A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
712 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Feminists are Awesome Swap Gallery!  (Read 6476 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 19, 2008 02:35:55 PM »

Post 'em when you get 'em! Don't forget to PM me and your partner with the DC#!

Original Thread

Your name is Blue if you have sent.
Your name is Brown if you have received.
Your name is Orange if you have sent and received.
Your name is Green if you have received Feedback.
Your name is Red if you need to contact me ASAP!

pixie5<->talyra
Knitty club<->calluna
LauraCore<->SteeelMagnolia
Martine<->millik
redidin<->the jenya
number3legs<->Liralera
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008 08:09:37 PM by the jenya » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
SteeelMagnolia

All things crafty are my love!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008 05:43:32 PM »

Okay y'all (I'm southern, shoot me!)...prepare to be jealous!!!!

I had to go back to the hospital today for yet another CAT scan...so it's been a rough few weeks for me.  When I got home, full of barium and feeling cruddy, this is what was waiting at my doorstep for me:

OMG...I have never done a swap before and have been so looking forward to this moment.  I immediately felt better than I have in days...and I had to get in the house and dive into my package of pure goodness from the wonderful LauraCore:

Look at all the goodies!

Here's a pic of everything on display (and Laura, I oohed and ahhhed the entire time I unpacked it...while my wonderful hubby stood by saying "How cool" and "That's so 'you', baby" kind of things):

Now...a little at a time:

She must have known I LOVE tea...and how icky I'm feeling...cause here's some wonderful Earl Grey Tea.  Smiley

And she knows this woman has a sweet-tooth, too (and I LOVE cream cheese).  I love the top she put on it, too...."Don't assume I Cook!"  LOL  (Good one, Laura...I can't wait to dig in to it after dinner tonight. Wink )

FABULOUS Postcards!  I adore them and want to send them to my friends/sisters...but I also want to keep them for myself.  Oh, the dilemma!  Cheesy

"Not For Girls" candy (made by Nestle, just so you all know!)  OMG, can you believe this exists?  WOW!!!

A wonderful handmade/reconned "Woodchuck Journal"...just begging for me to get busy filling the pages...and a Woodchuck bookmark.  (She told me that "Woodchuck" is a term in her area used for vagina.  Cracks me up, I tell ya!)

The Woodchuck bookmark and inside of my Woodchuck Journal, showing the lining with all the hilarious vagina euphemisms!  I have read and laughed until my sides hurt...even more than they already did from my appendectomy!  LOL

This pic doesn't do this beautiful cross-stitch Laura did for me justice in the least cause I'm a crafter, not a photographer.  Laura says it's her first cross-stitch but oh my!, it's so perfect!  Totally beautiful and now holding a place of honor on MY side of the bed!

Now, you have to see the letter she sent with my fantabulous package:

Why is this letter so great?  Well, she made me feel so good in this, my first swap and she made me laugh like crazy with this little ditty at the bottom:

Is that not HILARIOUS?!?!?  I love it!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Laura!  You are such a wonderful new friend and terrific swapper!  For everyone else, I know you're jealous!!! Tongue

Now, to await the arrival of my package on Laura's doorstep!  *nervous laughter*

*muah*
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008 05:54:13 PM by SteeelMagnolia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My BLOG: CRAFT THERAPY

My  ETSY

Art sets my soul free.
calluna
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008 08:22:10 PM »

Great package, and that woodchuck book is too funny! I'd never heard "woodchuck" used before, either...I don't know too many of the euphemisms, actually...Interest ing that the author's last name is "Ripper". (I analyze too much!  Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
SteeelMagnolia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008 08:25:27 PM »

Nah...I noticed the same thing about his name.  LOL 
Oh, and thank you...I love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My  ETSY

Art sets my soul free.
LauraCore
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008 04:57:16 AM »

Yay!!! I'm so glad you love it. Yay! And whew! I was worried.  Grin

Great package, and that woodchuck book is too funny! I'd never heard "woodchuck" used before, either...I don't know too many of the euphemisms, actually...Interest ing that the author's last name is "Ripper". (I analyze too much!  Cheesy)

I hadn't heard it until I saw a production of the Vagina Monologues like 3 years ago. I thought it was hilarious. Then when I found this book it had tons of pictures of woodchucks and beavers (which I also put in the book) so I knew it had to be a journal...a vagina journal. Wink hahaha.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008 10:14:10 AM »

Great package! I love that book and cross stitch. Darn it, I though I was the only one who would find those Yorkie bars but alas, we are all equally clever.

Woodchuck huh. We call them beavers sometime. My favorite drink at the bar is called Woodchuck....hmmm, the possibilities.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
SteeelMagnolia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008 08:24:39 AM »

I thought I'd let y'all know that the brownie was MMmmm delish!  *smacks lips*  Cheesy

Now, Laura...you've got me all tied up in knots...what did you think (the PO says it delivered yesterday morning so I'm all freaked out that you didn't like it...first swap jitters.  Cheesy )Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My  ETSY

Art sets my soul free.
Knitty club
old is the new new

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008 11:56:59 AM »

I AM jealous! You bet! I can't wait for calluna to get hers which is making its way over the Atlantic ocean right now!
Well done! A great start to the gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the mermaids in the basement came out to look at me
LauraCore
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008 07:22:22 PM »

Oh Steelmags! I'm sorry, I haven't had time to update recently. I have been sick and I went out of town the day I recieved so I basically opened it up freaked out about how awesome it all was, took pictures, and then left! So now that I am home and awake here is the package.

Heres the loot all wrapped up!

A set of iron-on feminist symbols, shrinky-dink earrings!, and a "card carrying feminist" card

Awesome and beautiful coasters!

Etched glass candle! How did she know I loved lilac?

Feminist qoute/scrapbook. This is probably my favorite thing. It is really inspiring and cute.

Feminist t-shirt I love love love the stencil!

Oh steelmags, you have spoiled me completely. I love love love the package. Congrats on finishing your first (hopefully not last!) swap! You are a true feminist delight. Thanks!!!!!!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SteeelMagnolia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008 08:49:50 PM »

YEA!!!  Cheesy

I've been a ball of knots, hoping that you'd like everything!  I'm so glad you do.  (Did you notice the pic of your professor in the "scrapbook"?)  I enjoyed every moment of making things for you.

I can't wait to do another swap...this was pure joy.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My  ETSY

Art sets my soul free.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jennifer Aniston Wants Supermodel Hair
How to Do a Crown Braid Tutorial
How to Braid Your Hair for Christmas
Model Soo Joo Park on Her Blonde Hair
Top 3 Ways to Style a Shoulder Length Bob
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...