A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,364
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Feminists are Awesome Swap Gallery!  (Read 7734 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LauraCore
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008 06:25:18 AM »

I showed her the book and picture. She was impressed and flattered. Now I'll get an A for sure. haha.

Also I'm glad you liked the cupcake! I winged the reciepe alot so I was nervous it would be icky.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008 07:48:15 AM »

Great package! Those coasters are a hoot and I love the colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
SteeelMagnolia

All things crafty are my love!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008 01:51:45 PM »

I can't wait to see all the goodies everyone crafted (and received)...y'all have me so excited to see your loot!  Hurry and post!

And thank you Jenya for a great (first) swap!  I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to join another.  Also, thanks again to LauraCore for being such a wonderful swap partner!  I loved all my goodies and now that I have an official "CRAFT ROOM", my beautiful cross stitch is facing me at my desk as I work on my newest creations.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My BLOG: CRAFT THERAPY

My  ETSY

Art sets my soul free.
the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008 02:44:04 PM »

I can't wait to see all the goodies everyone crafted (and received)...y'all have me so excited to see your loot!  Hurry and post!

And thank you Jenya for a great (first) swap!  I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to join another.  Also, thanks again to LauraCore for being such a wonderful swap partner!  I loved all my goodies and now that I have an official "CRAFT ROOM", my beautiful cross stitch is facing me at my desk as I work on my newest creations.  Cheesy

Thank you for being such a great first swapper, Steeelmags! It has been a pleasure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

calluna
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

wandering...

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008 09:30:16 PM »

I got my package from Kitty Club!! Here's a group shot:

There's a Bikini Kill t-shirt she made, wrist-warmers, lots of ephemeral goodies from continents other than mine  Smiley,  a cheeky magnet (I have one in a similar style, so now I have a set going!), fair-trade chocolates (mmmm...fair trade), and an aaaawesome book of collages. Those I'll need to scan individually for you to see; I'm so impressed. We decided to dabble in the "tip-in pages" that are enjoying some popularity in the papercrafters' world right now, and she bound hers all together for me.

The wrist-warmers:

And the action shot of "awesome"-ness:

(I want to retake this picture in better lighting and make it into a "real" photo)

So yes, I'll be posting again with detail of the book; I'm just not feeling up to it tonight.
Thanks so much to Knitty Club!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This crafter is out of service most of the rest of 2015 due to a wild schedule. Feel free to contact me re personal swaps or just checking in. I'll be popping in when I can.
the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008 11:03:58 PM »

Oh my goodness! I went down to get my laundry and checked the mail closet--lo and behold my package from redidin was there (even though I did not have our ritualistic note in the mailbox to signify packages). I started to tear up, her package was so great! Everything was meaningful and heartfelt. Not to be trite but I feel like your sister. You will be pleasantly surprised with your package-although it is probably not punk rock enough.  Cheesy

I sincerely will put up photos--but maybe not until Monday, I leave in 4 hours (5am here) to go visit my possible grad school for touring/portfolio interview so I am of course, still packing and making last minute adjustments or ENTIRELY new drawings.

Thank you so much, Redidin! Actually,  I picked up the next item I thought it was the one you spent a lot of time on (I didn't read the note until the end) but the journal you made!!! So wonderful. Alright, enough gushing. PM me, people, I will have internet in the vast emptiness of New Hampshire but I will not be on a lot out of respect to my host.

I <3 WW and Y necklaces too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

LauraCore
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008 04:55:08 AM »

I WANT THAT BIKINI KILL SHIRT!!!!!! PLZ??!?!?

Haha. That is a really awesome package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SteeelMagnolia

All things crafty are my love!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008 05:08:22 AM »

Excellent work Kitty Club...and you lucky girl, calluna!  I love the Bikini Kill t-shirt, too!  Now I can't wait to see pages of the scrapbook/collage.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My BLOG: CRAFT THERAPY

My  ETSY

Art sets my soul free.
Knitty club
old is the new new

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008 05:28:06 AM »

thanks you guys! Actually I used to make and sell those t-shirts. I have a bunch still lying around with different names of feminist icons of all sorts. I called the collection "feminist fanclub".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the mermaids in the basement came out to look at me
redidin
Interstitial Hitchhiker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008 09:21:34 AM »

Aww--thank you so much, thejenya! I really wanted the package to be meaningful, especially as we talked more, and I'm so, so, so glad that you like it!!!

Yeah, the journal is the *big* part--I hope it makes for interesting plane reading as well as a good writing/art receptacle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Portrait Paintings by Fran Beallor
City Paintings by Fran Beallor
Artist Profile: Carolyn Oberst
Supervillain Origins: The Penguin
Crossing the Line Painting by Carolyn Oberst
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...