A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,975
Currently Running With Scissors:
418 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Round 8 (Sign-Ups: 3/17-NOON est 4/1, A Send-Outs: May 5)  (Read 38036 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tree27
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008 04:34:01 PM »

just sent in the questionaire! I loooove this swap
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jewelaroni
I'm a PInja RoBoy!

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008 07:26:45 PM »

Alright, so here's the thing with me organizing... this is how match-ups are getting done (which is kind of a pain because there are sooooo many options and stuff here)
Here's the order of importance:
1. country and where you're willing to ship
2.allergies, which thankfully, I don't have many so far and I've even got people with no smoke or pets in their house, so as long as no one rubs anything they make in shellfish, sweet corn, or fake cinnamon we should be fine. (yes, those are all real allergies from the swap, the shellfish being mine)
3. how much yarn you want/quality yarn (i.e. if someone wants 2 or 3 balls but wants acrylic, they could be matched up with someone who wants 1 or 2 balls of something like wool because of typical price difference)
4. what kind of crafty things they want... this is a tough one because I hate to disappoint people and this may be the hardest one to match up because there are only so many people who do different things. I'll do my best for all of you.

Also, I've noticed that Brits are more open about shipping outside their country. Maybe shipping is cheaper there?

Lastly, that comment was not a jibe at anyone who doesn't want to ship internationally, as honestly, I'd prefer not to. Believe me, with a part time job, a baby and school, I get not wanting to spend a lot! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Grapenuts, Carl."

I'm taking a break from swaps. :'(

Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog.
I <3 Dale Cooper.
jrsloane1

Knit Free or Die

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008 08:28:18 PM »

so i finally got my mom signed up on craftster...next step is convincing her to actually post enough times to be able to do this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Truth Is Out There
jewelaroni
I'm a PInja RoBoy!

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008 08:49:52 PM »

Dude, that's awesome. She should totally join.

Also, we have an allergy winner. Poor Tree27... she's got some crazy-brutal allergies, but on the upside, she was the easiest to match (it's tentative right now.... I'm not saying with whom because it could very easily change) but I think they're both matched with basically everything they want/need! Grin

Oh, and if anyone gets one of their friends/family members to sign up for this swap PM me so I know not to match you.
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Grapenuts, Carl."

I <3 Dale Cooper.
Tree27
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2008 09:06:27 PM »

hahahaha  Grin. well as long as I load up on allegra, avoid tropical fruit and don't sleep with a cat on my face I'm all good.

this weekend I am going to stay with my boyfriends mother who owns an alpaca farm, so maybe I'll build up some kind of immunity while I'm there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jewelaroni
I'm a PInja RoBoy!

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2008 09:44:15 PM »

I don't know... when I went to an alpaca farm they were very skittish.

All I wanted to do was touch 'em....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Grapenuts, Carl."

I <3 Dale Cooper.
Mojen

What perfume am I wearing? It's called Febreze.

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008 01:52:14 AM »

Also, I've noticed that Brits are more open about shipping outside their country. Maybe shipping is cheaper there?

I/we wish! heh

I suspect it's more than our yarn choice (and sweets/candy) is more limited, so we wanna get goodies from you guys  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jewelaroni
I'm a PInja RoBoy!

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008 07:07:52 AM »

oooh, gotcha.

I usually ship for $5  at work, but I don't think I could ship internationally for the same price. Too bad... Undecided
I'm really hoping to get more interest in this swap! I've got it in my sig but...

I should probably go and post all over the knitting board... maybe people will notice it. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Grapenuts, Carl."

I <3 Dale Cooper.
Mojen

What perfume am I wearing? It's called Febreze.

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008 07:49:04 AM »

oooh, gotcha.

I usually ship for $5  at work, but I don't think I could ship internationally for the same price. Too bad... Undecided
I'm really hoping to get more interest in this swap! I've got it in my sig but...

I should probably go and post all over the knitting board... maybe people will notice it. Wink

I've added it to mine too, incase it helps!

I think I'd struggle to ship for 2.50 nationally, though I can generally DHL from work for 3.50 and that's next day delivery (though I've all but finished there now, so there goes that option!), but I think the cheapest I've shipped overseas (outside the EU, which is generally cheaper) is about 15.  It's a big factor in doing swaps  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

britnlind

It's done. I just need to start.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008 08:03:50 AM »

Wow I am going to have to try DHL. I generally just do Fed Ex. UPS has let me  down more than once along with the post office. But $30 for overseas shipping is a bit much. I had no idea. I can get a medium size item overseas for generally $10-$15 but that is if it goes on the boat and not flown ---generally about three weeks travel time. Over night within the country is roughly $30. I haven't done that one in a while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sue and April at the Carnival Photo Booth
Portrait Session Outdoors with off Camera Flash
Photography Workshop with Tamron in Austin, Texas
How to Photograph Moving Objects
Macro Flash Photography Seminar at B&H
Latest Blog Articles
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat
Hooray for the Red, White, and Blue

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...