A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 315,694
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: this is incredibly cheezy but i need ur help lol  (Read 3354 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hayz
« on: January 24, 2005 03:10:28 AM »

is it really wrong to send a valentines to some1 u dont actually know...ie some1 who works in a shop by me who i sometimes see on the train too, and am too scaredy ars-ed to talk to?
it is isnt it? lol
i dont even know if he has a gf...hes just lush!
maybe somethin jokey...i just read the chillie thing...sending a chillie and saying because ur hot! kinda thing...
any1 got any more jokey type ideas?
incase i make a complete fool of myself...lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

handmade ballet flats

my etsy - http://www.footloosefancyflats.etsy.com
my web - www.footlooseandfancyflats.com (under construction)
myspace -
rockiegirl

kitties, libraries, and crafts . . . yum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005 04:23:08 PM »

well, has he noticed you, or do you just like to look at him?
either way, that's cute! hmm
You could...
     -buy something at the shop and when you give him the money, you could include a valentine's card.
     -put a v-day card on the seat where he usually sits on the train
     -on a particular (rainy, snowy, sunny, whatevery) day, you could comment on it and try to start a conversation with him on the train or wherever and ask if he wants to go out for coffee or something.
... just some suggestions. (I've never tried any of these, so don't take my definite word for it and i'm not really old enough to ask guys out on random dates and i have a boyfriend currently, but go for it) If you've never seen him with a girl in the shop or on the train, chances probably are that he isn't seeing anyone.
Good luck! anyone have comments on these suggestions, feel free!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  www.wists.com/rockiegirl
My Blog:  yarnontherocks.blogspot.com
Ravelry Handle:  rockiegirl
Nirvanasashes
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005 09:12:36 PM »

aww send a jokey, romantic, anonymous valentine because that would be so awwww
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Conley
I Poke You With Sticks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005 10:09:20 PM »

I would draw a valentine on a piece of paper (all cool w/ cartoons and jokes written in spirals so he has to turn the pages all which way while reading it), maybe attach a sweet or a candy heart, Crumple it up into a ball and wrap a piece of string around it with a wee little card that says "open me".

Now for the important part.....

While on the train sit close but not too close. Sing the Mission Impossible theme song in your head (da da da da daaa daaa da da da da daaa daaa). Have a book or magazine ready in your hand, maybe a handmade pamphlet that says "Valentines Day for the Lonely" it doesn't matter, this is a cover. Then- throw the crumpled tied valentine at crush's head and quickly hide behind your cover. Cross your legs like you're shifting for comfort in your seat and turn slightly- but don't look up.... wait a minute or three (hoping that there aren't other passengers who will rat you out) then glance up to see his reaction.

Or while getting off the train, bump into him and slip it into his bag or pocket. Or even bolder, tap him on the shoulder as he walks and say "You dropped this" and hand it to him.
Thus you can deliver it and still be sly. So if he has a gf no biggie, he received a wonderful and secretly delivered valentine. If he's single, he'll be scanning the train every morning trying to figure out who gave it to him which will give you the oppurtunity to have your eyes meet across the crowded train. And when he smiles at you, you can hold up a crumpled paper ball and toss it at him w/ your digits inside.

Oh yeah- I'm good  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog    http://stephieface.wordpress.com
Ravelry    http://www.ravelry.com/people/Stephieface

2/18/12 - I no longer have the directions for wrapped pens, I lost them several years ago. To obtain them for yourself, do like I did, contact DMC threads directly and ask for them.
princessandthebead
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005 04:42:59 AM »

eewwww.....I like the *you dropped this* line!!  Then you get to look into his eyes!!  I vote go for it!  What have you got to lose.  Plus, it will be a big ego builder to him. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a Sharpie addiction.  eemmm...In Fact, I am the President of the Sharpie relocation program. 
Newest addiction....PINCUSHIONS!!
I love personal swaps!

My wist:  http://www.wists.com/princessandthebead

I collect business cards and would LOVE to add yours to my collection!  Email me!
hayz
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005 07:04:00 AM »

lol ive just seen him this afternoon gettin on the bus as got off it!gawd dayum!
its ok tho cos i made sure i gave him a quick smile  Kiss hehe
anyhoos thanxies i think im gona try sumthin anyways and ur ideas r all cool! ta
THIS ROCKS   Logged

handmade ballet flats

my etsy - http://www.footloosefancyflats.etsy.com
my web - www.footlooseandfancyflats.com (under construction)
myspace -
such_great_heights
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005 10:50:09 AM »

oh, definitely do something cute and secretive.
it's verysilly & romantic.
i mean, what have you got to lose?
and who wouldn't want to have a secert admirer?

and then post and tellus what happened!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

and when i see you i really see you upside down
but my brain knows better and turns you round
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005 03:09:04 PM »

Ahh haha Conley, that is too cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
Conley
I Poke You With Sticks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005 05:37:04 PM »

I get inspired by hubby, littleone1098. You should hear the story of how we started dating......
Once upon a time I received a phone call on my friend's cell informing me that my aoartment had been broken in to.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog    http://stephieface.wordpress.com
Ravelry    http://www.ravelry.com/people/Stephieface

2/18/12 - I no longer have the directions for wrapped pens, I lost them several years ago. To obtain them for yourself, do like I did, contact DMC threads directly and ask for them.
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005 10:46:37 PM »

I get inspired by hubby, littleone1098. You should hear the story of how we started dating......
Once upon a time I received a phone call on my friend's cell informing me that my aoartment had been broken in to.....
awww, now THAT'S love Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Boston Market Takes the Grand Stage on Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving Make-Ahead Chestnut, Sausage and Apple Dressing Recipe
Leftover Turkey Solutions
5 Genius Thanksgiving Leftover Hacks
How To Make Thanksgiving Quinoa Stuffing
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...