A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fiber Friday 3/21/08  (Read 5421 times)
Tags for this thread: fiber_friday  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

isamax
« on: March 20, 2008 09:24:58 PM »

Two weeks ago I finally bought Intertwined.  Here are my inspired yarns...

My first try at adding pom poms. The four pom poms were handmade from my scrap stash.
It was also my first try at wrapping my single with thread, although you cant see it in this picture.

My first try at spinning with fabric with uncarded locks.

My first core spun with uncarded locks.

Off white combed top, copper mohair locks, and several different fabrics.

Another in my Christmas series.

Lastly, hell yea I recycle! Super scrap coils!
I have been saving all my yarn scraps that were at least 12 long for past 6 yrs. About once a year I would spend a day tying them together never sure what I was going to with them. It was so much fun spinning this yarn and watching what yarn of projects past would be uncovered next on the giant ball!
1 of 3 scrap series

« Last Edit: March 21, 2008 06:22:09 AM by isamax » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ba Ba Booey
.:dollface:.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008 09:54:56 PM »

wow! they are all so nice! i love the off white one!

was it hard to spin pom-poms into the yarn?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
alumberjack8

mango spearmint?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008 10:03:10 PM »

i'm pretty sure it would be a total blastyblast to knit a scarf or mittens with the scrap ball of yarn..i'm so envious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

la la love you!
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008 10:17:26 PM »

I am clueless about spinning - so I have an immense appreciation of those who do.  All of these are so pretty, but I am most intrigued by the one with the fabric in it, and the last one.  What a great idea, and a fun yarn.  I'd LOVE to work with either of them.  I bet they would make deliciously interesting projects.

Also, the first one is so pretty.  I love the colors and the way it shines. 

Very nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kcartwright856
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008 10:42:15 PM »

I love the scrap yarn ball!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Snowberrylime
Glued to the spinning wheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008 05:31:48 AM »

That scrap yarn is huge! Very impressive!

I haven't participated in a while so here is an update:

Part one of my new boys toys series: Cars (next is tools)

Blue princess featuring 4 different colours of sequins and other shiny things:

A self-striping 2 ply yarn made from plant dyed wool:

Liquid gold, an old favourite of mine which I have spun again, pure hand dyed tussah silk:

Purple sea monster, mainly bues and greens but little bits of purple on Merino/silk (50/50):

Steppenwüste, a fun yarn made from Leicester locks, green cotton, 2 types of linen and hemp:

...and last but not least something a little different to my usual yarns, the Queen of Acid punk, a really bright 2ply yarn with coils:

Plus there are a few yet to be photographed, which could all be classed as 'Ultimate luxury'.... sparkly, silky and fluffy!

Bye,
Veronika
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008 05:32:37 AM by Snowberrylime » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cloudlover

I should be spinning...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008 05:44:41 AM »

This week I get to show off some hand-dyed handspun (you can see pics of the dyed roving here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=234418.0!) Yay!  They are all singles so far, all done on my drop spindle:

This was from a green & yellow corriedale roving I painted, about 60 yards, avg. worsted weight:

Another one i painted, which I named Amazon, for obvious reasons!  Also avg worsted weight, 77 yards:

Here is a sample-sized LOOP batt (Ribbon Dance) spun up into light worsted/DK- 50 yards- words can't describe how beautiful this stuff is!!

And one more- from Copperpot Woolies (Beyond the Realm), a nice fat merino, 101 yards:

Snuggling yarns! (They're all green- can you tell spring is on my mind?)

I can't wait to do more this weekend!  Hooray!  I have *got* to try that scrap yarn! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pmpknpunk
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008 05:48:25 AM »

WOW your corespun looks amazing!!! I love the scrap ball too, so, so fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RepoRebo
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008 06:42:40 AM »

Yay Friday!! Snowberrylime, I'm especially loving yours. I have a few to share this week, plus some batts and a new project featuring my handspun.

First up is Wupatki II, a custom repeat of one of my favorite candystriped singles that sold on my etsy shop. This is my own hand dyed millends wool, merino, and some ingeo (cornsilk) dyed by dragoncraft on etsy.

And this one is a crazy-carded blend of all sorts of stuff; hot pink lincoln locks, natural undyed romney locks, mohair, millends wool, silk, sparkle, and best of all--plastic easter basket straw! It is suuuuuuper bulky.

This is a two-ply yarn spun from merino dyed by the Yarn Wench. I spun one ply with some light blue and neon green mohair locks.

