A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beautiful dresses and jackets  (Read 5778 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

urbanchic1212
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008 01:34:55 PM »

good luck nofury the best tip for you would be to have patience and lots of it and a seam ripper is probably good too Cheesy
both pattern that you guys posted look like they would work ive been trying to find one for the last dress but i can't seem to find that collar and can't figure out how to do it myself. ill keep looking and post if i find anything
THIS ROCKS   Logged

reality is for people lacking an imagination.
sproutattack
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008 02:30:57 PM »

i made a dress lik the top one for my daughter baby dresses are easy tho
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clairebjamin
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008 02:48:26 PM »

I love both of these dresses!  I would love to be able to make something like this.  What kind of fabric is everyone using?  I am not very good at picking out fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LetterGhost
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008 06:07:58 PM »

I'm attempting the third one, it doesn't look too difficult (famous last words.) No pattern, I'll just figure it out as I go along.  I'm using stretch fabrics, because I always do. I cut out the basic jumper shape out of some navy fabric last night. The lighter blue fabric you see at the top of the photo is what I'll be using for the collar and sleeves.

I have a question, does anyone have any idea of what the collar should look like in the back?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
urbanchic1212
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008 06:41:05 PM »

oo good luck on the dress tell us if it turns out are you doing the sleeves in the same blue up at the top just read it  Embarrassed
yea i think the collar is gonna be the hardest part but its so cute i dont want to not do it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

twylag
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008 05:29:23 AM »

I love both of these dresses!  I would love to be able to make something like this.  What kind of fabric is everyone using?  I am not very good at picking out fabrics.
I think I am going to try just plain old broadcloth (2.48/m) unless I can find something cheaper at the wallmart thats still nice and light for the summer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sulkycat
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008 01:15:03 PM »

if i was making the 3rd picture, the dress, i would make the collar in 2 sections (so 2 pattern pieces- 1) the front piece cut twice to line, 2) the back piece, cut 4 times to line) & line up the back as a straight line with the back zip, if that makes sense

you could of course also curve it at the back to match the curves where both collar pieces join together, depends how neat your zips are! (as in a straight edge hides the zip a bit more)

*** have sketched what i mean if thats any easier for anyone?

other than that its a very simple dress shape, shouldnt give any one too many problems

for thre middle dress, i will possibly use a black & white or black & pink polka dot for the main, with a matching solid colour for the band (not doing the bottom band, i am only 4ft 11, that would make me look even shorter!)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008 01:21:29 PM by sulkycat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

seampoints
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008 01:24:58 PM »

Great work! This week has turned out to be more eventful than I imagined,  Roll Eyes so hopefully I'll start this next weekend
THIS ROCKS   Logged
urbanchic1212
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008 01:38:42 PM »

sulkycat would you mind posting the sketch im kinda confused.and
seampoints i know what you mean same here unfortunately next week is looking pretty crazy too Sad but these dresses is too cute not to try
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sulkycat
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008 02:24:41 PM »

hopefully this will work, my scanners dead

cut one of the front collar, on the fold, in main material, then one on the fold from lining, also interface it

cut two of the back pieces from main material, two from lining, & interface them both

obviously none of these sketches are to scale!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011 03:00:54 PM by photojenn - Reason: removed broken image » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
GlassGirl
Nature Photography in Yellowstone Park
Dog Photo Tips
MBUK First Look Photoshoot
Photography Tips: How to Achieve Proper Backlight
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...