A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,053
Currently Running With Scissors:
774 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zombie evil doll costume, and my poor cancelled Halloween party :-( [img heavy]  (Read 1633 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_party  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FruityLoops

... and that's why I don't like cricket

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2007 11:24:03 AM »

Hi all, this is my first ever posting (not counting replying to other people) so go easy on me!!

This was my costume I made for my friends Halloween party on Wednesday, I was also going to wear it (tho had hoped to improve it a bit) at my own Halloween party tonite but out of everyone I invited only 3 people accepted so I had to cancel due to lack of availability which I'm soooo bummed about as I was really excited bout it and had got lots of food n decorations ready :-(

I'm supposed to be like a zombifyed evil doll thing, the skirt I made using some cool orange and black checked knit material, the t-shirt is bought but I cut it up and fake bloodied it a bit and attached giant purple doll-like buttons (and wore another top under so it wasn't indecent).  The jewellery and rose were bought, and the wig I made from purple, pink and black yarn attached to pantyhose.  I got lots of comments on the wig tho I wasn't totally happy with it and I did mault a bit! 

The make-up is looking a bit worse for wear as this was after the party and I was a little drunk!!  This is a closer up picture of scary me :-D

Here's a piccie of my edible eyeballs which I made for the party that never happened, luckily I hadn't made the rest of the scary food by the time I had cancelled it or we would have had a lot to eat up :-S  I got the idea off the net somewhere but can't remember where, they're marshmallows with smarties and red and black icing.

And finally if I haven't bored you already, here's a piccie of my costume for another party I went to last nite (where my BF's band were playing :-D). 
I am of course a vampyr, the dress and fishnets I already had but I made the gloves and made the cloak (from a pattern) using some lovely quality black fake suede and purple satin, it goes all the way down to the floor and is sooo heavy and warm I looove it!!

And gratuituous scary face shot, I do have vampyr fangs but they didn't seem to make it into this shot :-S

Sorry for boring you all, I'm done now!!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007 02:07:48 PM by FruityLoops » THIS ROCKS   Logged

labibliotecaria
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007 12:07:39 PM »

So sorry about your party!  But your costumes looked great and your eyeballs looked disgusting.  Good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cheebs

Too busy wisting to be resting...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007 04:26:50 AM »

Same thing happened to my BF and I when we threw our first Halloween party last year.  We kept right on with our three friends, hung out, drank, and played games.

But this year due to our three friends talking about how great it was at our place Halloween night, we had 14 people show up this year.

So don't lose hope.  Next year could be better.

Sorry it happened though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FruityLoops

... and that's why I don't like cricket

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007 04:36:26 AM »

Thanx labibliotecaria, they tasted disgusting too ;-)  Ha ha well that's what the BF said anyways because he hates marshmallows, didn't stop him eating more than half of them tho!!

Yeah in retrospect I should have perhaps done the invites a lot sooner but I think this year there were just lots more parties than usual, we were invited to 3 (plus ours too if it had gone ahead) and last year it was only 1! 

My plan though was that this party would be soooo super cool as our previous halloween party was about 3-4 yrs ago when we moved house and it was abysmal as I thought it would be good to put horror movies on the tv (with sound off and music playing) for atmosphere but everyone just ended up sat around watching the tv :-S  But perhaps people remembered how rubbish that party was and that's why they didn't come! 

I'm thinking I might now have a halloween party for xmas instead (if people aren't too booked up for December already!) since I've a costume and all these decorations sat in a box waiting to be used, what do you think??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deadbathducky
Never let the sun set on an argument with a loved one you can fix.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008 09:22:25 PM »

that costumes cool:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember my mistakes,
remember you can change,
Remember that it's up to you...
to go and shape your life into
one that's worth of remembering...
-RTGO!

www.craftsbykitty.w ordpress.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Shadows
How to Draw Horses
How to Draw Hearts
How to Draw Flames
How to Draw Faces
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...