A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Not positive, but not negative?  (Read 3783 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008 01:17:59 PM »

I have organized several swaps and have never had someone ask NOT to be paired up with another participant, so it doesn't seem to happen that often.

On the other hand, I have asked to not be paired with someone, not because I didn't like her or her work, but because we were always signing up for the same swaps and had been partnered together a few times already. I thought it was time for us both to branch out a bit. Cheesy

If there's someone in particular that you wish to not be partnered with for whatever reason, I think it's much nicer to pm the organizer before signups end. That way there is no chance of hurt feelings, and it saves the organizer the trouble of re-assigning partners.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
brideOFkniterstein

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008 07:09:25 AM »

ok, so where exactly is the help desk? excuse my ignorance, or i might have read over it.

thanks

eta: ok, i found it. how do i state my grievances?
i don't want to go on there and bitch, but i really feel heart-broken to what was done. how do i compose the "ticket"?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008 07:12:51 AM by brideOFkniterstein » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down with Personal Swaps
My Wist

BRIDES-TO-BE: i have wedding stuff i would love to swap away. pm me for list of items!
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008 07:14:57 AM »

If you have a swap related issue, just include the facts as you know them. Make sure to provide any links or copies of PMs that will help the answering mod to understand your issue. We'll do the best we can to help sort things out.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
brideOFkniterstein

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008 07:38:01 AM »

If you have a swap related issue, just include the facts as you know them. Make sure to provide any links or copies of PMs that will help the answering mod to understand your issue. We'll do the best we can to help sort things out.  Smiley

thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down with Personal Swaps
My Wist

BRIDES-TO-BE: i have wedding stuff i would love to swap away. pm me for list of items!
SpottedFrog
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008 09:44:31 PM »

I've voted for a Neutral before & I'll continue to vote for it.

I've been in a couple swaps in a row with a person that has shown some less than fantastic habits (not item quality). It would be mighty nice if as an organizer I could give a Neutral for poor communication, late sending & such.

I know,yeah, yeah, dead horse & all that. I think a lot of peole DO feel the same but are afraid of saying so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008 06:00:41 AM »

You can't give them neutral, but you can put comments in their feedback about the issues you had with them. Also, next time you organize a swap, you may want to specify that you may not allow people to sign up if they have several comments in their feedback about poor communication, late sending, etc. If this same person tries to sign up for a swap you are running again, it is perfectly within your rights to send her a pm saying, "I'm sorry, but due to your history of poor communication and late sending, I am not going to allow you to sign up for this round."

Positive feedback with comments about poor performance is practically the same thing as a neutral, if you ask me. It's all up to the organizers to give accurate and fair feedback, and for prospective organizers to really check someone's comments to make sure that they are the type of swapper they'd like to have join their swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
SpottedFrog
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008 06:49:24 AM »

The real dilema is how to phrase it:
"lazy communicator" "poor PM habits" "PM's only when reminded" "you will have to PM this person for all the info you need out of them"

All these just look bitchy to me, but they all fit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008 08:35:23 AM »

"lazy communicator" "poor PM habits" "PM's only when reminded" "you will have to PM this person for all the info you need out of them"

I think as long as you report the facts without appearing biased, you are on the right track. "Poor PM habits" and "PM's only when reminded" are fine, where "lazy communicator" and "you will have to PM this person for all the info you need out of them" seem a little more emotionally charged and should probably be avoided. "Poor communication" or "little or no communication" would also probably work in this case.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008 08:46:32 AM »

I think as long as you report the facts without appearing biased, you are on the right track. "Poor PM habits" and "PM's only when reminded" are fine, where "lazy communicator" and "you will have to PM this person for all the info you need out of them" seem a little more emotionally charged and should probably be avoided. "Poor communication" or "little or no communication" would also probably work in this case.

Agreed! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
gavagai
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008 02:47:14 PM »

I don't really like phrasings like "PM's only when reminded" , since that seems to imply that that is a characteristic that the person always have. All we know is what the person was like in that particular swap, so I would prefer something like "PMed only when reminded" in that case. But maybe I am only marking words here... or rather marking tenses.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Earrings - Basic Earrings
How to Make Earrings
How to Refashion Jewelry
Jewelry Care Tips - Cleaning Our Jewelry
Jewelry Care Tips - Assessing the Security of Your Jewelry
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...