These are batts I blended on my drum carder--a mix of my own hand dyed millends wool, bright yellow superwash, a touch of red merino, and lots of gold firestar nylon. I am so in love with these I haven't been able to spin them yet!

And finally, I started a log cabin blanket using my handspun. I really need to put that handspun stash to good use, so I thought why not?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2008 06:47:05 AM by RepoRebo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

isamax
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008 07:51:18 AM »

was it hard to spin pom-poms into the yarn?

The only hard part was getting the big pom poms through my wheels small oriface!  I actually made sevreal more but got frustrated trying to push/pull them through!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ba Ba Booey
Ekioart
Queen of Procrastination

Working on it....No Really, I am......sorta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008 08:18:06 AM »

The scrap yarn is sooooo cool! I bet it was a blast to make ^=^

I finally finished the blue fabric yarn. It's thinner than the others I've done and surprisingly it's only 40yards (give or take)

Today I'm taking on dying some roving with my toddlers! Should prove interesting ^-~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm bringing sexy back, I think I dropped it somewhere between the donut shop and the Cheesecake Factory.

My etsy shop
http://Ekioart.etsy.com
My Wists!
http://www.wists.com/Ekioart
I blather on about stuff here.
http://ekioart.blogspot.com/
3littlechicks
Mom to minions

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008 08:52:30 AM »

I like the plant dyed one! The cars are cute too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jazzturtle
Every breath is Healing...

Life is better with jazz!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008 09:09:08 AM »

Greetings from the frozen North!  I'm up in Minneapolis this weekend for our first wedding shower..  and it's snowing like CRAZY!!  now I've been in NC for 4 years.. so my thick skin has gotten MUCH thinner.. and holy cow.. it's cold!!  It's spring in NC!!  We have flowers blooming!

Soooo.. that brings me to my first set of yarns.. From the Feb installment of Zen String FOTM club..  It's the softest Merino I have ever felt.  
The first is a soft spun, low twist single..    *i took the pics before i set the twist, so it's a bit kinkier than it is now*
April Showers
2 oz, 72 yards

Then, with the other 3 oz, I spun an energized thick and thin single with a touch of  gold angelina, then I plied it with gold metallic thread and silk flowers.  I LOVE how it turned out!
May Flowers
3 oz, 85 yards

Together

I spun up my first installment of Loop's spontaneous batt of the month club.  This was one of the most amazing batts I have ever seen!  It was bamboo, alpaca, mohair, corriedale, merino, tussah silk in shades of coppers, browns, greens with greenish/copperish angelina, copper sequins and SHREDDED MONEY!!  I added a few snippets of novelty yarn from my scrapbooking stash, and it turned out AMAZING!!  
Copper Pennies

I spun up another Spontaneous Loop batt.. This one is golds, oranges, yellows with purple silk noils.  It was just amazing to see the purple pop!!  There's of course sequins, angelina and some more novelty yarn in this as well.  I'm not sure the exact fibers, but I know there's merino, bamboo and alpaca.. probally some tussah silk as well.
Royalty
4 oz, 114 yards

This is Nebula, 2 oz, 43.5 yards of loose cotswold locks and a touch of angelina for sparkle

And this one is Intertwined Inspired..  I spun a thick/thin single, and let a metallic gold thread wrap around, then I plied the single with coils and beehives around a metallic red therad.
Lava Flow
83 yards, 3 oz  -  Corridale, BFL and sparkles

I also spun up half of a Lexi Pluckyfluff batt and made some cool supercoil necklaces

I strung up some felt beads as necklaces as well.  I think I'm going to make these and the supercoil necklaces as gifts for the ladies that are throwing the showers for us

I'm off to play in the snow!! Happy friday everyone!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008 09:12:12 AM by jazzturtle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop-  Lots of Handspun yarn and Fun Fiber Batts!
http://Jazzturtle.etsy.com

Ravelry Group:
http://www.ravelry.com/groups/jazzturtle-creates

Flickr photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jazzturtle/

My thoughts and processes..
http://jazzturtlecreations.blogspot.com
urbanchic1212
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008 09:13:49 AM »

ooo i love the black and white felt bead necklace on the wire. felt beads are so cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

reality is for people lacking an imagination.
dragonflyducky
easily distracted

ooooooooh!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008 10:09:23 AM »

You guys are all so inspiring! I usually make yarn that is fairly simple because that is what I prefer to knit with, but I now realize that it's pretty fun to make some different kinds of yarn. I still need to loosen up a bit Wink

Sunrise Bulky thick superwash singles plied with thin wool yarn.

