand sew the two wallet pieces together, lining sides together. Sew two short sides and one long side of your choice. Almost done! http://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/29.jpg
21. Sew on your hook and eye closurehttp://stewartspeak.com/lauren/wallettutorial/30.jpg
You're done! Please feel free to PM or IM me if you have any questions!