A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,178
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Feminists are Awesome Swap Gallery!  (Read 6926 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calluna
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008 03:39:08 PM »

Where on earth do you get those molds? Too freakin cool. I can imagine some very productive uses for those...("Now gentlemen, after observing a properly performed procedure you'll be practicing with this lab equipment ...") Cheesy

Also, really irrelevant question for people who aren't in the U.S.: I know you spell molds like that as moulds (I think Americans spell it that way about half the time), but do you also have that spelling for the fungus/mildew kind of "mold"? Just curious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
pixie5
lover of fabric, beads, and paint

keep on keepin' on

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008 04:54:26 PM »

Hi! i got my package from talyra yesterday, and i couldn't be more pleased!!

a sweet shirt

necklace and mirror

a kerchief

and voting pins!!

thanks so much sister!!
i hope you like your package just as much as i like mine!!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008 06:56:40 AM by pixie5 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

they could catch us, or they could kill us, but they can never crush our spirit

www.waterlizard.etsy.com
SteeelMagnolia

All things crafty are my love!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008 05:14:49 PM »

What an awesome package of goodies!  I love the mirror...doesn't that say it all!?!?!  Very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My BLOG: CRAFT THERAPY

My  ETSY

Art sets my soul free.
redidin
Interstitial Hitchhiker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008 10:52:41 PM »

I was feeling crummy today and ended up leaving work early. Lucky, as it turned out, because when I got home, I found a marvelous package from thejenya!

An awesome drawing of SuperGrrrl, my riot grrrl zinester superhero:

Knitting needles with caps, basic knitting instructions, and beautiful yarn (the photo really doesn't do it justice, especially the purple, which is gorgeous):

A cozy calorimetry (new word! yay!) "to keep in body heat and smarts":

A bangle decoupaged with pictures of both of our favorite female superheroes and villains (sorry 'bout the glare in the photos):

A Yorkie bar--which I was excited to discover, despite its label and my crazy food allergies, is safe for me to eat!!

And finally, what looked like a plain black journal (wrapped in the cool fabric it's sitting on)...

...but turned out to be a beautiful, hand-painted feminist workbook and journal! I wish I could post every page of this, but there are just too many, so here are a handful of highlights:

And the best swap gift of all is that I feel like I've found a long-lost sister--we seem to think that much alike! *glows*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitty club
old is the new new

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2008 12:05:52 AM »

GORGEOUS STUFF!! jenya, you are so good at drawing/sketching. I love the calorimetry, I HAVE to make one now, I'm so inspired!  Grin

Also, really irrelevant question for people who aren't in the U.S.: I know you spell molds like that as moulds (I think Americans spell it that way about half the time), but do you also have that spelling for the fungus/mildew kind of "mold"? Just curious.

I believe a mould is a mould but mold is just mold. It is not a word that changes like colour/color or recognise/recognize. Correct me if I'm wrong UK people.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the mermaids in the basement came out to look at me
the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2008 08:45:17 AM »

Yeeeaaah! I'm glad it made you feel better! The calorimetry looks great with your hair! And I'm glad you can eat the Yorkie bar. It seems exactly like some a girl would like: a chocolate bar filled with even MORE DENSE chocolate.

And I wrote down Riot Grrrl instead of Super Grrrl-I had been reading Trina Robbin's book on girls in comics.  Roll Eyes  The journal was really fun to make, in light of things, I wish I had written more myself like you did in mine but that's a job for journal #2! Cheesy I like how we both had playlists in there, even if we did not overlap on a single song or artist.

I think this is my most successful swap ever-friend wise and participant wise. Everything has been wonderful! Thank you so much, Redidin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2008 09:05:05 AM »

Oooh, more awesome stuff! talyra, I really like that star necklace you made and the shading on the shrinky dink pins give them a really neat effect.

jenya, your drawings are great and that journal is so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redidin
Interstitial Hitchhiker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2008 09:15:24 AM »

And I wrote down Riot Grrrl instead of Super Grrrl-I had been reading Trina Robbin's book on girls in comics.  Roll Eyes  The journal was really fun to make, in light of things, I wish I had written more myself like you did in mine but that's a job for journal #2! Cheesy

*hearts Trina SO hard*

Speaking of riot grrrls, I started a thread in the "theme ideas" board to gauge interest in a riot grrrl themed swap. This was my first swap, so I couldn't officially organize it, but if one of you more experienced swappers would like to step in...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008 02:26:29 PM »

Hehe, I'll have to think about it..

WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THIS! So I open my tape-laden box to see a Cat and Girl comic:

Wrapped in pretty black tulle were my wonderful gifts! A fucking fly bracelet that I can adjust to small or large, magnets featuring Guerilla Girls and comic book heros. The pink bag held two welded necklaces.

The Y: the Last Man featuring Yorick and Ampersand:

Plus the NSFW Agent 355:

Also enclosed were beautiful cards that only spectacularly awesome feminists will be allowed to receive!

The backs even said the name of the swap!

And at the bottom was the GIGANTIC item: a journal/politico-art zine that is even more like a discussion betwixt myself and redidin. Check out the gorgeous hand-made book!:

Inside were many quotes, anecdotes and things to ponder...along with three gorgeous bookmarks featuring Wonder Woman and Batgirl (that one already in a graphic novel).

Thank you so much, redidin, you have made me the happiest feminist! I wear my necklaces constantly and cannot wait to share more of the journal (my sade) with you soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
Knitty club
old is the new new

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2008 11:49:47 PM »

GREAT STUFF!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the mermaids in the basement came out to look at me
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chocolate Dipped Peanut-Coated Ice Cream Cones
Cherry-Hazelnut Scone Recipe
How to Make a Delicious Summer Trifle in Just 60 Seconds
How to Make a Chocolate Salami
How to Make Christmas Light Cookies
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...