Berries- just a thick single from handpainted roving hand dyed by Lapoli.

Dark Forest- handpainted superwash roving, navajo plied.

Bride of Frankenstein-Thick and thin singles spun from a carded batt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

inle_rah
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008 10:10:36 AM »

Great stuff, everybody.

I only have 1 yarn for this week.  I call it "Dream Come True" after the hybrid tea rose variety that inspired the colors.

This is more of the faux cashmere, which I dyed in shades of red, pink, peach and yellow, and plied with metallic gold filment.

Colorwise, I apparently skipped spring and went right from winter into summer.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

about me
my wists
Ravelry
My Etsy
Personal swaps?  Yes, please.
Lufah
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008 10:48:12 AM »

Jazzturtle, can I come over to your house and play yarn with you?  Smiley

Only one skein this week.  Handdyed superwash called 3D:

5 5/8 ounces, 364 yards, navaho plied.  This is about how thin the single was:

And another photo, just because this was kind of the yarn of pain and angst (it broke my soul, a little bit):

Also, some FOs from handspun.  The first is a hat I made out of some of Lufahsman's fluffy BFL/silk yarn.

Here's a hat knit out of some of my corespun yarn (so soft!  so fluffy!):

And finally the scarf I wove using the fun handspun with the fabric scraps in it:

The fabric scrap one was really fun to do, and I'm looking forward to playing more with incorporating fabric scraps into my handspun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.yarnzombie.net - http://twitter.com/Yarnzombie
Flickr fun: http://www.flickr.com/photos/yarnzombie/
Photographyblog - http://www.craftbangboom.com/
My Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5363840
Will swap yarn/fiber/fabric for Polaroid/slide/120/weird film!  PM me
artsygal

Come see my yarns!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008 12:36:42 PM »

I have 2 yarns this week. The first one I finished over the weekend. It's a 100% bamboo batt from Loop..

3 oz of bamboo ended up at approximately 960 yards, so yeah.. it's a very fine laceweight and I LURVE it.

The other is a 4 oz braid of superwash merino that had been sitting in my shop stock for quite a while, so I decided to spin it up. The colours aren't exactly my sorta thing since I'm not a pinks and purples sort of person. But I'm sure somewhere I'll find someone who loves it. After so much time concentrating on the bamboo, I wanted some super easy mindless spinning - which for me is a 3 ply sock yarn. That's the weight my fingers and wheel want to spin when I'm on auto pilot.

First the bobbins..

And the yarn..

I think I can see something adorably cute made for a baby girl out of this. Maybe a floppy hat with a ruffled brim.. or even a baby suprise jacket. I may just save it for someday in the future when my sister decides to pop out a baby.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handpaints by Artsygal - a collection of unique and inspired handpainted yarns - is now open for business! Visit www.artsygal.net to see my yarns for yourself!
pmpknpunk
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008 12:45:40 PM »

I took an amazing Fiber Dying class last weekend and had a chance to dye:
4 oz Merino Roving

4 oz of Alpaca Fiber...

...Which I spun into this! 1 Skein, 2 Ply 100 Yards

And finally "Grape Seeds" 3 two ounce skeins of singles I spun white and then dyed after at the class:

I was on vacation last Friday so these are from the last two weeks (besides the ones from the class!) Smiley

"Clown Shoes" Unknown Yardage, 2 ply Mill Ends I hand dyed

"So Sari Charlie" 3 Skeins from Merino, Bamboo, Firestar, and Sari Silk I carded together, Plied with an Opalescent thread, Yardage Unknown

"Aqua Lagoon" The Single Ply is 133 Yards and the 2 Ply is 36 Yards, Mill Ends I hand Dyed. I plan to use them together with the 2 ply as trim!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

colorlessblue
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008 01:11:40 PM »

And another photo, just because this was kind of the yarn of pain and angst (it broke my soul, a little bit)

whyyy? it's adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd rather be a climbing ape than a falling angel."
Terry Pratchett
http://colorlessblue.blogspot.com/
beatofadragon

just making the world better one stich at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008 01:24:26 PM »

omg can one of you come to my house and teach me how to do that. i use so much yarn i should know how by now
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hey check out my tiny etsy shop

www.beatofadragon.e tsy.com

btw i'm lookin to start making soap if there are any suggestions someone has for me please don't hesitate.
phantomssiren

Life's Too Short To Follow Patterns

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008 01:25:16 PM »

Jazzturtle- Those yarns spun from the Loop spontaneous batts are just glorious! I love the one with the money especially.

