A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
472 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Feminists are Awesome Swap Gallery!  (Read 7304 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LauraCore
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008 06:25:18 AM »

I showed her the book and picture. She was impressed and flattered. Now I'll get an A for sure. haha.

Also I'm glad you liked the cupcake! I winged the reciepe alot so I was nervous it would be icky.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008 07:48:15 AM »

Great package! Those coasters are a hoot and I love the colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
SteeelMagnolia

All things crafty are my love!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008 01:51:45 PM »

I can't wait to see all the goodies everyone crafted (and received)...y'all have me so excited to see your loot!  Hurry and post!

And thank you Jenya for a great (first) swap!  I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to join another.  Also, thanks again to LauraCore for being such a wonderful swap partner!  I loved all my goodies and now that I have an official "CRAFT ROOM", my beautiful cross stitch is facing me at my desk as I work on my newest creations.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My BLOG: CRAFT THERAPY

My  ETSY

Art sets my soul free.
the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008 02:44:04 PM »

I can't wait to see all the goodies everyone crafted (and received)...y'all have me so excited to see your loot!  Hurry and post!

And thank you Jenya for a great (first) swap!  I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to join another.  Also, thanks again to LauraCore for being such a wonderful swap partner!  I loved all my goodies and now that I have an official "CRAFT ROOM", my beautiful cross stitch is facing me at my desk as I work on my newest creations.  Cheesy

Thank you for being such a great first swapper, Steeelmags! It has been a pleasure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

calluna
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

wandering...

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008 09:30:16 PM »

I got my package from Kitty Club!! Here's a group shot:

There's a Bikini Kill t-shirt she made, wrist-warmers, lots of ephemeral goodies from continents other than mine  Smiley,  a cheeky magnet (I have one in a similar style, so now I have a set going!), fair-trade chocolates (mmmm...fair trade), and an aaaawesome book of collages. Those I'll need to scan individually for you to see; I'm so impressed. We decided to dabble in the "tip-in pages" that are enjoying some popularity in the papercrafters' world right now, and she bound hers all together for me.

The wrist-warmers:

And the action shot of "awesome"-ness:

(I want to retake this picture in better lighting and make it into a "real" photo)

So yes, I'll be posting again with detail of the book; I'm just not feeling up to it tonight.
Thanks so much to Knitty Club!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008 11:03:58 PM »

Oh my goodness! I went down to get my laundry and checked the mail closet--lo and behold my package from redidin was there (even though I did not have our ritualistic note in the mailbox to signify packages). I started to tear up, her package was so great! Everything was meaningful and heartfelt. Not to be trite but I feel like your sister. You will be pleasantly surprised with your package-although it is probably not punk rock enough.  Cheesy

I sincerely will put up photos--but maybe not until Monday, I leave in 4 hours (5am here) to go visit my possible grad school for touring/portfolio interview so I am of course, still packing and making last minute adjustments or ENTIRELY new drawings.

Thank you so much, Redidin! Actually,  I picked up the next item I thought it was the one you spent a lot of time on (I didn't read the note until the end) but the journal you made!!! So wonderful. Alright, enough gushing. PM me, people, I will have internet in the vast emptiness of New Hampshire but I will not be on a lot out of respect to my host.

I <3 WW and Y necklaces too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

LauraCore
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008 04:55:08 AM »

I WANT THAT BIKINI KILL SHIRT!!!!!! PLZ??!?!?

Haha. That is a really awesome package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SteeelMagnolia

All things crafty are my love!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008 05:08:22 AM »

Excellent work Kitty Club...and you lucky girl, calluna!  I love the Bikini Kill t-shirt, too!  Now I can't wait to see pages of the scrapbook/collage.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My BLOG: CRAFT THERAPY

My  ETSY

Art sets my soul free.
Knitty club
old is the new new

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008 05:28:06 AM »

thanks you guys! Actually I used to make and sell those t-shirts. I have a bunch still lying around with different names of feminist icons of all sorts. I called the collection "feminist fanclub".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the mermaids in the basement came out to look at me
redidin
Interstitial Hitchhiker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008 09:21:34 AM »

Aww--thank you so much, thejenya! I really wanted the package to be meaningful, especially as we talked more, and I'm so, so, so glad that you like it!!!

Yeah, the journal is the *big* part--I hope it makes for interesting plane reading as well as a good writing/art receptacle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shrimp Curry Recipe
Vegetarian Saag Aloo Recipe
Regional Chinese Food and Cooking
How to Cook Lemon Chicken
How to Make Dried Tofu Fried With Celery
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...