A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Look 6613 - Toddler Dress - I've made over 50 of these dresses  (Read 13237 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaymadben
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008 07:22:12 AM »

I am so glad you stopped and get it. I had it for almost a year before I used it. I don't know why some patterns intimidate me. I mean it says NEW LOOK so you know it's easy. How intimidating can it be? I'm so glad I finally used it. I made the ring around the rosie one first. Then I loved it so much I cut out the pattern on 10 fabrics at one time for dresses. This was on a Sunday Night and by Wednesday Night I had all of them sewn together, ready for lots of twirls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
funda62
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008 05:43:28 AM »

Adding this to my list of patterns to buy and bookmarking the thread for later help.  My favorite is still the one that you made with the two different cowboy fabrics!  Thanks for posting about the sewing of this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SAHM to two lovely girls
Fabric http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5067061.
stylinmommy
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008 08:42:08 AM »

Such beautiful dresses (your daughter is gorgeous too)!!!  You have a great eye.  I love your fabric combinations.  I'm planning on picking this up on my next trip to Joann's.  Thanks for your post.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tigerbaby1981
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008 05:40:03 AM »

I love the dresses you made. Im going to have to pick this pattern up for my daughter.. Right now she is only 6 mths but they dresses are soo cute and look pretty easy.. Thanks for sharing
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fruitychick
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008 06:54:09 AM »

I just made one of these dresses yesterday (view F, I believe).  It really couldnt have been easier--even with having to downsize the pattern to fit my two year old.  I'll def. make several more since I was able to squeeze all the pieces on less than 1 yard of fabric.

Your daughter is too cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaymadben
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008 02:02:07 PM »

I just made one of these dresses yesterday (view F, I believe).  It really couldnt have been easier--even with having to downsize the pattern to fit my two year old.  I'll def. make several more since I was able to squeeze all the pieces on less than 1 yard of fabric.

Your daughter is too cute!!
Thank You. When I make dresses for my 2 yr old neice, I use view E's overskirt piece for the skirt portion so it's not too long and then tighten the elastic in the back. I'm so glad you found this pattern easy too. Can't wait to see the dress! You'll have to post some action shots soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
HopeF
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008 11:30:15 AM »

Thanks for posting your creations.  I just made one for my daughter this weekend.  I'll try and get some action shots.  Your right it was very easy and fun! and she loved twirling in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
becc
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008 02:33:38 PM »

I will have to get this pattern (for later use!) it's adorable. I really loved your slideshow, too. Some of those little sets with the pants were too too too cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwistedTextiles

Superwoman-in-training

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008 01:55:26 PM »

Those are ALL adorable, and it sure looks like she loves them!  Grin
Since I don't have a little girl to sew for, I need to make some of those in *my* size...lol...if I could get away with it I would!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.twistedtextiles .com  <----My artistic ramblings (and gallery)
www.etsy.com/shop/twistedtextiles  <-----Etsy Shop
forevryoung
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008 10:01:36 PM »

I've made two of these dresses- one was a Tinkerbell pattern as a gift (so no pictures  Sad ) and the other one just needs the straps attached and the bow sewed on. I think I'm going to put a ruffle on it with the same bow material but that might be too tricky.

I have some great fire department fabric that I bought at Joanns, I'm going to make a dress out of it as another gift. I just don't know if I should do the whole dress in the same fabric pattern or if I should make the top part red with a red ruffle on the bottom. hmm.

Any ideas or more pictures?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Foundation
Naeem Khan Fall 2013 RTW: Hair and Makeup Preview
Advice From Past Cover Stars on How to Enter the Pretty Amazing Contest
Go Behind-the-Scenes of the Hunger Games Fashion Shoot
Get a Glam, Pearl Mani For Prom
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...