Artsygirl- the yarn you spun up from the Chocolate Liquor batt is amazing! I doubt I could ever spin that fine!

I only have the one this week, this is 'Time Vortex One' spun from Loop's Indigo Inspiration batt.

117yards of fingering weight (both a yardage and wieght record for me) that took weeks to spin on my drop spindle. And thats only from 1.5ounces! I have half the batt yet to spin.

But I don't want to spin any more of that since I have this beautiful spontaneous batt staring at me, waiting to be spun. Its Sweeney Todd in batt form!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beatofadragon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008 01:27:30 PM »

wait can you just dye yarn that has already been spun or not?? like cuz i have alot of white yarn and i hate white. ohh and btw i love your sweeny todd wool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

btw i'm lookin to start making soap if there are any suggestions someone has for me please don't hesitate.
adriennec
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008 01:41:26 PM »

Oh my gosh.  I love Loop!  I have one of her batts that I am waiting to spin...  But the spontaneous batt-yarns are just gorgeous!  So tempting.  So so sooo tempting.

And I loooove the Sweeney Todd batt.  It will make amazing yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pmpknpunk
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008 01:43:07 PM »

wait can you just dye yarn that has already been spun or not?? like cuz i have alot of white yarn and i hate white. ohh and btw i love your sweeny todd wool.

Of Course You Can!!!!! You can easily use kool aid!!! Check the Dying board for more info!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beatofadragon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008 01:45:35 PM »

Of Course You Can!!!!! You can easily use kool aid!!! Check the Dying board for more info!

well i thought you could but i just wantted to check and make sure. thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008 02:04:36 PM »

Oh my, if I were to wist every beautiful yarn I love on this board my wist would thousands entries long with 90% of it being homespun yarn all of you create.  "Aqua Lagoon" and "Time Vortex One" will soon be next.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jazzturtle
Every breath is Healing...

Life is better with jazz!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008 03:07:45 PM »

Oh my gosh.  I love Loop!  I have one of her batts that I am waiting to spin...  But the spontaneous batt-yarns are just gorgeous!  So tempting.  So so sooo tempting.

Steph is the best.  She still is taking members of her Spontaneous batt of the Month club.. It's so great to know one is coming each month!!!  Smiley

Jazzturtle- Those yarns spun from the Loop spontaneous batts are just glorious! I love the one with the money especially.

I only have the one this week, this is 'Time Vortex One' spun from Loop's Indigo Inspiration batt.

Thanks.. it was a super funs spin!!  I can't wait to crochet it into a big funky shawl!!

I have indigo insperation at home.. You've inspired me to bring it to the top of my spinning list Smiley

Lufah.. Please come over and play with me!! my fiancee thinks I'm nuts.. I'm jealous you have a lufahsman who spins with you..  jazzsman is downstairs watching the basketball games.. LOL!!!

xo
esther

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop-  Lots of Handspun yarn and Fun Fiber Batts!
http://Jazzturtle.etsy.com

Ravelry Group:
http://www.ravelry.com/groups/jazzturtle-creates

Flickr photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jazzturtle/

My thoughts and processes..
http://jazzturtlecreations.blogspot.com
CrochetNinja
Meow

My ravelry username is CitrusFruits!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2008 03:09:07 PM »

This is my first time posting my handspun in fiber friday.  My roving for this came in the mail a few hours ago, and I have started spinning it today.  I bought it from Here. Here it is  Grin :

Obviously, I still have more to spin.  I think I'm going to make it into a bag once I'm done.  I love the lemonade-y colors.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008 03:10:14 PM by CrochetNinja » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
My  Ravlery username is Citrus fruits!
"Anywhere is walking distance if you have the time"
-Steven Wright
LindsayLuu
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008 03:37:49 PM »

I skipped last week, and I have a few to show you now.  I never seem to have the yarn dried and photographed by friday! 
This one is called Liberty.  It is hand dyed mill ends blended (with dog brushes) with mohair.  I decided I don't really like working with mohair, it comes out scratchy for me. 83 yards, worsted weight

Next we have Goldilocks, overspun single, handdyed merino.  116 yards, thick and thin

This one is Starry Night, hand dyed mill ends with black thread and gold beads.  36 yards, thick and thin.

