A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
553 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 49
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft for my kid swap! CLOSED! send out by 5/31  (Read 31721 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

carole73
My family IS my life!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2008 06:02:24 PM »

Just letting my partner and all of you great people of the craft tribe  Wink  I'm here, not very chatty, but here...and I started on some crafting Grin... the ideas are coming I just hope I'm up to the challenge of my ideas!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Families are like a box of chocolates... some have nuts in them Smiley
La famille c'est numro 1
christephi

From a tiny seed grows a giant tree.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2008 06:10:26 PM »

I use ring slings although I haven't used it in a while! My little man is 11months and is getting a little heavy for me, I'm about 5 foot 2 105lbs so carrying around him on my back takes its toll! He loved it when he was younger though, he never wanted out and since I made my first one, it seems everyone that knows someone having a baby wants one!! Heres the link to the ones I have made so far: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=232973.msg2543011#msg2543011 It shows just one but after the pictures there's a link to the rest of them!! They are very useful when you have a child that wants to be carried all the time... isn't that most children Wink

I actually use my selendang as a ring sling! And we're about the same size, so I hear ya! I'm lucky that my little one is so petite. I've been using the mei tai I made more and more instead of the sling.  Everyone should have some sort of sling though...it's GREAT for fussy kids. ;-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: Sprouting Flowers

Follow me on Twitter @christephi
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2008 09:46:28 PM »

I never used a sling with my DD as she didn't not like to be reclined at all.  Poor hting was very refluxy and needed to be held in an up and down postion all the time so I used a wrap and loved every minute of it.  With DS I want to use a sling if he likes it but I am a little nervous ot make one  although I have found GREAT patterns at tutorials.  I just need to order me some rings and have a go at it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2008 11:35:49 PM »

I used a ring sling with my daughter (who's 4 now) and it was great for about 6 months.  After that I just felt like my back was killing me whenver I put her in it.  Which probably meant that I was not wearing it properly.  This time around I made myself a mei tai.  My boy is almost 8 weeks and I use it almost daily.  I am hoping that as he gets older I will get even more use out of it because it can be used as a backpack also.  You can see one here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=234690.msg2567036#msg2567036
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2008 06:21:51 AM »

My son wasn't a fan of the ringsling, I got one in one of the rounds of the Baby/Kid swap and was so excited and he liked it at first and then that was that, he didn't want to get in it anymore.  I had good intentions of making a mei tai but neve got around to it.  How big of a kid can you put in a mei tai?  Can I still use one with my 2.5 year old (he's tall, but skinny, but I'm tiny so even though he loves for me to hold him, I can't do it for long)?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2008 07:50:49 AM »

Heehee, my brother got us the baby bjorn which we used 2x...I didn't like the way her head was positioned, so Lana ended up just being carried around.  Now she's 45lbs and it's getting a bit tough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
CraftyCarrie
Tutorial Contributor

Good at everything...Great at nothing

i crafted a kid

« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2008 08:16:19 AM »

I have 2 baby carriers.  My baby hates 1 and loves the other. 

I bought the Ruby Toots Sling. http://www.rubytoots.com/catalog.php?item=35&catid=74&ret=catalog.php%3Fcategory%3D74 He wont even stop squirming long enough to get in.  I don't trust it at all.  I'm hoping it will be more useful as a hip sling when he is older. 

My husband picked the Jeep 2 in 1 Carrier.  This one is great!  It's bulky, but I completely trust it and the baby would stay in it all day if I let him.  I use it a lot to walk to my parent's house (1 block away).  I have the baby on my chest and both hands free.  http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-2-1-Baby-Carrier/dp/B000B74DZ0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Good at everything...Great at nothing
sugarm0mma
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2008 09:17:14 AM »

My older daughter liked the backpack but not the sling. But my younger daughter wanted me to carry her all of the time, she's a snuggler  Smiley, so the sling was a huge boon for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.- Steven Wright
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2008 09:28:35 AM »

I used my Mei Tai with my oldest daughter until she turned four (35 pounds).  Comfortable and convienient especially in places where strollers can't go. 

I have used a snuggli, ring sling, 2 different kinds of slings, 'hiker' backpack, a side carrier, 2 different mei tai's, and the Kozy Carrier (a Mei Tai) is my fave.  Just a matter of preferance on your part, ...and the babies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2008 11:02:14 AM »

Well, my son could walk really well at 12 months.  I mean seriously, when he was 18 months he loved to go on 2 mile hikes with us.  We'd just stop whenever he got tired, to take a break.  The only time we ever used a stroller was when we jogged, or if we went on really really long walks (like 10 miles or more).  He would get mad if we made him sit in the stroller when he could walk the distance just fine! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 49 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
StyleLikeU Finds from All Around the Globe
L*Space By Monica Wise 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, Miami Beach
Red Carter 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Mara Hoffman 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Aqua Di Lara 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...