A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 305,019
Currently Running With Scissors:
484 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Thirsty Zebra  (Read 727 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rebel_gurl015
« on: March 16, 2008 01:36:06 PM »

I did this for my portfolio. Hopefully it will help me get into a good architecture school. The portfolio is optional, but i want to impress them in anyway possible. I can do anything as long as the number does not exceed 20. Do you think this is good enough to impress? I feel like the water is not that reflective. What can I do to improve this drawing? Don't be to mean though because I might just decide to rip it to shreds. lo jk but no, really tell me what you think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phobo_woah
phobo wofo like woah, yo.

hippie pride <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008 01:42:11 PM »

i think it's pretty good, but i think his/her body too big compared to his/her legs. i like it, though and i think the water's fine; if you made it reflective, it might take away from the real zebra. good job!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008 01:42:38 PM by phobo_woah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

freewebs.com/bagsbyphoebe. that's the new cool hangout place.
yamapresta

Cut paper fiend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008 02:02:42 PM »

It's very eyecatching and engaging -- I know the stripes must have been very tedious. As for feedback: In the actual shadows in the zebra, you need more contrast, as well as in the background. Make darker darks that are not the stripes. And in some places, don't let edges be defined by lines. Use different values to differentiate between different things. Try to use some value over most of the background -- even if it's just a really light grey. For the water, if you just some more gradation in the little ripples, it will look more real. Sorry to sound really snotty. It's a really great drawing, and I think with little tweaking, it could look incredible -- something that will definitely impress admissions people. Very, very nice job so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.doublesticktape.blogspot.com

Life through the eyes of a quirky music/tv/movie lover and AP Studio Art student on the hunt for the right art school. Chaos ensues.
Rebel_gurl015
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008 02:08:42 PM »

It's very eyecatching and engaging -- I know the stripes must have been very tedious. As for feedback: In the actual shadows in the zebra, you need more contrast, as well as in the background. Make darker darks that are not the stripes. And in some places, don't let edges be defined by lines. Use different values to differentiate between different things. Try to use some value over most of the background -- even if it's just a really light grey. For the water, if you just some more gradation in the little ripples, it will look more real. Sorry to sound really snotty. It's a really great drawing, and I think with little tweaking, it could look incredible -- something that will definitely impress admissions people. Very, very nice job so far!

Thanks. You have a great eye for detail! I've never taken a real art class and you just told me things that help so much. You don't sound snotty at all b/c you know what you know what your saying and why.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rebel_gurl015
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008 07:38:49 PM »

So can anyone else please comment or criticize? I want to get better at this thing so any help is really appreciated. I'm to broke for an art class.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rebel_gurl015
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008 04:57:00 PM »

It's been awhile...any one got any comments?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sketch Squidward
How to Sketch Mr. Krabs
How to Sketch Stewie
How to Draw Homer Simpson
How to Draw a Snake
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...