A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Feminists are Awesome Swap Gallery!  (Read 6563 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redidin
Interstitial Hitchhiker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008 09:22:46 AM »

thanks you guys! Actually I used to make and sell those t-shirts. I have a bunch still lying around with different names of feminist icons of all sorts. I called the collection "feminist fanclub".

That's AWESOME--you should post pics!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2008 05:13:17 PM »

Oh wow, how did I miss this gallery? Awesome stuff so far!

That woodchuck journal is absolutely amazing. Really well done and I love the hilarious end sheets!!

I love all the little mini scrapbook pages and quote books, too... what a nice idea and you can tell people put a lot of thought into them.

The homemade Bikini Kill shirt is cool, too! I forgot about making your own band t-shirts. I always have ideas for quotes from songs and stuff to put on shirts but then when it comes time to make something I draw a blank.

Nice job, everybody! I sent my package on Friday, so hopefully it will get there soon. I'm a little nervous about it though after seeing everyone's awesome stuff.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Martine
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008 08:36:53 AM »

I love that cross stitch!  It looks so domestic and docile and then you look closer and it's awesome and feministy.  It's really well done, too!

I hope millik likes my package!  It should be there soon Smiley

Editing to add photos of the package I just got from millik!!

First, a fucking bad ass apron.  I love to bake, but with an apron that's embroidered with Betty Dodson's face, I doubt I'll get people telling me I'm being domestic!  She even has little bead "earrings" sewn on!  I love it!

Second, an equally awesome pillow.  Not only is it in my favorite colors, not only does it have a uterus on it, but the uterus has a moustache.  Superb!

Third, a happy/sad uterus pin set.  So everyone knows what my uterus is feeling like.  Soon to make many appearances on my purse/jacket.

Fourth, and god I love this one, it's so clever--A little package of stickers.  The case, perfect size for sticking in my purse to have at the ready for whenever I need them:

And what's inside?

Lastly, she also included a zine that she and her friend made for a menstrual workshop--I love menstrual activism and alternative menstruation, so it's awesome that we have that in common and this zine is lookin' sweet to boot!

Thank you so much for everything, millik.  It's all so beautiful, creative, and well-made!  Also, millik noticed that I like to use recycled and repurposed materials, so she made all the items without buying any materials besides what she already had, which I love.  How thoughtful!  What a great swap!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008 01:15:47 PM by Martine » THIS ROCKS   Logged

millik

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008 08:45:18 PM »

Hooray! I'm so glad you liked everything, Martine. We both got our packages from each other today and I will post pics of what I received in just a bit. In case you missed it, though, scroll up because Martine edited the post she had from earlier to include the stuff I sent!

I just have to add one close-up of the embroidered Betty Dodson portrait I did for the apron with a comparison of the photo I used to draw the caricature. I tried to capture her squinty eyes, the hair color, and the pearly earrings. You can see it is not a striking resemblence really, but I think that for a non-artist it is at least a decent try Tongue

More photos in just a few minutes!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

millik

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008 09:03:52 PM »

I got the most awesome package from Martine in the mail today! I had kind of a crappy day at work, and this package was just what I needed to bring me back down to earth.

First, a group shot:

My loot includes, a really sweet handbound journal, a zine made by her group at college, a zipper pouch that says "cunt" on the back in iron on letters, four super-cool 1" buttons and 3 delicious looking pink lollipops she just had lying around the house and thought I would enjoy. (Good call, my friend.)

The journal is absolutely amazing. She quilted fabrics together for the cover and ironed on letters that read "keep on livin" ... the name of a really great le tigre song. Inside, the journal is made with some incredible papers up-cycled from old notebooks. She stamped lyrics from the song throughout the book in various spots. Here are a couple of my favorite pages:

Here is a close-up of zipper pouch. Unfortunately the picture I took of the back didn't turn out, but here you can see how big it is and the colors of the zippers. It is the perfect size and I'm mesmerized by all the zippers. I just sat and opened and closed them all for a while.

And last but not least, here's a close-up of my favorite button! I suppose it could be considered PG, so only follow the link if you're okay with that sort of thing.

Thanks for everything, Martine! This was a great swap Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitty club
old is the new new

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008 12:01:41 AM »

awesoem stuff! I particularly love the journal and zipper pouch! great job!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the mermaids in the basement came out to look at me
LauraCore
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008 05:00:53 AM »

Wow, everything looks so beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SteeelMagnolia

All things crafty are my love!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008 05:09:12 AM »

Wow!  Excellent loot for both of you!  That apron is kick-ass and I love the buttons, the zipper pouch, the notebook...EVERYTHING!

Both of you did fabulous crafty-goodness!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My BLOG: CRAFT THERAPY

My  ETSY

Art sets my soul free.
redidin
Interstitial Hitchhiker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008 10:04:20 AM »

So cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008 03:00:18 PM »

I looove that zipper pouch! And I have those vagina molds too-how awesome is that! Very cool. Are they chocolate or butterscotch?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Custom Shapes Part 1/2 - Apple Color
How to Use Custom Shapes Part 2/2 - Apple Color
How to Build Custom Color Looks - Apple Color
How to Use Final Cut Pro Part 1/4
How to Make a Particle Explosion Part 1/2 - Houdini Particles
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...