A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,174
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Would love opinions on site & product!  (Read 1575 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dippychick
Chris in NH

Chris from DippyChick

View Profile WWW
« on: January 23, 2005 12:25:48 PM »

Hi everyone,
I hope you don't mind me joining you. I am not sure I fit in totally because I'm what some may consider a food vendor.  Undecided I make and sell dry dip mixes - like you add to sour cream and mayo for chips and veggies. You've probably seen similar booths at shows. Anyway, although the food part of my biz isn't very crafty (aside from the fact that I will be selling at craft fairs) - my packaging is really quirky and fun! I hand drew the designs on each package. I have quite a few years under my belt as a graphic designer so I'm fortunate to have Photoshop and Illustrator skills, as well as some web design know-how.
Anyhoo, If anyone feels like checking out my site and giving me some opinions, please do!  Cheesy

Thanks so much!
Chris in NH
http://www.DippyChick.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SerenDIPity Gourmet Specialties
Wickedly Fun and Delicious Gourmet Dip Mixes!
www.DippyChick.com
katier

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005 07:09:43 PM »

Wow. Wow. Wow.  Grin

You have a wonderful site. Everything about it is done just right. It feels very welcoming and home-y. The graphics are amazing and the layout is superb. It is obvious you have website design and Photoshop experience. It has undoubtedly helped you create such a great page for your dip mixes.

I would, however, think it would be nice to have the blue serendipity logo be linked back to your index page. It seems to me that this is where I logically want to click to go back there.

The sliced gif... I am assuming (I could be totally wrong here, and if I am... sorry!) that you wanted that page to be scrollbar free, an image that appears solid in the center of the page (obviously it's not solid, but appears as a solid one is what I mean). It doesn't really need scrollbars after all. On my screen (19" monitor and 1024x768 resolution--in case you were wondering), you do get the scrollbar and using it only results in showing your copyright info (as opposed to scrolling to get more content). It'd be simple to make the top margin smaller or move the copyright info closer to the bottom of the image.

Last thing: the designs on your packages, as well as the names, may be "corny" but they are so delightfully corny. They totally sell the product, making it much more than just a dip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't need a baby growing inside me for nine months. For one thing, there's morning sickness. If I'm going to feel nauseous and achy when I wake up, I want to achieve that state the old fashioned way: getting good and drunk the night before.
--Ellen DeGeneres
dippychick
Chris in NH

Chris from DippyChick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005 05:09:51 AM »

Thanks for the great feedback! I can easily turn my logo into a clickable one. Great idea! I always try to click logos to get "home" too. I should have thought of that! Oh well.  Smiley

Thanks again! I really appreciate it!
Chris in NH
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007 07:49:29 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.DippyChick.com
amie

Get Hooked on Style!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005 06:39:08 AM »

Great site!  Great products! Great graphics!

You've really thought about your business approach as a cohesive unit.  Everything ties in with one another.  Very well done.  The descriptions are corky and amusing, making you want to read all of them.  I can't wait until the shopping cart is open.  I'm buying for my next party!

Amie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dippychick
Chris in NH

Chris from DippyChick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005 11:32:53 AM »

Thanks Amie. You made my day. :-)
Yeah, I can't stand it when things don't go with one another. Plus there are a lot of dip mix companies out there. and I needed a way to set myself apart. I think I would have a tough time posting to some crafter boards if I only sold dip, but the fact that I really put some heart into it helps me fit in.
Thanks again!
Chris in NH
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.DippyChick.com
katier

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005 05:36:14 PM »

I went back today. It looks perfect to me. You're just like me in regards to site building. I always seem to end up with the "Will go here" pages. Heh. It's such a good way to remember what on earth you were planning on doing when you started working on the site again at 2 am because a monumentous idea hit you. LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't need a baby growing inside me for nine months. For one thing, there's morning sickness. If I'm going to feel nauseous and achy when I wake up, I want to achieve that state the old fashioned way: getting good and drunk the night before.
--Ellen DeGeneres
dippychick
Chris in NH

Chris from DippyChick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005 04:51:13 AM »

That's true! The site is still a work in progress. Just when I think it's done, I see mroe that could be improved! Plus I've never done a Paypal cart before, and that is giving me some issues.Fun!
Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.DippyChick.com
swankcreations
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005 12:10:24 PM »

FAB!  Love your products!  The names are cute and the site looks very professional.  Can't wait for your cooler pics to be up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-------------------------------------------------
Swank Creations
A fusion of craft and style!
http://www.swankcreations.com
dippychick
Chris in NH

Chris from DippyChick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005 02:11:43 PM »

Thanks! I just ordered the dip coolers so I'll have photos up in a couple of days.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.DippyChick.com
greenfish
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005 01:59:30 PM »

Wow!! I reaaaaly want to try the 'Mama Mitsa, That's Good Pizza!' (sp..lol?) It sounds soo yummy.. they all do! I am ORDERING one, or a million, for my birthday snacking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Piccolo
How to Draw Philip Fry
How to Draw Peter Pan
How to Draw Pekingse
How to Draw Patrick
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...