A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
848 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft for my kid swap! CLOSED! send out by 5/31  (Read 31677 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2008 11:19:18 AM »

You're lucky.  We coddled Lana so much that she didn't start walking or even trying until she was 15 months old...but she picked it up fast and was walking well within 2 weeks.  My mom is funny she still carts Lana to the playground in a stroller then carts her back home again. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2008 05:47:27 PM »

Well, my son could walk really well at 12 months.  I mean seriously, when he was 18 months he loved to go on 2 mile hikes with us.  We'd just stop whenever he got tired, to take a break.  The only time we ever used a stroller was when we jogged, or if we went on really really long walks (like 10 miles or more).  He would get mad if we made him sit in the stroller when he could walk the distance just fine! 

I hope that will be my son soon!! He's 11 mnths and is driving us crazy! He has learnt how to free stand but as soon as he realises he isn't holding anything he falls right onto his bum!! And the wonderful attachment anxiety has kicked in... he just won't leave daddie alone!

I can't wait until he walks but at the same time I'm glad, it's much easier to catch a crawling baby in a hurry than a running kid!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
girlosun_9
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2008 06:12:49 PM »

We used just aboiut every caring your kid sling/carrier under the sun with our younger two (or oldest came to us at 4 so it was not needed).

I will say that one of my kiddos liked any front carrier and the other liked NONE of them.  As soon as the one that didn't like any of them was big enough I tried the backpack and that has met with some success (when he does not try to climb out of it in spite of the five point harness and being several feet off the ground  Tongue  )

I found the mai tai and the infantino with a smaller padded body most comfortable on me.  My husband did not (and still doesn't) like any of the carriers.  At this point in time we only use the back pack and have only used the backpack since the boy was six months old (a year ago).  I couldn't live without it as we hike a lot in the spring/summer/fall and missed it so much when we did not go.  We have a kelty with the pack but started off with a much smaller model with the middle child and was just as happy.

I have started thinking about my crafting for this swap but probably won't start until much later in the month (when I finish up two other swaps).

THIS ROCKS   Logged
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2008 11:48:50 AM »

I already have a medium almost done.  It is so cool and I know my parnters kiddos are going to love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2008 01:48:06 PM »

LOL!  I finished something already too  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psoupdesigns
« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2008 08:01:33 PM »

Maybe she doesn't know about Pm's yet? Did you try sending to her other email addy?

Just a thought...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2008 12:22:55 PM »

I'm almost done with one of my tiny items..but I have alot more to do.  Smiley I haven't been this excited about a swap in a long time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2008 12:58:34 PM »

Okay, so I haven't actually started yet, but I have a ton of ideas!  I am very excited, I am going to try doing some stuff that I have never done before.  Working with new materials even so I hope that goes well.  I just need to finish up something for another swap and then I will tackle this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2008 01:40:23 PM »

I am still in the idea and question asking stage, but I am hoping to get into crafting soon.

And today I got invited to participate in a festival that the local La Leche League does (it's at the end of the month), so I am hoping that it will work out that I can do it, it sounds like a lot of fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlosun_9
« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2008 03:18:37 PM »

My partner and I have been swapping questions and answers back and forth daily Smiley

I think I am ready to start crafting but I am going to finish up two other swaps first.  I am looking forward to this swap so much Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about Monopoly
Monopoly Tutorial
Horseshoe Pitching Tips
Horseshoe Pitching Grips Tutorial
Learn about Horseshoe Pitching Equipment
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...