A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,159
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HELP! new to v-day new boy  (Read 3583 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hayz
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005 05:16:08 AM »

omg haha thats brave
i luv it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

handmade ballet flats

my etsy - http://www.footloosefancyflats.etsy.com
my web - www.footlooseandfancyflats.com (under construction)
myspace -
erindezeeuw

How am I not myself?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005 07:11:28 AM »

Do not do not do not make any huge kitchen-wrecking roulade kind of things that take hours and decorate them with sugared edible flowers! DON'T DO IT! You may want to, but don't!
The boy will eat it all in like, one bite, say that he likes "creamy stuff", and then you will never ever see him again.
Boys don't get crafty girls. You have to stick around long enough for them to see that the insanity is not directed at them, but directed at crafting.

That said, how about buying PJ bottoms and embroidering his name on them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This may be for sale on my etsy:
creme-tangerine

myspace

How am I not myself?
VaxGirl
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2005 07:24:19 AM »

How about one of these nifty balls you unwrap to find little gifts inside?  First you go to the party store and get some silly little party favor type toys, tiny space aliens, wee toy cars, thing like that.  Not Martha has some good instructions for wrapping them up in the ball.

http://megan.scatterbrain.org/notmartha/tomake/surpriseball.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zige

Raaarrgggghhhhh

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2005 03:24:49 PM »

Last year i was in the same position, although we had been dating for 6 months, we had both been hurt before so were totally non comittal for aaaaagggeesssss.  Anywa I took the boy on a picnic at a nice park that overlooks the city.  Beforehand i sent him an email asking him the followning questions ... plus a few more  Wink
1)  Favorite colour?

2)  Favorite Pizza topping?

3)  Favorite Sandwich Filling?

4)  Up or Down?

5)  Dry or Wet?

6)  Favorite music to sing along to?

7)  Favorite drink?

Cool  Favorite underwear?

9)  Hot or Cold?

10)  Any last requests?

I made him his favorite sandwiches, wore his favorite colour, made a CD with songs by his favorite band on to play in the car on the way, and totally didnt tell him what was happening until I picked him up.  It was really good fun, didnt cost alot and wasnt too mushy or weird (i dont think) and best of all although we had no presents to keep we have good memories, (and i rock i picked up at the park)  and photos, so it was fun.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

If at first you don't suceed, cheat...then repeat until caught...then lie.
schquimpy
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2005 07:06:23 PM »

i used to date a boy who collected old atari games. there was one he couldn't find and i ordered it from radio shack (i have no idea if you can still do this). he LOVED it.

us girls assume romantic is good, but boys aren't like that. i've tried slightly romantic stuff and gotten nowhere. if you remember something he really likes try that. food, hobbies, sports, whatever. that stuff has always gone over the best in my experiences.

and food is good. boys like food.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

somewhere my vocational guidance counselor is laughing hysterically
betty666
u little rippaa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2005 10:24:22 PM »

I made him his favorite sandwiches, wore his favorite colour, made a CD with songs by his favorite band on to play in the car on the way, and totally didnt tell him what was happening until I picked him up.  It was really good fun, didnt cost alot and wasnt too mushy or weird (i dont think) and best of all although we had no presents to keep we have good memories, (and i rock i picked up at the park)  and photos, so it was fun.

thats cute as!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

proud of my life, and the things that i have done
proud of myself, and the loner i've become
you're free to whine, it will not get you far
i do just fine, my car and my guitar
-Say Anything
Kiell
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2005 09:41:35 PM »

That said, how about buying PJ bottoms and embroidering his name on them?

Or yours?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Guen
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2005 12:26:35 PM »

phew, what a relief to know that there are crafty girls all over the place wondering the same question I was... me and my boy have been together for 7 months, but I know he doesn't really like making a big deal out of those traditional type things - like birthdays and Christmas.  For his birthday I made him a small wallet/pouch to keep things in (he carries a shoulder bag around with him but there's so much stuff in it that this helps keep somethings in order), and for Christmas I made him a bandana (not very hard to do - but he has long dreads and usually keeps them pulled back) because the only ones you can usually buy have the same paisley design and he could never find one made out of orange (his fav. colour). 
  So, this whole valentines day thing had been in the back of my mind, but I didn't know what to do... should I suprise him? but what if he doesn't do anything and then feels bad... or should I say something before hand? but then there's and expectation for this amazing evening.  But... two night ago we were out to dinner with friends and somehow the topic of fondue came up (one of our favorite things to do is cook great dinners together), and I mentioned that last year I had been to a Chocolate fondue Vanlentines day party.  It was really fun, imagine ten people around eating all sorts of nuts and fruit with three different melted chocolates.  Anyways, after I finished my story he turned to me and said that we should do that for Valentines and then he started talking about the different kinds of fruit we could get and what kind of chocolate would be best... let me tell you, I was greatly suprised.  So now it's kind of a joint project for us to come up with a way of melting the chocolate (neither of us have a real chocolate fondue set)and to decide what kind of fun and exotic fruit we'll have.  So now it's more of an evening of us spending time together rather than worrying about what to get each other...

anyone have any chocolate and fruit combinations they'd suggest?   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
uberhippie

"I think I'm addicted.."

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2005 12:36:50 PM »

anyone have any chocolate and fruit combinations they'd suggest?   

i dont know about crazy combinations but strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, rice crispy treats are all good....but what i was originally going to suggest was to put a little bit of rum (maybe only a tablespoon) into some dark chocolate.  one of my friends did the fondue the other night and it was so good.  it complimented the flavor of the strawberries perfectly.

but, yeah, fondue valentines...great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewcialDistortion
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2005 11:17:11 PM »

This is not strictly crafty but it could be, and I know it's past the date but if anybody has any belated Valentining to do it's an idea...  After stressing a wee bit this year about doing something original, the sweet man turns to me and says "let's forget about cards and presents and go to a day spa and get pampered together". 

Well, we tried to book one and they were pretty expensive so we found a beautician that works on men and women and we are going together on Saturday to get hour long hot rocks massages and pedicures.  Crafty  people might be able to make their own blend of massage oil and perform the pampering themselves? 

The naughty rat though still fronted up with two beautiful japanese sake cups on valentine's day though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Strawberry Shortcake In A Jar
How to Make Red Velvet Cookies
How to Make Salted Caramels at Home
How To Make Chocolate Holiday Bark
Chocolate-Toffee-Oatmeal Drop Cookie Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...