Lastly for today, October.  Fiber batt from an etsy seller, plied with clear thread and beads

I've been working on a bunch of 2 and 3 ply yarns, but like I said none of them are photographed yet. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrochetNinja
Meow

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2008 04:10:56 PM »

LindsayLuu, I love how colorful they all are!  My favorite is Goldilocks.  It is like a happy ray of sunshine  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
-Steven Wright
HunterJumper33
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2008 04:17:49 PM »

love love love

i just have one this week, i already started knitting it before i took a picture of it  Roll Eyes oh well about 350 yard of merino and silk:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop Rosemary Lane Design: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RosemaryLaneDesign
thatcraftyrabbit

This bunny is crafty!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2008 05:25:50 PM »

Everyone has made such beautiful yarn!!!! I am so envious! Keep up the good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
froggyfibers

Ribbit Ribbit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2008 06:08:37 PM »

Very inspiring yarns today. Love the boy toy yarn from Snowberrylime and tons others.  Grin

I always miss the fiber friday boat but not today!

I don't have any names but the left 2 are basic 2 plies of three different colors and the right one is a coil yarn. The one on the far right was supposed to be textured 2 ply but it decided otherwise. Neat facts: the orange one is dense at about 5 1/2 ounces and the far right one is only 18 yards. Really have to love the effort put into spinning some length of yarn and watching it shrink back up.  Wink That one reminds me of blossoms especially with our annual Cherry Blossom festival around the corner.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lufah
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2008 06:24:04 PM »

And another photo, just because this was kind of the yarn of pain and angst (it broke my soul, a little bit)

whyyy? it's adorable!

Oh, just because it was a yarn I should have paced myself on spinning, and instead I rushed it and made it less fun to spin.  Sometimes I get all pushy with my handspun, and I need to remember that I am *not* having a yarnmergency.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.yarnzombie.net - http://twitter.com/Yarnzombie
Flickr fun: http://www.flickr.com/photos/yarnzombie/
Photographyblog - http://www.craftbangboom.com/
My Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5363840
Will swap yarn/fiber/fabric for Polaroid/slide/120/weird film!  PM me
CrochetNinja
Meow

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2008 06:25:37 PM »

I really love the coil yarn!  It is so pretty.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
-Steven Wright
Marlana
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2008 07:56:50 PM »

I feel like I say the same thing every week but the yarn is, again, beautiful.   I was lazy this week and sat on the couch watching movies and knitting, no spinning.  But I'll have something next week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2008 08:06:22 PM »

bright crawlers-150 yds-BFL wool from sakina needle, silk hankies from sakina needles
filled with "granny stacks" as described in "intertwined" by lexi boeger

hooray! i remembered fiber friday!!!

WIPs:

spin more alpaca for my buttony sweater http://www.ohmystars.net/craft/knitting/pbuttony.html

figure out what to do with these batts that maiziemama sent me:

GORGEOUS! any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2008 08:13:10 PM »

This is my first time posting my handspun in fiber friday.  My roving for this came in the mail a few hours ago, and I have started spinning it today.  I bought it from Here. Here it is  Grin :

Obviously, I still have more to spin.  I think I'm going to make it into a bag once I'm done.  I love the lemonade-y colors.

aw, yay!! so great to see someone spinning something I dyed! Grin

I'll post my new stuff in a mo.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008 08:14:34 PM by the noodle princess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2008 08:34:51 PM »

sweet, sweet yarnies everyone!

I have been busy this week.

sharkbait-merino with angelina and coils:

Early dawn -2 ply superwash merino

This is from a moustacherides batt. There is so much different stuff in here, it was crazy fun to spin!

and a couple rovings I dyed,
seascape -organic wool:

nature girl -BFL:

and I just got my own drum carder!! so excited!  Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
astryd
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2008 12:53:02 AM »

I am a little late, lovely yarns this week as usual!

Only managed to snap a few pictures of one yarn today - spun a few others. Was busy dyeing easter eggs!

Cold Fire
Hand dyed superwash merino
Thick and thin, about 9-6 WPI
Spun to stripe - blue, black, red orange
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008 01:12:51 AM by astryd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrochetNinja
Meow

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2008 06:50:09 AM »

the noodle princess-I really like the yarn that is from a moustacherides batt!  It is so colorful and fun.  Cheesy

astryd-Your yarns look wonderful.  The blue one reminds me of the sky.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
-Steven Wright
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jennifer Weiner Talks About Best Friends Forever
Jenny Gardiner Talks About Winging it
Farai Chideya Reveals Where She Would Like to Be
Meet Author Stephen King
Meet Writer Blair Underwood
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...