A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fiber Friday 3/21/08  (Read 5481 times)
Tags for this thread: fiber_friday  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beatofadragon

just making the world better one stich at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008 01:24:26 PM »

omg can one of you come to my house and teach me how to do that. i use so much yarn i should know how by now
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hey check out my tiny etsy shop

www.beatofadragon.etsy.com

btw i'm lookin to start making soap if there are any suggestions someone has for me please don't hesitate.
phantomssiren

Life's Too Short To Follow Patterns

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008 01:25:16 PM »

Jazzturtle- Those yarns spun from the Loop spontaneous batts are just glorious! I love the one with the money especially.

Artsygirl- the yarn you spun up from the Chocolate Liquor batt is amazing! I doubt I could ever spin that fine!

I only have the one this week, this is 'Time Vortex One' spun from Loop's Indigo Inspiration batt.

117yards of fingering weight (both a yardage and wieght record for me) that took weeks to spin on my drop spindle. And thats only from 1.5ounces! I have half the batt yet to spin.

But I don't want to spin any more of that since I have this beautiful spontaneous batt staring at me, waiting to be spun. Its Sweeney Todd in batt form!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beatofadragon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008 01:27:30 PM »

wait can you just dye yarn that has already been spun or not?? like cuz i have alot of white yarn and i hate white. ohh and btw i love your sweeny todd wool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

btw i'm lookin to start making soap if there are any suggestions someone has for me please don't hesitate.
adriennec
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008 01:41:26 PM »

Oh my gosh.  I love Loop!  I have one of her batts that I am waiting to spin...  But the spontaneous batt-yarns are just gorgeous!  So tempting.  So so sooo tempting.

And I loooove the Sweeney Todd batt.  It will make amazing yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pmpknpunk
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008 01:43:07 PM »

wait can you just dye yarn that has already been spun or not?? like cuz i have alot of white yarn and i hate white. ohh and btw i love your sweeny todd wool.

Of Course You Can!!!!! You can easily use kool aid!!! Check the Dying board for more info!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beatofadragon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008 01:45:35 PM »

Of Course You Can!!!!! You can easily use kool aid!!! Check the Dying board for more info!

well i thought you could but i just wantted to check and make sure. thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008 02:04:36 PM »

Oh my, if I were to wist every beautiful yarn I love on this board my wist would thousands entries long with 90% of it being homespun yarn all of you create.  "Aqua Lagoon" and "Time Vortex One" will soon be next.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jazzturtle
Every breath is Healing...

Life is better with jazz!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008 03:07:45 PM »

Oh my gosh.  I love Loop!  I have one of her batts that I am waiting to spin...  But the spontaneous batt-yarns are just gorgeous!  So tempting.  So so sooo tempting.

Steph is the best.  She still is taking members of her Spontaneous batt of the Month club.. It's so great to know one is coming each month!!!  Smiley

Jazzturtle- Those yarns spun from the Loop spontaneous batts are just glorious! I love the one with the money especially.

I only have the one this week, this is 'Time Vortex One' spun from Loop's Indigo Inspiration batt.

Thanks.. it was a super funs spin!!  I can't wait to crochet it into a big funky shawl!!

I have indigo insperation at home.. You've inspired me to bring it to the top of my spinning list Smiley

Lufah.. Please come over and play with me!! my fiancee thinks I'm nuts.. I'm jealous you have a lufahsman who spins with you..  jazzsman is downstairs watching the basketball games.. LOL!!!

xo
esther

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop-  Lots of Handspun yarn and Fun Fiber Batts!
http://Jazzturtle.etsy.com

Ravelry Group:
http://www.ravelry.com/groups/jazzturtle-creates

Flickr photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jazzturtle/

My thoughts and processes..
http://jazzturtlecreations.blogspot.com
CrochetNinja
Meow

My ravelry username is CitrusFruits!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2008 03:09:07 PM »

This is my first time posting my handspun in fiber friday.  My roving for this came in the mail a few hours ago, and I have started spinning it today.  I bought it from Here. Here it is  Grin :

Obviously, I still have more to spin.  I think I'm going to make it into a bag once I'm done.  I love the lemonade-y colors.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008 03:10:14 PM by CrochetNinja » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
My  Ravlery username is Citrus fruits!
"Anywhere is walking distance if you have the time"
-Steven Wright
LindsayLuu
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008 03:37:49 PM »

I skipped last week, and I have a few to show you now.  I never seem to have the yarn dried and photographed by friday! 
This one is called Liberty.  It is hand dyed mill ends blended (with dog brushes) with mohair.  I decided I don't really like working with mohair, it comes out scratchy for me. 83 yards, worsted weight

Next we have Goldilocks, overspun single, handdyed merino.  116 yards, thick and thin

This one is Starry Night, hand dyed mill ends with black thread and gold beads.  36 yards, thick and thin.

Lastly for today, October.  Fiber batt from an etsy seller, plied with clear thread and beads

I've been working on a bunch of 2 and 3 ply yarns, but like I said none of them are photographed yet. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about Flash Waves Hot Shoe Radio Slaves
Learn about Pocketwizard Transceiver Caddy
Learn about Custom Brackets Gimbal Rotator
How to Obtain a White Balance on the Canon EOS Cameras
How to Use Sekonic Light meters
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...