A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 315,701
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 79
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Secret Swap IV Gallery!!!  (Read 97793 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

instantkarma
« Reply #240 on: April 07, 2008 12:11:38 PM »

Here are the three I recieved:

"I didn't have sex until I was 28. Then I had sex with [two] men in 3 months that I didn't like very much. I had planned to wait for marriage."

"Screw feminism, I want to be Mrs. Cleaver."

"He is my everything. I'm leaving here to be with him."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
Scatter Kincaid
Keeping It Crafty Since 1983

One Girl. One Obsession. Many Crafts.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #241 on: April 07, 2008 12:12:44 PM »

So, it's okay if you make fun of me, but I like Ugg boots, and want to buy some. But here the only people ever wearing them are really dumb, and really coozy girls that wear them with with dumb things like running shorts. (You obviously aren't going to work out, put real clothes on!) And I have no interest in being associated with them, so I won't buy any. Plus, I don't have like 120 buck to buy shoes.

Bah!  This is a secret swap, so I'm assuming most of these "secret" opinions are not expressed out loud everyday.  People are keeping these thoughts/opinions/judgements to themselves for a reason.  Wear the boots you want to wear and be the size you are.  People's reactions to you and your appearance are ultimately their responsibility and have absolutely nothing to do with you.  Does that make sense?

I'm not trying to preachy at all.  I make totally nasty and irrational judgments about things everyday.  I'm not casting any stones.  I'm just saying that I'm the only person responsible for those thoughts.  I don't run up to the Ugg wearing person and yell YOU SUCK!

I think this swap is a super healthy way to express your odd little pet peeves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

halblingefrau

Skillz. I has dem.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #242 on: April 07, 2008 12:12:54 PM »

My friend has a pair of Uggs.  She lives in Iowa and they're the only boots to date that keep her feet warm in winter.  But that's the thing, she only wears them in winter.  Personally my feet would sweat up a storm if I wore them in summer.  I do like them, but mostly for my Pullips.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog | Wists

PM me for personal swaps.
instantkarma
« Reply #243 on: April 07, 2008 12:19:43 PM »

Feminism - Allow me to get on my soapbox for a minute; I took Feminist Philosophy over last J-term and really learned a lot about the philosophies behind feminism. Personally, I think it's just fine if you want to be a housewife, a homemaker, a stay-at-home mom or whatever, because a lot of women just feel *right* doing that. However, feminism is about empowering women to have the right to make their own choices - whatever they may be - and I feel that all women should be grateful to the movement for helping them become able to have the right to make the choice to be a homemaker if they choose or a CEO if they choose.
On the flip side, I can see where the writer may be coming from, since a lot of modern-day feminism is associated with the thought that certain women are seen as weak and scared of the world outside of their houses if they choose to become homemakers. While there are extremists like that, feminism is again about choices, and I hope you don't discredit the entire movement because of those extremists.
*gets off of soapbox*

He is everything - Good luck on your travels.

Waiting until marriage - If you feel like you've made a mistake, chalk it up as just that - a mistake. We all make them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: April 07, 2008 12:23:04 PM »

I hate Uggs, but that's because I live in Southern California and I always see girls wearing them with tank tops, mini skirts and scarves  Roll Eyes I always think "If you are so cold, put some damn clothes on." My sister calls it the slutty eskimo look. Now if I loved somewhere where it actually got cold and snowed, I'm sure my opinion would be different because I wouldn't want my feet to freeze off  Cheesy It's nice to know I'm not the only one who doesn't like them. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
Scatter Kincaid

« Reply #245 on: April 07, 2008 12:27:21 PM »

Feminism - Allow me to get on my soapbox for a minute; I took Feminist Philosophy over last J-term and really learned a lot about the philosophies behind feminism. Personally, I think it's just fine if you want to be a housewife, a homemaker, a stay-at-home mom or whatever, because a lot of women just feel *right* doing that. However, feminism is about empowering women to have the right to make their own choices - whatever they may be - and I feel that all women should be grateful to the movement for helping them become able to have the right to make the choice to be a homemaker if they choose or a CEO if they choose.
On the flip side, I can see where the writer may be coming from, since a lot of modern-day feminism is associated with the thought that certain women are seen as weak and scared of the world outside of their houses if they choose to become homemakers. While there are extremists like that, feminism is again about choices, and I hope you don't discredit the entire movement because of those extremists.
*gets off of soapbox*

Ditto instantkarma.  Exactly what I was thinking.  It is incredibly frustrating that what feminism is assosiated with has no actual ties to what it really is.  But again, with my same train of thought from my last post, you can only be responsible for yourself and learning as much as you can.  Just because I want people to know what feminism is really about doesn't mean I should go shoving it down everyone's throat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

instantkarma
« Reply #246 on: April 07, 2008 12:31:04 PM »

But again, with my same train of thought from my last post, you can only be responsible for yourself and learning as much as you can.  Just because I want people to know what feminism is really about doesn't mean I should go shoving it down everyone's throat.

This is true. I hope I didn't come across that way; my comments were my first thought upon seeing the postcard.

Oh, and are Uggs those suede boots in ugly colors? Because I hate those...but if they're those fur-covered boots...I have to admit that I really like those, even though I don't buy shoes often.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scatter Kincaid

« Reply #247 on: April 07, 2008 12:32:36 PM »

But again, with my same train of thought from my last post, you can only be responsible for yourself and learning as much as you can.  Just because I want people to know what feminism is really about doesn't mean I should go shoving it down everyone's throat.

This is true. I hope I didn't come across that way; my comments were my first thought upon seeing the postcard.

Oh, and are Uggs those suede boots in ugly colors? Because I hate those...but if they're those fur-covered boots...I have to admit that I really like those, even though I don't buy shoes often.

HA!  No, I said it that way because I wanted to make sure I wasn't being preachy.  Ohhhhh internet, when will you make communicating simple.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TracyInNH

Wow, how'd you do that??

« Reply #248 on: April 07, 2008 12:34:08 PM »

Uggs - I don't care either way, but they aren't for me...  if you want them, they are yours. 

Feminism - again, feminism is ok in doses for me... if you want it, its yours  Grin

Soulmate - Good luck to you, live life !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
the_trademarks
« Reply #249 on: April 07, 2008 01:06:05 PM »

Numbers 6,7, and 8.

front: "i PEE in ThE ShowEr"
back: "(even when I am @ someone else's house or @ the gym)"

front: "I don't THINK I'm Good ENOUGH"

front: " It broke my heart when you Took me off your top friends I know I don't deserve to be there Anymore but, Damn."
back: "you said we'd be friends NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENED!!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swap for pogs, Polly Pockets (the little ones) and Gameboy Advance Games. PM me if interested!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 79 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Using a Folding Chair as a Posing Stool
Using a Speedlight Softbox
Using a Hoodman Loupe Without A Lanyard
Using Honl for SpeedLight Accessories
Using Paint Poles for Backdrops
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...